• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Belsomra help?

Cherrycoke

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. This is my first post ever on this website. I?ve been using it for years for all my drug related questions, but today I came across something that I have not seen mentioned on here. It?s a sleeping medication called Belsomra, it just came out this year and a prescription of it just fell into my hands today and I want to try it out tonight. If anyone has tried it, I?d like to know the effectiveness and also, the potential for abuse, if so what?s the reason it would be abused.
Ps. If anything was done incorrectly on this post, please tell me!

I've never heard of the neurotransmitters that this works on, not that i am anything more than an enthusiast. I'm sure someone here knows something about this drug whether or not they've taken it themselves.

Hey Cherrycoke! Welcome to the internet's premier destination for discussing drugs with even the slightest potential for abuse. The drug in question, Suvorexant (Belsomra) has actually been on the market here in the States since 2015, but it would seem that the drug has not been entirely successful in the open market and a very common complaint is that the drug in fact exacerbates sleep problems.

It's in Schedule IV due to what would appear to be limited abuse potential similar to the Z-Drugs, Zolpidem (Ambien) being the flagship of said group. However, Suvorexant works upon different neurotransmitters than the Z-Drugs. The only thing that can be advised at this point is to take the medication as prescribed initially, see if it helps and we will continue from there.