• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Belbuca for opiate withdrawal instead of Suboxone- need guidance

Andariel

Greenlighter
Hello all!
I’ve always had my act together with what works for me in the past, I’ve always used my suboxone strips 12hrs after my last perc and I’m ok (not GREAT but I can get up and work, no precipitated withdrawal or anything), and I only needed 6mg suboxone to be ok, 2x a day the first couple days then once a day. After one week I’d switch to 2mg/day
Well unfortunately now I can’t get those and only have access to Belbuca: 750mcg
This one is totally new to me, and I really need some assistance with how to use it.
Coming from a low level daily perc habit (like 2-3 10’s every few hours) (I’m a chronic pain patient or I’d just stop, I unfortunately can’t handle my pain level so we and I like taking breaks periodically to reset my tolerance).
So if anyone could help me out with:
-When can I take the first dose? Is it like Subutex where you wait until withdrawal has set in/at least 12 hours after your last dose?
-How much would you recommend if 6mg Suboxone was enough for me to be comfortable? What is the Bel equivalent to 6mg Suboxone and 2mg suboxone?
It sounds like it’s basically the same thing as Subutex just a different brand/cheek instead of sublingual, so I shouldn’t have to wait 3 days like I would if I had Suboxone/with Naloxone?
I really appreciate anybody’s time and guidance, as my doctor would NOT be ok with me doing this and I’d simply lose my pain meds if I asked for him to do a guided break. It’s a shitty situation.
I don’t like fucking around and finding out with medication.
Thanks again, have a wonderful day ❤️

Belbuca is basically the exact same thing as Suboxone, except it's used in the cheek & has slightly better bioavailability.

If 6mg of subs normally gets you right... And those belbuca are only 750mcg, you're gonna need like 4 or 5 of the belbuca to equal the same dose as Suboxone. I don't know exact equivalents, but I'd say 750mcg of belbuca would probably feel just the same as 1mg of Suboxone. Belbuca is usually used for opioid naive pain patients.