• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo dependecy

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
How long can one take fairly large doses of Xanax before becoming physically dependent?

Depends on the person. And the dosage. As an addict myself, I recommend never touching them unless you need to. There's much better alternatives gfor recreational.

Ive been prescribed them for years. Have history of abuse in the past as well. Trust me. After is nothing but hell.

It can happen as quickly as two weeks. Benzo WD is the worst there is. It's way worse than opiate WD and IMO even worse than alcohol withdrawal. Best not to go there.

If you don't need them for anxiety it's best not to fuck with benzos or if you do make sure you put a week or two in between uses. Benzo withdrawal can kill so it's really one of the worst drugs to play around with.

Everyone is gonna build tolerance differently, it's dependent on too many factors to say for sure. Some of the biggest factors are, quantity used in milligrams, length of time using them, and the length of time you give yourself between uses. If you keep your quantity to under 1-2mg, keep your length of time using no more than 1 day in a row, and give yourself large breaks you'll have the best chance of avoiding physical addiction besides absolute abstinence.