• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Being on xanax for a week and temazepam's a month prior

Meaniee

Greenlighter
So apparently i'm not withdrawaling from benzo I don't think?I haven't really slept well but thats about it how long does it take for the w/d to start? I went 36 hours and I started to get light headed so i took a bar and I was fine i'm really pushing myself not to take it if i dont need it. When I Was taking the 30mg temazepam's Dr he told me he I could just stop taking them cold turkey and I then i picked up a xanax habit the combo was amazing waaaayy better then just taking xanax alone. I was taking 60-90 mg temazepam's a day and maybe half a bar but that was on rare occasions. I've been currently taking bars for the past week or week and a half. I don't really feel like i need it so i'm just gonna 'get rid' ;) of the rest of the 40 bars i have stocked up . I: was gonna use them for tappering purposes but now i don't see if i need to . What is going on what am I experiencing. OH right i forgot to add that i'm on invega sustenna shot . (keeps me from getting high on any types of substances including meth which sucks) but I'm not taking benzo's just to get high just to feel relaxed and I get that from them. Is it possible that it's interfering since it regular's dopamine and serotonin.

Hey Meanie :) hope you're having a good one so.far. What I think is this is a textbook case of Benzodiazepine abuse/,withdrawal.

Most folks here "Benzodiazepine" and think of a sedative and not much else. The reality is that Benzodiazepines can actually cause a lot of fucked up shit like inexplicable rage, hallucinations and psychosis to name a few. These symptoms are rare, but are surely possible for someone abusing high dosages of different Benzodiazepines.

You are probably experiencing a cycle of abuse and attempted withdrawal leading to a state of confusion.

To answer your question, yes, you can stop taking Benzodiazepines right now. You might experience rebound symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, sweats etc. but these are just annoying, not deadly.

Have I covered what you needed brother?

Thanks mang !

I've been good so far; last night I didn't sleep for shit but slept on and off all day today; I was wondering when and if it's possible to cycle this out again like use for ten days then ten days off without being fully dependent on it . If I knew that I think that would work to my advantage. I'm currently 2 or 3 days from last use and I feel fine. just minor moodyness but that passes . Any insight you can give on this would be awesome ! thanks man have a great day !

i'm getting usual dreams and sleep insomnia but the worst part of it all is these brain zaps's i went 4 days without taking anything and then i took a 2 mg bar last night and it made it worst for a little bit but then calmed my down what is going on chemically in my head ?
??

Meanie, please do some research on what is known as the "Kindling Effect". It is most discussed in relation to sedative-hypnotic drugs like Benzodiazepines and Alcohol, but the phenomenon seems to apply to most and psychoactive drug.

Basically, each time that you develop a tolerance/habit or what have you to these Benzodiazepines and experience these symptoms, the next time you use Benzos can and often does lead to a faster onset of tolerance and dependence and a more intense withdrawal syndrome.

Each successive episode will essentially get worse and worse, faster and faster. You'll notice that most Opioid addicts for instance, don't develop their first sickness until weeks or months of successive use. However, after they get that first withdrawal syndrome, an Opioid user can develop a full-blown withdrawal syndrome after just 2-3 days of usage.

Try to wrap your head around this stuff and I think your condition will begin to make sense to you. Let me know if you have any questions.

So there'es no saying you can't just stop taking these drugs for awhie and then start again ? Each sub sequence gets worst over time is that what i'm taking away from this ?

Now you got me scared . :*( My use has been peaking ever since i stopped using i thought i would get around it but just using every weeks weeks ans or weekends, Now I I know i'm naive. thanks for being that into me

I had this 24 hour rule that I wouldn't use anything until the 24 hours was up