• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Belbuca (buprenorphine) ???

Latekate81

Greenlighter
so this is the first post I?ve ever made on here.... been lurking for years but made an account JUST to ask this since I can find 0 personal experiences online.

A friend was just prescribed 300mcg of Belbuca (
Buprenorphine) one sublingual film in the cheek every 12 hours.

I guess my question is does ANYONE have any experience with this drug? Shes taken the 75mcg and didn?t feel shit or help her pain at all. There?s gotta be somebody out there who can tell her what to expect.

She does have a pretty high opiate tolerance. About 6 months ago She was taking 90 mg of oxycodone a day and as of yesterday She was taking only about 20mg a day.

She just wants to know if 300mcg will do shit for her and if not, if anybody?s ever taken 2 of them at once. (600mcg.)

Again, I?m new to this so if this is in the wrong place or I sound like a complete asshole I?m sorry lmao

Hey there LateKate! Welcome to the community! We're very happy to have you. Make sure you join up with a gang immediately or you will end up as one of the moderator's bitch. It's rough out here.

You mentioned that you had a fairly significant tolerance to Opioids. The dosage of Buprenorphine that you are dealing with are really not high. For someone with a tolerance such as yours, I would venture to say that you would need 2mg Buprenorphine to experience relief. You can either take a higher dosage and run out early or you can go with it and attempt to reduce your tolerance to the appropriate level so the Buprenorphine actually works for you.

Belbuca isn't designed for opioid maintenance; that is, suppressing wd or substituting drug of choice to be clean yet still function

The doses are too low, at least starting out

Note that I cal has better BA%, still, you will need multiple strips, and wait AT LEAST 40 minutes as it can take awhile to peak

Place one in each cheek, as directed and wait several minutes, and then try 1 or two more- wait awhile before attempting to redose

And if this is to become a regular thing to replace oxycodone, you may need to tell your doctor you need Suboxone or Subtex(lowest dose is typically 2mg, 8mg is pretty standard) or Bunavail, another buccal film, though it comes in higher doses-1.4mg, which may be ideal(they have higher doses, though you probably don't need 12mg per day :)

And please, don't use "your friend" we know it is you, and it just makes your posts more confusing

Anyway, Good Luck and again Welcome to BL