• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzo advice

uselessmerc

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I have been on benzos most of my life (on and off since I was about 2 - yes, really) but have a history of being able to taper off quite quickly. I've been taking 4-6 30mg Serepax each day, as well as panadeine forte. I've run out (my own stupid fault - I've been having bad anxiety lately) and can't get any more for four days. I have one Serepax left and 3 10 mg temazepams. My question is: do you think I'll be safe until I can get more in four days? There is absolutely no way I can get any more of anything until then. I also take Seroquel (75mgs at night). Do you guys think the Seroquel will stop me from possible seizures? If worse comes to worst, should I down a drink? I am really reluctant to do this because I haven't drunk alcohol for over ten years. But, I kinda don't want to die either - I've heard some horrible stories. Any advice?

I feel stupid writing and posting this but I am feeling a bit anxious, so I'm just going to suck it up and hit 'post' and hope someone kind out there can help :)

Cheers.

with that combo of drugs to hold you over, taken as maintenance , you can do it. worst case, go to er. your legit. way to go staying off the booze.

I'm really curious on why you were taking benzos at the age of 2?!

I have heard stories of little babies flipping out in the ER and the nurse shooting them up the nose w/ a liquid dose of some benzo, and the baby like almost instantly chilling out. I heard this from a father. I trust my source.

Yeah Deos has to be a troll, because no child at 2 years of age should or would be prescribed a benzo, but we all know this already :p

You could have a seizure and seroquel isn't an anti convulsant. You could try spreading at your doses it's better to have some each day than none every day. I wouldn't drink very much if you do because when it wears off it has the opposite effect which doesn't take long. Maybe a glass or two of wine. Probably not a good idea if you are a recovering alcoholic of course. You should try and pick up some phenibut in case you ever run out again so you have something. You may feel some withdrawal for sure esp since you have been on them for so long. But a few days isn't that long. If you are having a hard time go to the hospital.

Don't think OP is a troll, may have had a serious reason but is kind of strange.

I have been in both short and long dry spells before. IMO, getting over the counter sedative herbs like valerian and chamomile will actually help in a tight situation. Obliviously not the ideal way to go about this, but if it helps enough to keep you from the hospital, so be it.