• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Beginner questions

NeedYourHelp

Greenlighter
Hi,

Am looking to start off H. I don't want any judgement, just advice. I take a prescribed dose of 4mg of Xanax a day (morning, afternoon, evening, night) and have done so for the last 7 years. I don't take it to get high; it's a prescribed drug for me. At this point, the Xanax does little for me except make me feel "normal." By which I mean I don't get any high or any alteration of consciousness from it anymore. I have memory issues due to it, but that's common (I mean mainly sometimes short term memory - I'll forget what I had for dinner last night).

Downers seem to work with my body very well. Alcohol will bring out a much, much kinder side to my personality while also making me jokey and confident. I can handle my liquor very well. Even with Xanax in my system it takes around 3-4 glasses of Long Island Iced Tea to have a noticeable effect. I once drank two bottles of wine and popped 6 Xannies and while I blacked out, I was not sick. I was stumbling and slurry and forgetting what I said every five minutes, but I wasn't sick. I drank on an utterly empty stomach (no food, no drink at all, just Xanax) a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey, and while I ended up with chills and horrible vomiting for over an hour, I didn't end up in the hospital or dead (obviously).

Stimulants, even weak ones like coffee, will bring in me immense amounts of creativity, wit and fast, rapid thought processes but also anxiety. So I don't take stims.

I'm looking to try H because I've heard it has similar qualities to alcohol without the physical effects such as liver damage or bloating etc. I intend to snort, not smoke or shoot it.

All that said, I have some questions:

1) What is a good, weak strain of H to start off with?
2) How small of a bump should I take to start?
3) How much should a good weak strain in the NYC area run me? I don't wanna be ripped off.
4) Is there any way to test the purity of the H?
5) How long of a space between say my last dose of Xanax should I put between my use of the H to be on the safe side? How long should I wait after taking the H to take a Xanax to be safe?
6) Is there anything else I should know or anything to watch out for? If I'm overdosing on a snort, how soon would I realize it?
7) Is H truly like some of the horror stories I've heard - where you can die/your respiratory system shuts down - the second you take it or mere minutes after without warning?

All advice and suggestions are welcome.

1. There are no strains like with weed..
2. 2-10 mg of pure heroin would be enough for an opioid naive person
3. Impossible to tell as we don't know the purity
4. Lab test
5. It takes around 5-7 half lifes till a drug is out of your system and given that both alprazolam and heroin are CNS depressants you should wait those 5 half lifes as combining CNS depressants will increase respiratory depression and can kill you
6. A lot of heroin is cut with fentanyl which is far more potent and even 1 mg could potentially kill you, have a friend with naloxone around just in case and start really low and read this thread http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/704633-Should-I-Try-Heroin-MEGAThread-v-1
7. Depending on the route of administration yes you could overdose and die right away. Some people die with the needle still in their arm.

Last edited:
1) Strains of heroin? There aren't any...
2) TINY. You can ALWAYS do more, but once you do too much, it's not like you can go back and do less. Be careful.
3) We can't do price discussion and I don't live in NYC so I have no clue.
4) Not unless you sent it in, which probably wouldn't be too bright. ;)
5) I honestly wouldn't mix the two...I know a lot of people do but that's a recipe for overdose.
6) I would definitely not use alone, especially for your first time, because by the time you realize (IF you realize) you're about to OD, it will already be too late. You definitely need to have someone with you (preferably someone with Narcan) to watch you, just in case.
7) Yes. It's a dangerous drug and I would never suggest that someone tries it. I wish I never would have. If you never do it, you don't know "what you're missing" (the feeling). I would strongly suggest that you think twice before doing it, because it could cause huge problems for you in the future. If you are dead set on doing it though, PLEASE do it "safely" and use harm reduction tactics. Also like I said, PLEASE do not use alone!!

1) Heroin does not have "strains".
2) I never snorted the heroin, so I cannot say anything about this other than TINY. You can always take a little more, but you can't untake an overdose.
3) No idea, not from NYC. And I believe that price discussion is not allowed anyway.
4) Without sending the heroin to a lab, the only thing that you can test is whether or not the product actually contains heroin (via a reagent such as the Marquis reagent)
5) Mixing benzodiazepines and opiates/oids is a recipe for disaster. I would avoid doing this at all costs. It is not worth it.
6) This drug destroyed my life for a long time, and many others. There is no way to describe the pain that it can cause. And as far as overdosing, you would likely be unconscious before you had the chance to realize you have overdosed. The best thing you can do for yourself in this situation is use around a person who knows what you are doing , and is in possession of Narcan (naloxone) . Most states have laws which make accessing naloxone fairly simple. Find a syringe exchange program or other harm reduction platform in your area to inquire about this.
7) Heroin is like all the horror stories you have heard and worse. Usually in drug education programs they tell you things like "heroin withdrawal is like having the flu for a week" . This is the grossest understatement I have ever heard. Have you ever had a flu that makes you entirely suicidal? Or that makes you want to rip your own skin off your bones so that it will stop crawling? While in withdrawal I would have traded a life time of the flu to feel better. Being addicted to heroin is like a full time job, trying to keep yourself well and sane. And then even after people do manage to quit the heroin , many end up being a slave to the methadone clinics. I know my mind will never be the same again. And as far as respiratory depression goes, yes it can happen within seconds (usually if taken intravenously) but also in mere minutes if snorted or smoked.

