• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

"Being One" Dilema

T

TheOtherOne3

Here is a dilema I put out to bluelight for disucssion. If were all one, then where does that stop. For example, at what point are people moving to reproduction. Where does the line get drawn. How can one define boundaries when boundaries don't exist.

If death unites a soul with everything, then isn't every moment one step towards a sense of incest and homosexuality and beastility?

This is just a thought really. But, lets say you are the drummer of phish. You have used each drug. Heard every far out pipe dream. But moreso, seen group after group after group conjeal in perceptions of uniting as one. Wouldn't you eventually accept that his purpose is blending everyone together in a form of reproduction?

So wouldn't he eventually just decide, fuck it, and say drugs are fun and i like music and I'll never know?

So what is the purpose of ever searching for answers you can't find?

Why does a line need to be drawn at all? The theory of all of us being one experience in itself to me has very little to do with the physical act of reproducing other human beings or animals. What boundaries are we talking about here?

Homosexuality, bestiality, incest...I am struggling to see the relevance of sexual preference to the boundaries of all of everything being one.

What is the purpose of searching for answers to questions that we will never find? The thrill of searching for answers. Life ceases when we know everything there is to know. That is when we can truly begin to live.

I think it's helpful to interpret "we are all one" as a loose metaphor. Nobody's actually fusing into strange flesh golems at a Phish concert... and I think the drummer is there mostly to bang on drums :)

The "we are all one" people usually use words like energy or consciousness to describe something that is beyond comprehension. I believe in that world language would just be another form of energy. I assume man made laws do not exist there so energy is free to fuck whatever it wants.

I think it's helpful to interpret "we are all one" as a loose metaphor. Nobody's actually fusing into strange flesh golems at a Phish concert... and I think the drummer is there mostly to bang on drums :)

and occasionally blow into a vacuum..

You're over thinking it. Even if you take it literally everything experiencing itself in oneness would automatically be above it.

Here is a dilema I put out to bluelight for disucssion. If were all one, then where does that stop.

The statement is so loose it needs redefining. The way I understand it and interpret it from others who proclaim it is that humanity has a collective mind, which can be felt intuitively during certain experiences.

^

Not just 'humanity', which implies humans only, but all of nature.

Apart from that, that's the first thing you've said which makes sense in months. Phew.

Some thoughts to widen the perspective a bit.

This universal being that we exist within is formed fractally and manifested through duality.

This universal being exists within and through these parameters.

This universal being is only one among a very, very great many.
Imagine a bubble in a sea of champagne.

These beings are infinitely diverse, existing and operating within parameters, physics, and conditions that range from the understandable to the inconceivable. So far beyond dualism and fractals that we don't have any reference points available for our consciousness to relate to.

These are what we would call gods, beings capable of creating, maintaining, and being, entire realities and planes of existence.

Here is a dilema I put out to bluelight for disucssion. If were all one, then where does that stop. For example, at what point are people moving to reproduction. Where does the line get drawn. How can one define boundaries when boundaries don't exist.

You're still getting caught up in the idea of starting and stopping, forward or backward, self or other, etc. These are all dualities. Beyond them, you just have unfiltered reality.

It's much simpler than people make it out, and it doesn't need mystical connotations. Boundaries only exist in our perceptions, they are subjective. Your question follows, "If there are no boundaries, where are the boundaries?" This is obviously meaningless. You need to get past the assumption that boundaries are real things to begin with.

If death unites a soul with everything, then isn't every moment one step towards a sense of incest and homosexuality and beastility?

wut? lol

EDIT: okay I think i get what you're asking, you're stuck in the idea that once you die, you'll have to experience everything in time and space at the same time (again, a self-contradiction) so let's try this.

Imagine that you are experiencing everything right now. This, right now, IS everything. Your experience of this one unique perspective on it all is part of all and everything. Experiencing this human lifetime is one part of how all and everything exists.

You are already dead, and when this meat puppet expires, it will be no different. Death is a human invention, as is the self, and the two go hand-in-hand. Death is the word we use to describe what happens when an organism stops functioning. In order to make sense of this in terms of our subjective experience, we invented a self that resides within the body, and that perishes along with it. This fiction quickly stops making logical sense when you sit down to think about it.

Last edited:
One of the things I actually wonder about is when people describe this existence as a form of holographic reality, which many seem to see it as, your whole life is often described as just a movie projected on a screen with you being the projector (who can jump into the movie).

That way, nothing you could do would really matter, except as a learning-project for yourself. The only thing about this is the seeming objective existence of other beings who you can interact with and affect in different ways. At least here it seems real, but who knows, it might be like with a dream where you seem to be able to borrow some of someone's soul-essence so you can interact with anyone, or seems like we all have some of our soul-essence available to anyone who wants to interact with it.

That way it would seem real, but it wouldn't be real, like a short dream. You can also do extreme things to others, like kill them, in dreams but it's not real (or I don't believe the ones you dream about experience the same at the same time). Sometimes it can seem like you're really interacting with someone on some kind of non-physical plane, but it might as well be just you in a world of your own, where you can create anything you can imagine. So it's like we're all just dreaming different dreams. I can't say for sure it's not really like that.

