View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Benzo/amphetamine/lsd combo-safe? fun?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
So yesterday, I had an astonishingly good lsd trip (330ug) and of course, am still enjoying the afterglow. I also took 3mg etizolam (I have a bit of a tolerance so that's a typical insomnia dose for me) last night to be able to fall asleep early enough. Today I have shit to do, so I took 30mg xr adderall+10mg ir (I realize this is a relatively high dose but I have formally diagnosed ADHD, and it's bad, so that's just a functional dose for me. Oh and I had a few puffs of weed, but that's a VERY regular thing for me. All this is to say, I feel amazing! So amazing, that I'm wondering if all these drugs can safely be used in combo. I know benzos are fine, and I always love smoking weed with my psychs, so no issues there, I'm just wondering about the adderall. I just love the feeling of the clear, focused headspace that amps provide combined with the gentle body buzz from the etizolam. And it seems like it'd be SUPER fun with lsd. Opinions?

Oh btw, I don't get any anxiety/paranoia from adderall, so I don't think that'd be an issue, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.

Peace. :)

Everything I've heard about combining stims with LSD is bad. I've personally drank a redbull on acid and I found it to be an absolutely horrible idea. Also the combo of stims and downers is notorious for getting people killed, so just... be careful man. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Good to know. I'll avoid this combo then. I though maybe it'd be somewhat similar to candyflipping (which I haven't actually tried). As for the stim/downer combo-is it really that unsafe when using therapeutic doses? Not doubting you, just wondering since I really love the combo. I never take enough amphetamine to experience cardiac effects (except for some mild vasoconstroction, I guess. Just makes my eyes less red). Even then, I do it rarely (this is the first time I've combined benzos and amps) because I've used more than my fair share of benzos in the past and managed to escape wds, not gonna push my luck too much there though. Plus, due to my etizolam tolerance, 3mg is really more like 1mg, maybe even less. I'll definitely take your word on the acid though, I love acid, wouldn't want to ruin such a good thing.

Generally the concern is that since downers dull the effects of the stims and the stims dull the effects of the downers, you're more likely to take more of both than you should, resulting in the increased danger.

Others may chime in, I'm sure there are some stim users on here who would disagree with me, perhaps they can offer you an alternative perspective.

I did that combo when I was in high school a few times and liked it because I was flying and way relaxed at the same time.

Well I'm already very experienced, too experienced really, with benzos. I won't go above 4mg etizolam now, ever. Even that's only when I need a heavy duty sleep aid. I've learned my lesson with high dose benzos the hard way so I understand what you're saying. I don't want too high of a dose anyway since I really don't want to dull the trip too much.

I'm more worried about lsd+amphetamines. Amps on the afterglow are great, but I don't know if it'd just be too much while tripping. Also, the physical effects. Vasoconstriction is one that comes to mind, and possibly nausea (though I don't really get nausea from either alone).

I'm going to avoid this combo for now though unless some other people chime in and say it was great. Seems too unpredictable.

I did that combo when I was in high school a few times and liked it because I was flying and way relaxed at the same time.

I posted below right before I saw this. Which drugs/doses did you use? Any side effects beyond those you'd normally experience from acid or amps?

1 papar tab L + less than .1g Meth + half a Xany bar. No unusual side effects. Coming down was way nicer that w/out any benzos

Last edited:
Generally the concern is that since downers dull the effects of the stims and the stims dull the effects of the downers, you're more likely to take more of both than you should, resulting in the increased danger.

Others may chime in, I'm sure there are some stim users on here who would disagree with me, perhaps they can offer you an alternative perspective.
Uh huh. Back in my speedballing days I had more than a few close calls when the coke wore off and the smack was still going strong.

I've only speedballed once, smoked crack and then did a few bumps of smack. It didn't do much so I did a slightly bigger line. Then the crack wore off and I nodded my ass off for six hours. I'm glad I only took two hits of crack because otherwise I'm sure it would've resulted in a heroin OD. I don't think any of that really applies to 3mg etizolam though, haha. But all of you saying that mixing uppers and downers can be very dangerous are right indeed.