• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Benzo binge VERY scared and worried about seizures and withdrawal

Young n inebriated

Bluelighter
90mg of Clonazepam taken at random doses and downed within a month, and2ish weeks of monthly prescribed diazepam

30-60mg a day binge most days above 30mg

don’t have enough left to do a proper taper

Have plenty of gabapentin but I’m not experienced enough with using it for withdrawal

and not confident in the gabapentin to handle this and I do have plentiful amounts

barely functional on potentiated 30mg rn

also I’m allergic to Valerian root and a lot of supplements around that

Last edited:
Yeah but he’s been taking benzos for years, isn’t that correct OP?

Do you usually run out monthly? You must if you’re abusing them?

How long have you been taking those doses?

Forgive the confusion.
I’m on 30 mg rn and I feel as if I’m a week in

and yes roughly I have been, but I normally don’t run out of the Clonazepam before my refill

You need to make whatever you have left last as long as it can. If you’ve diazepam you should be ok.

If you can't get to the E.R or something similar and get some benzos for tapering, the gabapentin will mos def help. You just need to stagger the dosages.
I wrote in another thread, I'll just copy paste here;

" Fatty foods
- Olive-oil (optional, but recommended)
- 1 can of 12 OZ soda per 900 mg of gaba

I used to fix up a full fatty meal and halfway through it down my 300mg capsule with one third of a 12 OZ (33cl) acidic soda-pop.
If you need to take more, wait ~30 minutes and take another capsule with a small, fatty snack and another third of the soda.

The reason for the fatty foods is because Gabapentin is lipophilic; it bonds to fat in order to be processed by the body.
The acidity of your carbonated drink will help digest the Gabapentin more effectively.
Olive oil is mostly unsaturated fats which makes it really good when increasing absorption of Gabapentin. Unsaturated fat is better for dissolving/binding to Gabapentin, due to hydrogen atoms (I dated a pharmacology-student while I had my gabapentin-script).
The reason you need to take it with a meal is to decrease the rate of absoprtion in ordeer to increase total ansorption.

Never take a large dose all at once."

Gaba won't eliminate the WD's, but it'll definately take the edge off.

Thank you so much that was very informative and has given me a bit more confidence in this hellish situation

and it was very detailed and exactly what I was looking for 🙏🏼

Also I live close to a hospital if need be.

if i've understood you correctly, doses of 30-60 mg clonaz are insane man. be careful. you can find info on how to withdraw safely here but it sounds like you don't have enough to taper safely. switching to diazepam and then tapering from that should be easier.

are you with someone or do you live on your own? it sounds like you might be at risk of seizures if you're gonna jump off from such a high dose and you would need immediate medical attention in that care.

also keep us updated, keep posting. there are loads of great posters here who have been through similar. i was addicted to benzos for 6 years but unfortunately i can't recommend the way i got off them.

also keep us updated, keep posting. there are loads of great posters here who have been through similar. i was addicted to benzos for 6 years but unfortunately i can't recommend the way i got off them.
I have tried so many things I realize I no longer have an objective view and won't generally advise (23 years on clonaz), but I have one thing:

Have a backup plan, and let a friend know about it.

fucking hell 23 years is no joke!! yes, certainly have a backup plan and get people irl you can count on to be there to help you out. no one gets clean alone.

fucking hell 23 years is no joke!! yes, certainly have a backup plan and get people irl you can count on to be there to help you out. no one gets clean alone.
Oh, and DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL to cope. Only badness results.

if i've understood you correctly, doses of 30-60 mg clonaz are insane man. be careful. you can find info on how to withdraw safely here but it sounds like you don't have enough to taper safely. switching to diazepam and then tapering from that should be easier.

are you with someone or do you live on your own? it sounds like you might be at risk of seizures if you're gonna jump off from such a high dose and you would need immediate medical attention in that care.
I'm reading it as 90mg Clonazepam per month so average of 3mg per day -

plus 30-60mg Diazepam daily

aaaaahhhh right that makes more sense. still a pretty high dose but i think when i was scripted clonaz, i had liquid so i don't know how much it was but given i was supposed to have it 3-6 times a day it would probably have been over 3mg. 30-60mg diaz is still pretty hefty but definitely doable. still potentially dangerous to taper too quick so i hope the OP is able to come up with a sensible tapering plan based on what they have left.

