• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo (clonazepam) HELP.

Britt_bratt

Bluelighter
So I am a little worried about my benzo use.
I have been prescribed 1mg clonazepam to help with opiate(oxy+fentynal)/kratom withdrawals. I have taken about 20 1mg kpins over the span of about 3 weeks(not every day use).
I have been only using it to help with sleep from the opiate withdrawal but now I would like to stop taking the benzo because I'm terrified of becoming dependent on it and having to endure yet another withdrawal. Since I've only taken about 20 1mg clonazepam over the course of about 3 weeks, if I stop now will I go through any withdrawal? I know sleeping will be difficult because of the original opiate withdrawal but will I experience any other symptoms and if so how long would it be before I normalize? Or would I be okay if I stop now and not experience any extra withdrawal??

You will be fine, don't let it get in your head.... people use WAY higher doses than that for years before really having serious withdrawal symptoms.... you will most likely just have trouble sleeping a bit again.... nothing some melotonin can't solve.

I personally was prescribed 2mg klonopins for years , and quit cold turkey many times without incident.... Hell I didn't even know about the horrific benzo withdrawal symptoms , which is maybe why I didn't notice ANYTHING when i quit.... So you should be more than fine

Thanks motiv that's what I was hoping to hear..These things really do get into my head and I become obsessive over them and freak myself out. Been through withdrawal more than I can count and I'm so over and done with needing anything to get through the night/day.

Yes , how old are you?

I started getting heavy into drugs at 17 and now im 31, and about 2 years ago I really started to try and quit, and its suprised me how hard it is for me, like my brain and body are just shot without opiates/amphetamines/weed/beer/etc. etc. I just kicked heroin again 3 weeks ago, cold turkey, i made it through the withdrawals fine, and thought I was OK, but then I started having dreams about drugs and started getting really low, i stayed inside for 8 days straight and watched TV, it felt like i would never feel freee, some other triggers occured and then i relapsed about 4 days ago.... and damn does it suck.... if you can take away anything from this site, I hope you learn sooner than later that being a drug addict can happen to anybody, that it is easier than you think, so you must be vigilant! Its one thing to get high occasionally on certain substances, but drugs like heroin/meth/benzo/amphetamine/crack ought be avoided completely . they feel to good for most people to say no

Motiv- I'm 25 and have been struggling with drug abuse since I was about 14(weed and alcohol) then by 16 I was using opiates, became a full blown dependent addict by 17 and didn't quit until I was 21 due to an arrest and I went cold turkey which was hell but I made it through stayed clean for 11months then started using coke/crack but put the crack down after a couple month of heavy daily use because it was such a dark place. But I went back to just snorting coke. Then I got offered pills in January and I was right back to my opiate fein self. Since march it's just been a battle of detoxing and relapsing and I am finally done now. That shit has taken so much from me not to mention how deathly that fentynal powder shit is that's dropping everyone and stupid me was using quite a bit of it daily. So I'm done but used benzos for the lack of sleep but now I got nervous about becoming dependent and withdrawling from that. I'm just gonna try and stick to some weed from now on and then eventually stop that.. one thing at a time I guess!! My mental state has been the hardest this time around. It's been what's constantly making me relapse. I don't remember my mental state being this low when I quit before...

Motiv- I'm sorry you relapsed I feel for ya. It's the hardest battle. I can relate to your story soooo much. Especially the staying in and watching tv for over a week. I barely want to leave my house anymore it makes me so nervous and bad anxiety. But I know the more I go out and do stuff it will diminish. I hope you're doing better now!!!

I feel good, when I use I get a lot of things done, then i crash..... Like all within this week I found a new place to live, got a new job, and purchased a new car..... About a week and a half ago I was looking at becoming homeless if I didn't start getting my life in order, but I was so stressed out I couldn't get shit done.... Thats when I decided fuck this, i'm not going to go out like that, Ill buy drugs if thats what it takes to move into my new phase of life. So I hooked up with my old friends and got all high , and took care of my shit.... but a few days ago I decided to binge all night with a friend instead of just using a little to get my work done.... and I woke up with this horrible pain in my chest, when I breathed in it felt like my heart was gonna explode.... turns out I caught I strange lung infection from all the smoking of meth, heroin, weed , etc. etc. Luckily its starting to go away and I was able to identify it using the internet.... my body and the universe sends signs to me letting me know I don't have much time left to do drugs without consequences! I've already lost quite a bit, but I could still loose a lot more if I don't quit! Sometimes we don't want to see that, but its just the way it is

I feel you on using to get things done. That's a lot of the reason I fell back into it, I could get so much more done when I but eventually that fades and you become a hermit doing nothing and just getting high in your bathroom all day by yourself (for me anyways after using for a while straight) then when I come off drugs I have no motivation. I know time will heal all that but it truly sucks! I'm glad you were able to accomplish all of that, even if you needed to use to get there! I'm glad youre recovering from the lung infection that's very scary but comes with the territory unfortunately!

You have to be on a steady dose for a year or more or take massive doses for a few months then cold turkey to get any real withdrawal from benzos. Also Clonazepam has an intermediate to long half life so if you did feel anything it would be minimal. Dont freak yourself out it's all in your head! Good luck on getting over the oxy etc.

Thanks LSD!! Hearing that really helps cause I overthink everything way too much lol I'm doing good staying off the opiates! Thanks been 8 days so far and counting...