Live and let live, but why play with fire? And if you take away nothing else...DO NOT MIX THE H AND XANAX!

Hi,

Am looking to start off H. I don't want any judgement, just advice. I take a prescribed dose of 4mg of Xanax a day (morning, afternoon, evening, night) and have done so for the last 7 years. I don't take it to get high; it's a prescribed drug for me. At this point, the Xanax does little for me except make me feel "normal." By which I mean I don't get any high or any alteration of consciousness from it anymore. I have memory issues due to it, but that's common (I mean mainly sometimes short term memory - I'll forget what I had for dinner last night).

Downers seem to work with my body very well. Alcohol will bring out a much, much kinder side to my personality while also making me jokey and confident. I can handle my liquor very well. Even with Xanax in my system it takes around 3-4 glasses of Long Island Iced Tea to have a noticeable effect. I once drank two bottles of wine and popped 6 Xannies and while I blacked out, I was not sick. I was stumbling and slurry and forgetting what I said every five minutes, but I wasn't sick. I drank on an utterly empty stomach (no food, no drink at all, just Xanax) a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey, and while I ended up with chills and horrible vomiting for over an hour, I didn't end up in the hospital or dead (obviously).

Stimulants, even weak ones like coffee, will bring in me immense amounts of creativity, wit and fast, rapid thought processes but also anxiety. So I don't take stims.

I'm looking to try H because I've heard it has similar qualities to alcohol without the physical effects such as liver damage or bloating etc. I intend to snort, not smoke or shoot it.

All that said, I have some questions:

1) What is a good, weak strain of H to start off with?

You never know what you are getting. I throw in the garbage half of what a buy - quality control is really that bad - because it doesn't even contain diamorphine. If you can find shit chipped off a brick maybe? Otherwise, you have NO IDEA what you're getting and with fentanyl out there, I sure as fuck hope you don't get that. Instant death.

2) How small of a bump should I take to start?

I would say 5 milligrams. But cut it in half and take the other half 15 minutes later. 10 milligrams max and that actually is probably way too much if it's anything good.

3) How much should a good weak strain in the NYC area run me? I don't wanna be ripped off.

No price discussion

4) Is there any way to test the purity of the H?

There is no way to tell if it is cut with fentanyl whatsoever to my knowledge, which is the biggest issue. And you WILL get ripped off if you continue to use, it's part of the game, too many desperate, very very VERY desperate people who will sense you like fresh meat.

5) How long of a space between say my last dose of Xanax should I put between my use of the H to be on the safe side? How long should I wait after taking the H to take a Xanax to be safe?

Just make sure a low dose of xanax is in your system. Since you are very dependent, it shouldn't make as much a difference as someone who doesn't have a long term tolerance. I take benzos and opiates daily and I've never overdosed but you have to be really careful... just skip a xanax dose if it won't kill ya to.

6) Is there anything else I should know or anything to watch out for? If I'm overdosing on a snort, how soon would I realize it?

You can overdose hours later, not just immediately. If it was a bad fentanyl cut you might OD too fast to seek help. The high begins with a euphoric rush of energy in which you are on top of the world to the extent that at feels cosmic or psychedelic in my opinion. I've experienced telepathy. It's that powerful. Later on (an hour or two later), you begin to nod and become sedated. It's this part that always worries me... watch out for depressed breathing. You'll notice it. It's like a shallow type of breathing that can make you anxious if you're not used to it, and you develop tolerance to this VERY quick, leading me to believe it is indeed very dangerous. I would use it with a friend around to be at least a little safe and have narcan on hand if you can.

7) Is H truly like some of the horror stories I've heard - where you can die/your respiratory system shuts down - the second you take it or mere minutes after without warning?

It's worse than the horror stories. Typically, before the death occurs, there is a long road of suffering and agony and attempts at recover You lose everything - job, house, car, girl, money, smarts - over a fucking chemical fix because you can't handle the withdrawal. I mean, this isn't always the case, but it is way too common and one death is enough let alone millions. That is why you are being warned. There is A LOT more to worry about that overdosing, and by the way, new users overdose really easily because they don't have the tolerance to respiratory depression yet and can get aught off guard

All advice and suggestions are welcome.

The reasons you are looking at H are some of the dumbest. Stick the the not-so-perfect drugs. I had chronic pain for 2 years before using it and my life had already fallen apart. I could barely walk in my mid 20's, I was ready to slit my wrists. It was heroin or suicide in my mind and it was still a stupid choice. I was dealing with extreme panic attacks on a daily basis. Just stay the fuck away from this shit because you have erroneous reasons for using it. It's tough to hold back judgement my friend when you bring up this subject. You have the capability of getting that fucking SHIT out of your mind and never getting into it. The high is also nothing like you described. It doesn't impair you like alcohol. It is a far superior high, but you are better off never knowing it. Trust me and many, many others on that one.

