Mental Health Being delusional can be a *good* thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Whenever I run out of meds or have one of my sleeps that last like 27 hours and my head actually clears somewhat, I realize that I spend 95% of mine time wondering around in a drug-induced haze. completely delusional...and HAPPY.
I only realize how much so on these rareish occasions. But I am miserable sober when reality hits. So I think that chemically-induced day-dream I mostly exist in is a really positive thing.

Can anybody relate?

(the state I mention is induced mostly by a combination of anti-depressants, most-stabalizers, opioids, benzodiazepines, CBD and sleeping pills).

I live with someone who suffers from delusions and paranoia and I can assure you it's not a good thing.

I am sort of in the same boat. I think the person in this predicament cant actually make the assesment of weither its good or bad for his/her self, because each time you wake up sober you are going through acute drug withdrawal, so naturally you would say Drugs good, sober bad. But actually you arent sober. You should give yourself at least 3 days drug free to get a taste of what sobriety feels like~~sober is better than drugs, in my oppinion, because it makes you a dollar richer, a bit healthier, and if you do it right you dont have to carry around a worry in the world. With drugs the worry of withdrawal looms in the background, you try to escape from that, but it will come back. The worry of money....the worry of health...the fear and anxiety...sober people dont have that so acutley. So YEP, just say no (to addictive drugs) lol!!

Last edited:
Whenever I run out of meds or have one of my sleeps that last like 27 hours and my head actually clears somewhat, I realize that I spend 95% of mine time wondering around in a drug-induced haze. completely delusional...and HAPPY.
I only realize how much so on these rareish occasions. But I am miserable sober when reality hits. So I think that chemically-induced day-dream I mostly exist in is a really positive thing.

Can anybody relate?

(the state I mention is induced mostly by a combination of anti-depressants, most-stabalizers, opioids, benzodiazepines, CBD and sleeping pills).
Yes I can relate being sober is hell to me

These are real issues people deal with while sober, and need medication to resolve.

I know you didn't have bad intentions OP, but I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.