• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo blackout question

EatinPills

Greenlighter
I slowly upped the dose of the benzo I had because I was not getting the anxiety relief I needed. The next thing I know I wake up on the couch with no memory of what happened the night before, I also noticed I took a lot of my pills in a blackout state. I had no hangover or groggy effects the day after but have noticed my memory is still shot. Even things I did a week ago before I took the benzo seem hazy. Is this normal? Will my memory come back?

temporary amnesia is a side-effect that those who overindulge in benzos are all too familiar with but they will return slowly as long as you don't keep getting mashed on benzos.

temporary amnesia is a side-effect that those who overindulge in benzos are all too familiar with but they will return slowly as long as you don't keep getting mashed on benzos.
Ok, thanks for the reply. It was my first time with a fast acting/short half-life benzo, it actually had paradoxical effects in that it took a really long time to kick in, even more so than long acting/long half life benzos. I guess fast acting benzos aren't my cup of tea.

It's a horrible feeling waking up and thinking - hmm what exactly happened last night. It is pretty common and it is best avoided.

When i get amnesia sometimes i keep forgeting if they kicked in until i am like halfway out of it when i realize ive been impaired this entire time judging by my texts

The only time I ever blacked out on Xanax I remembered when I went outside my house and my truck was out of gas in the yard and no idea what happend..I'm glad I didn't kill anyone..careful with the big doses of Xanax.