• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

being happy and content

Too fucking true. Many probably don't even fully grasp what you're talking about either.

Ever read Clan of the Cave Bear? Your thoughts remind me a lot of that series.

Thanks for the kind words and recommendation. I'll look out for it. :)

Thanks for the kind words and recommendation. I'll look out for it. :)

Dude I would totally recommend you read them. The series can go off on a lot of tangents but has a LOT of really good insights into human behavior and society. It is also really thought provoking because it lets you think about primitive human culture and how the Earth was during the Ice Age.

^ I hadn't watched Shawshank Redemption in years and years (video store was always rented out) and watched it again recently and just had a renewed appreciation for how great it is. That moment sends tingles down my spine. There are just so many great parts in that movie but the movie as a whole is simply flawless. It is undoubtedly the best movie ever made.

So many good ones I couldn't just pick one...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/quotes

I see the opposite, I think people glamourise the idea, and I stress the word idea, of being depressed or having a mental disorder yet these same people still maintain a happy attitude most of the time and nothing in their life seems all that bad. I think people that are truly depressed or have real problems are ignored and despised even. Through my experiance that is.

For me, happy and truly content only come when I'm stoned.
I have to not be able to focus on all the things that need improvement and I can't fully let that go unless I'm stoned.

I for one, may feel happy some of the time but Ill never truly be content. I know my place in this world and it is not a good one, my life will be full of unpleasant circumstances and difficulties that I am too weak to face. I dont think its something I should be ashamed about and its definantly not something for me to brag about. People who arent pessimistic just dont understand where us pessimists come from. A life that is just fun and happy would be dull for me anyhow. I like all the emotional baggage i have to deal with, its almost comfertable for me.

anybody seena film called happy go lucky. the film is exactley like this. theres this woman whose just insanely happy. and it seems everyone around her apart from her good friend just dont see how she can be so happy. maybe through veiws of the world and the way you "should live you life". its quite good, a very emotional film.

this topic is something ive always thought of but never spoken about. i havent gone through depression for at least a year now properly. ive atleast been remotly happy and everytime i go through shit i dont dwell on it as much as i used to i think i do this mostly because i dont want to end up like my mother. shes 45 and has no freinds or anything. she has a partner but she doesnt really have any thing that revolves around her apart from the control over my brother, her partner but thats probably it. without that she just hates everybody.

why does being happy, content and not freaked the fuck out over everything make so many people upset and/or mad?

really, why do people seem to seek out sorrow depression anxiety and fail and then get mad when I dont go along with it and just stay happy and cool.
Suffering is very attractive to the separate self-sense, as it gives it continuity and a sense of existing in separation.

That's why some adolescents "cut" -- trying to convince themselves they're inhabiting a body, through the pain. Same with most emotions -- the need to feel one's body as separate from its environment and attempt to validate that as a reality.

It's a fear of losing emotion and feelings, which define and delimit the sense of separate existence.

Non-separation is very even, neutral, non-emotional (for the most part) -- it looks empty like a desert to the "mind of separation".