Thank you to everyone who’s replied🙏🏼

I live with my girlfriend and neither of us have a job rn so I have support, and help if needed.

and I have no belief that I’m invincible but over the past 3-4 years I’ve figured out I’m pretty tolerable to seizures, from jumping straight into withdrawal so many times

I apologize that I haven’t been able to reply, and the lack of good details, but ya know I’ve been so disassociated anxiety insomnia shacking brain zaps etc

I stayed at 30 excruciating mg of my diazepam the past couple days, going to run out today unfortunately.

I haven’t touched the gabapentin yet cuz I don’t wanna kindle too much with what I’m already doing to myself/keeping my tolerance low to it but I’m sure I will this evening

but luckily in about 10 days I will have my 90mg of Clonazepam and try as hard as I can to only take 3 a day max, and get myself at least kinda regulated before I do anything stupid like a super fast taper or jumping off

Also I very happily just got a quarter pound of some legal, and it’s a very potent Indica as well so the thc isn’t bothering my anxiety too much even with the thc content

So with that and plenty of gabapentin, hopefully that’ll hold me thru until I can get my Clonazepam, and will definitely keep me more comfortable.

once again THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who replied I am truly grateful

I’ve been a lurker for about 2 or so years, but I’m very new to posting and tbh I didn’t expect this much kindness

oh and i’m far more knowledgeable about benzos then what I made it seem like, when I first posted

not claiming to be near as experienced or as intelligent as anyone whatsoever but I’m well aware of the dangers and the insane doses I’m taking, it’s just so much harder with my receptors being fucked since I was 13-14 dosing my benzos to ridiculous amounts, and fucking my body and brain up unknowingly

but as ya know that withdrawal will have you very confused 🤒

They got [A Doctor from the USA] off of a 100+mg/day Xanax habit with flumazenil infusion therapy in Italy. They pioneered it, and it's pretty promising but far outside any of our access right now.

Yeah, since benzodiazepines are allosteric modulators, and only increase synaptic firing frequency and channel potential, there is really no ceiling dose that will flat out kill anyone, if they ramp up to it, much like morphine. It can be maintained at ludicrous doses indefinitely but SHOULD YOU RUN OUT... your ass is fucked mate.

100mg.. that's insane. Only a Doctor could keep that up. I wonder if he was a Psychiatrist.

Felt like death today. Absolutely no benzos.

Gabapentin definitely helped but the way I am feeling on day one especially with no tolerance and 300mg of gabapentin staggered every 15 minutes, up to 1200mg now

and I can’t smoke even a little without the slight psychosis and paranoia from the withdrawal completely overtaking me

I’m probably going to either go or end up in the ER at some point tonight, I can barely handle smoking a cigarette without my whole body twitching and I’m a daily smoker

I normally never let it get to this point but I suppose, learning even more about how terribly awful it is to live this way is a plus and a good reminder to maintain control and normalcy at the very least, until I can get my GABA levels somewhat normal to try and taper with my diazepam script

-90mg Diazepam monthly
-and 90 mg Clonazepam every six weeks

and to clarify I do mix them and go back and forth with them, that’s the main reason I’m so concerned, cuz of the up and down with the benzo strengths and them both being anticonvulsants

A lot of getting what needs to be done in that state is psychological / psychic reserve. I've found that fear of something is usually worse than the something you fear.

Keep in touch with someone with a car and try to stay occupied / distracted and lower the light and sound levels until you can do something one way or the other. The waiting just plain fucking sucks.