One of the things I actually wonder about is when people describe this existence as a form of holographic reality, which many seem to see it as, your whole life is often described as just a movie projected on a screen with you being the projector (who can jump into the movie).

That way, nothing you could do would really matter, except as a learning-project for yourself. The only thing about this is the seeming objective existence of other beings who you can interact with and affect in different ways. At least here it seems real, but who knows, it might be like with a dream where you seem to be able to borrow some of someone's soul-essence so you can interact with anyone, or seems like we all have some of our soul-essence available to anyone who wants to interact with it.

That way it would seem real, but it wouldn't be real, like a short dream. You can also do extreme things to others, like kill them, in dreams but it's not real (or I don't believe the ones you dream about experience the same at the same time). Sometimes it can seem like you're really interacting with someone on some kind of non-physical plane, but it might as well be just you in a world of your own, where you can create anything you can imagine. So it's like we're all just dreaming different dreams. I can't say for sure it's not really like that.

This collective physical reality that we experience, although being only one aspect of each of our existences, is by nature of it's low rate of vibration, as real as it gets. Whether or not it is formed out of the sub space quantum vacuum, or projected in every photon, our perceptions through our physical senses are what form the basis of our experience with it. It is however, only one aspect of our being, and the most vibrationally concrete aspect at that. How our actions and intentions are weighted in general is beyond my knowledge, evidence does seem to indicate though that they do indeed matter and have real consequences in this and all realms in which we exist.

Perhaps the only purpose of this level of existence is to understand absolute personal responsibility as a means of transcendence. An experiment in existing within a reality that consists of absolute hunger, in which life must consume life in order to survive. The cycle of the serpent endlessly eating it's tail is definitely something that I would wish to transcend. If ever there was something that looked like a trap, that would be it.

It's sometimes said there's a realness an unpredictability to the physical world, as opposed to the more lucid subtle planes, that makes it attractive to the human soul as it's the strongest learning-experience we can get.

But I sometimes wonder about the interactions with other souls or conscience-forms and if they really experience the same as you do. Maybe we all experience different things. Say to someone else I might be the worst person they've ever come accross so they've given me the role of an evil tyrant in their life, even if I'm not inherently like that, but in their subjective reality I appear that way.

Makes you wonder about who you trust to have the key roles in your life. Like the ones you need the most or the ones who hurt you the most. It's likely they were picked for that for a reason, either way it is.

In the song "Good Vibrations" there's a line that goes "It's weird how she comes in so strong" but what makes someone come in so strong?

There are many people who don't register with you at all like you don't really "see" each other (like there's no vibrational resonance).

Last edited:
I think you're onto something Ninae.

In a superficial sense you're of course drawn to people like you because you grow up in a certain culture or family, and to a large degree you emulate them.

In a more creative sense, you seek out people with like traits and they seek you out, whether consciously or not, and you gravitate towards certain temperaments and away from others, so they play their roles in your life. If you're a hippy, businessmen represents evil pushers to you. If you're a businessman, they represent other players in an arena who might be useful but tend to be enemies. This affects your interaction with them and in turn helps create, perpetuate and evolve archetypes in our culture.

Also, I believe that when you take enough ayahuasca or smoke DMT, you start to see things primarily on that level. At least that's been my experience. Seen from the level of archetypes and thought-forms, it starts to look less like people are walking around with ideas in their heads, and more like ideas are manifesting themselves through people. Instead of experiencing yourself as a 37-year-old Malaysian woman, '37' and 'Malaysian' and 'woman' wrap themselves around you. This leads to the conclusion that thoughts themselves have some form of substance we haven't yet learned to acknowledge. In that sense we are blind, but we also appear to be among the first species on the planet to begin to use the imagination to the degree and potency we have. So that's interesting.

In other words, I think the imagination is totally real.

There are also drugs that can make the imagination more real or seem almost as real as an actual experience. Primarily downers, while stimulants seem to do the opposite and force you more into this world. So they're great when things are going well but magnify any kind of problem.

I just dislike the anxiety and paranoia that goes with it as I'm normally pretty unworried.

Our thoughts come from experiences derived from our environments in which scenarios/situations take place empowered by other people's thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. I believe that we do all experience different things based on our perceptions of the world. One man's best friend may be your own worst enemy. Sometimes we subconsciously just are not attracted to someone's vibrations because of our own perceived inadequacies of ourselves.

I believe that we truly are just one consciousness experiencing singular lives subjectively.

You are part of oneness that is experiencing separateness, through the intervention of ego. Therefore we experience boundaries in a temporal way. Oneness resides in you, as you.

It's interesting to read some of the accounts of stroke victims. Some of them experience incredible sensations of oneness and being dissolved as the parts of their brain which facilitate their individuality begin to break down. There's a part of us, spiritually and neurologically, which is build to experience collectivity. I don't believe it's pure biological determinism, but biology certain interfaces with the process.