The reasons you are looking at H are some of the dumbest. Stick the the not-so-perfect drugs. I had chronic pain for 2 years before using it and my life had already fallen apart. I could barely walk in my mid 20's, I was ready to slit my wrists. It was heroin or suicide in my mind and it was still a stupid choice. I was dealing with extreme panic attacks on a daily basis. Just stay the fuck away from this shit because you have erroneous reasons for using it. It's tough to hold back judgement my friend when you bring up this subject. You have the capability of getting that fucking SHIT out of your mind and never getting into it. The high is also nothing like you described. It doesn't impair you like alcohol. It is a far superior high, but you are better off never knowing it. Trust me and many, many others on that one.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
I completely agree.
I don't think you should even try it!
It's destroyed my life. I have had chronic pain for over 5 years when I got into it. Nothing else was working. But now I'm in the fight off my life. It was originally just for when the pain was really bad. Then I kept doing more. It's been almost a year now. I am heading into day 3 of CT withdrawl n I'm miserable.

The horror stories you've heard are NOTHING like experiencing this addiction.

Smoking is safer than IV or nasal as you will most likely fall asleep before being able to actively overdose. But I still wouldn't recommend using. After years of addiction I'm stuck on methadone and it's a miserable existence. I would have definitely traded my curiosity for a different experience.

Last edited:
Here is my advice. go far far away from trying heroin. I know the chances of you listening to this post are slim, but go far far away from it. Evil drug that will take over your life. You can joke yourself into saying you will just snort it too, that will change after a year or two of use. Your logic centers completely change when you are on dope. What you are thinking now will change once you are in the depths of H. And you will get addicted. That is the kind of drug it is. You do not want heroin addiction.

Smoking is safer than IV or nasal as you will most likely fall asleep before being able to actively overdose.

This is a common misconception in my opinion. It is very possible to overdose from smoking dope...you may take too big a hit and fall asleep before u can smoke more, but u may still have severe respiratory depression when u pass out even tho u have stopped smoking.Ive seen plenty of people OD from smoking fentanyl too which every addict I know proclaims as "safer" for the same reason you outlined about the heroin....and considering there is an epidemic in North America right now of heroin being cut with fentanyl and fentanyl analogues, inhaling too much vapour/smoke could be very dangerous indeed

Which is why I advise the op not to try heroin at this time....if u would like to experience a good opioid high and nothing we say can make u feel otherwise, try a pharm grade opioid like Dilaudid. You will get essentially the same feeling, without risking getting heroin cut with fentanyl and overdosing. IMO IV Dilaudid is on par with IV diacetylmorphine in equipotent doses anyways.

Here is my advice. go far far away from trying heroin. I know the chances of you listening to this post are slim, but go far far away from it. Evil drug that will take over your life. You can joke yourself into saying you will just snort it too, that will change after a year or two of use. Your logic centers completely change when you are on dope. What you are thinking now will change once you are in the depths of H. And you will get addicted. That is the kind of drug it is. You do not want heroin addiction.
It's no joke. The opiate region has a big role inducing the stage 4 REM sleep where you dream and unconsciously release stress. For me with it I dream and actually remember it where I never have before my whole life.... Suboxone actually prevents me from sleeping. I get tired, but I stay up 2-4 days before sleeping and it's never restful . It makes my physical pain so much worse vs the withdrawal.... Don't get me wrong I love nodding into a waking dream late at night staying up screwing around, but I don't even care to get high. Is give up weed, psychedelics, and really just about anything to have the right medication script so I stop thinking of ending my life even though I know I can't unless I'm blacked out, which if I continue getting as little sleep as I do it will happen and due to my past trauma I think in that state I'd be so frighten, angry , sad, scared, hopeless, and uncomfortable I wouldn't think about anything besides making sure the next attempt ended my life. The only things that will happen if I reach for help is being threatened to be locked up, likely forced drugs, lose myself completely, become more of a burden then I am already, and spend the rest of my life cycling between being mentally numbed forgetting who I am, remembering things as it wears off, spiraling into a paranoid and miserable state causing isolation, breaking down, suicide attempt, forced health cash vacuum... I mean care, and kicked out once I become numb or dedicated enough to pretend I'm OK to make sure I die after leaving.

Trust me don't use heroin. Look into kava, chamomile, or many other healthy herbals. He'll if you want an opiate get kratom leaf not extracts notorious for being cut with research opiates compounds. Make poppy seed tea, which is essentially opiates, but no more than once and a while I recommend after psychedelic trips as its the best way to end a journey in my opinion.

Edit : Dilaudid is nothing like heroin all rush no legs. I think opana with its long half life and gentle onset rush is most like h where morphine follows second