⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Ben Affleck chosen to play Batman in the next Man Of Steel movie

^nice

maybe it'll be called man of steel vs man of wood and like lots of plastic muscles.

seriously, word is the affleck is on a several picture deal worth somewhere in excess of fifty dollars.

You have to admit, if the movie is even a fraction of what that fan made trailer is, it's going to be fantastic. Plus, Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor?! It's win win!

seriously, word is the affleck is on a several picture deal worth somewhere in excess of fifty dollars.

Well, if they got him for around $50 then I'd say it might be worth it. Might.
I liked The Town. I like bank heists and I'm from the region. Argo's OK.
Otherwise he sucks. They tried to stick that oversized jaw of his into a rubber suit once already.
Daredevil.....

Regardless, I'd agree they'd need to look very hard to beat Christian Bale's performance.
I can't believe we all bought Michael Keaton as Batman.

The guy who played judge dredd in the new Dredd film should have been cast as batman

81973.jpg

Where is this going to take place? Bruce Wayne lives in Gotham City and I believe Clark Kent lives in Metropolis.

I see a synergy between the two actors possible. Its first a Superman movie... Ben will be playing sort of a supporting role, right? I can see it turning out to be a good film.

Last edited:
Affleck will make a good Wayne. I still, however, can't see him as a good Batman once the suit goes on. Only Batman (and the fact that I liked MoS, warts and all) being my favorite superhero keeps me cautiously optimistic

Batman is a dick.

Affleck is a dick.

It will work.

I'm amazed how obsessively loyal seemingly intelligent people are to these super hero flicks.

How many Batman/Spiderman/Superman films can they make, before the world stops caring?

The characters are terrible.

A guy that dresses up as a bat: Batman.

A guy with spider powers: Spiderman.

A guy with lots of super powers: Superman.

Fucking yawn.

Nolan's films attempted to lift Batman into high art, but just ended up being pretentious.

I liked comic books as a kid, to a certain extent.

But who gives a flying shit about them as adults?

Stan Lee is a relatively talented person, who became famous by churning out cookie-cutter heroes and villains in a niche market with (at the time) very little (serious) competition.

The plots and characters of these "classic" superhero stories might as well have been constructed by madlib.

They are awful.

Last edited:
Didn't some of the comics come out at an important time to try and instill national pride? Didn't Captain America originally fight Nazi's?

They're the best bad guys because they hated everybody and everybody hates them.

I guess we're lucky that those Commu-Nazi's that McBain was fighting never took off.

Captain America and Jack Bauer are, among countless others, little more than propagandist tools perpetuating the idea that the United States is - by extension - superhuman.

I'm amazed how obsessively loyal seemingly intelligent people are to these super hero flicks.

How many Batman/Spiderman/Superman films can they make, before the world stops caring?

If I could agree more than 100% I would. Every time a fucking retarded superhero comic book movie comes out I ask myself when the insanity will end... sans The Dark Knight I actually enjoyed that.

Specifically, I can't believe anybody actually watched past the first Spiderman, The Green Lantern, ANYTHING X-Men, Captain America OR Man of Steel.

I get huge budget, star-studded movies bringing a draw but doesn't it have to have a limit... somewhere? :\

The Iron Man movies (mainly 1 and 3) and The Avengers were pretty cool for super hero movies. Didn't see any of The Hulks because I heard they blew. The Spiderman movies are ok. Spiderman 3 was disappointing. I stopped watching the X-Men movies after the second one came out. Didn't see Green Lantern, Green Hornet, Captain America, Thor, or the new Superman. So I guess I haven't seen that many super hero movies, but I do think the Iron Man movies and Avengers are worth watching.

haha. I think at best, Superhero movies are capable of appealing to my inner child. Other than that, it's gone way too far and doesn't seem to be grinding to a halt any time soon...or ever. Those greedy cunts at Marvel are loving it! Boycott the bitches. Save yourself from more homoerotic spandex bullshit that is the basis for a socially-retarded ten year old's wet-dream.

I almost went and saw the new X-men movie, but then I woke up! The last two Superhero movies I saw in the cinema were extremely disappointing and dragged on painfully (The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel). What do we really gain from seeing these predictable and lazy archetypal money-suckers? When you've seen one, you've seen them all. It's all so mind-numbing and shameless.

I'm glad Ben Affleck is going to be the Bat! Prize twat for a shit role - makes perfect sense. It doesn't matter who they cast, Superman and Batman being in the same movie is completely nauseating and is like watching a child play with his action figures.

"Get this! How about a movie with Superman...AND Batman!"

"Genius."

Save yourself from more homoerotic spandex bullshit that is the basis for a socially-retarded ten year old's wet-dream.

I'm glad Ben Affleck is going to be the Bat! Prize twat for a shit role - makes perfect sense. It doesn't matter who they cast, Superman and Batman being in the same movie is completely nauseating and is like watching a child play with his action figures.

"Get this! How about a movie with Superman...AND Batman!"

"Genius."

I laughed aloud at these. Perfect. LOL.