• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Being "strung out"-meaning?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Wassup BL I have concerns regarding the term "strung out"? Now I've been using opiates benzos stims etc for 8 years. I'd experienced physical wd and psychological for multiple substances,;) but recently after a long dxm binge I felt muscle weakness and being tbat term is commonly associated with such drug use, what I'm asking is that common to experience such withdrawal from just stim use long term or opiate uss long term etc...work with me before I reveal more details thanks in advance BL...

Does it only Apply for dopamine syrgenic drugs etc please correct as needed

TYPICALLY, it applies to stimulants. Notice that "typically" is capitalized.

A real world example:
I really should be sleeping right now, it's about 4 AM, but I'm literally too strung out on stims. It has me up at this stupid time, busy thinking/being paranoid about things that are barely worth my time. The only reason I'm able to realize, and thus admit, this, is because I'm drunk.

However, I have been "strung out" from opiates before. This only occurred when I was going about my day, but had the misfortune of fantasizing about my next dose. Of course I was on somewhat of a regimen, but the mere thought of another taste entering my mind would basically ruin the rest of my day.
In my situation, all I had to do was wait until about 5 PM, and I would be home and able to take my next dose. But if I had the misfortune of even THINKING about how much easier life would be if I had that dose NOW at 2 PM, then for the next 3 hours, I would be extremely irritable and rather arrogant. Kind of like:

Sober Dude: "hey so what do you think about that last assignment?"
Me: "That last assignment!? Fuck that shit! That shit was a waste of fucking time, and to be honest, a waste of all of our fucking time in general. Fuck that shit."

The way that usually ends is that someone perceives that you're far too aggravated to continue a conversation with.

Now, you mentioned benzos, but I don't even want to get into the benzo interpretation of "strung out." It's more like being a paranoid freak who feels like any moderate social interaction could be their last, due to a sudden anxiety induced heart-attack in the middle of a conversation.

You said to work with you for more details, so if this isn't enough, then I don't know what is. Especially because this is all 100% from 1st hand experience.