PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Beginner Help - LSD

WaWaWerin

Greenlighter
Preparing for my first Psychedelic Trip

Hi everybody!
I realise this might be a "what should i take" thread, though, i'm not quite sure about that, as all i am is looking for help. I currently have the opportunity to take LSD in a safe set/setting with an experienced friend as tripsitter. Though, i have no earthly idea what dosage to start with. I have looked on the internet and haven't really found any specific dosages.

- I weigh 62kg
- I have studied the drug for more than 30 hours (Including general psychedelic study)
- I haven't taken any other drugs besides Diphenhydramine (I think 200mg, and i got subtle hallucinations including seeing weird shapes in my peripheral vision, i actually enjoyed this quite a lot. Very interested in delirium-like states, as i meditate quite a lot.), i've also taken a hit off a joint.
- I'd consider myself intelligent, mature and strong-minded. I meditate a lot, and i tend to be quite fearless. Never watched a real horror movie in the dark while being scared (actually i've never thought about this).

First i'd be interested in making it an experience i won't forget (not some bs partycrap), and i'd be quite fine with taking a bit higher dosage that recommended for beginners. Please take into consideration that i'd enjoy Datura or Salvia.

Generally, you only know the dosage by tabs, i.e. one tab, two tab, four tabs etc. because most low level dealers don't even have the slightest idea of what micrograms are on their hits. If you really wana go for a spiritual awakening... well, my first time my friends and I all ate 3 and a half tabs 'cause we thought it wasn't working. Never in my life have I seen such clarity to reality. We communicated telepathically. I went from being atheist to, well, whatever I am now lol. In the spirit of harm reduction, I can tell you that one hit is usually good for a trip, I don't go past two very often now that I've had a few real intense trips. Only you can determine what you really want.

I'll say that acid can scare the shit outa you at times though; always remember, it WILL wear off. Sleep is almost never achievable till 12-16 hours post dosing so don't try to you'll go mad lol that really got me my first time. Let us know if you have any other more direct questions.

Listen to some Grateful Dead (if you haven't before or didn't like them, you will now) and have a good time dude %)

Last edited:
Hey! Personally I'd say a does of 100-125ug would be a good starting point, considering you are somewhat experienced with psychedelics and seem to be a strong minded person you should have no trouble at that does.

But as you are probably aware set and setting are far more important than the does! :)

Guy told me that.
I'm going to assume that it is ca. 130µg, would this be a fair conclusion?

Btw, for future reference, how am i supposed to take more LSD than say, 150µg using blotters? Would i have to sublingually take them at the same time or after eachother?

You can eat them all at once. Dealers often give hyped up doses because they want you to think they're stuff is the bees knees. I ignore what dealers say and just start with one blotter and work my way up to get a feel for the sheet (but I only buy bulk). On average blotters that get tested for dosage by legitimate agencies often come up 60-100ug. And honestly, there's no 100% certainty even if the guy laid them himself that they were dosed evenly, always room for error. My point is, there's absolutely no point in an illicit drug climate to care what ug are on them, because you can never truly know. Starting low and working your way up is your best bet to get a feel for how strong they really are.

You can eat LSD, you don't have to sublingual it. I hate the whole paper in my mouth feeling so I always just swallow them now. LSD has very high oral bio-availability.

If you're unsure just drop half and wait an hour or so and see how you feel.
If your blotter has any sort of weird taste or bitterness to them spit it out as it's likely not real lsd...

I did 200 for my first time, I was on my own in my house. Figured I'd jump at the deep end and either love it or hate it. Not that I'm recommending the same for you. But I absolutely loved it, to the point where my second trip was 300 and I got synaesthesia. As for dealers hyping you up, that's often the case, but last time I bought LSD from my guy he said they were 120's and I'm pretty sure they were actually 135 or more, subtle difference but you can tell it.

First i'd be interested in making it an experience i won't forget (not some bs partycrap), and i'd be quite fine with taking a bit higher dosage that recommended for beginners. Please take into consideration that i'd enjoy Datura or Salvia.

You'll be ready for LSD when you no longer project unfounded expectations onto things you've never tried. No dose of LSD is "bs partycrap." Everyone who takes LSD is adventurous and wants to have an unforgettable experience. The recommended beginner dose is what it is for good reason. Saying "i'd enjoy Datura" is just silly in general. You might like Salvia but most people don't. Sorry to be blunt, but I'm speaking from a lot of experience with LSD and Salvia, and I'm not foolish enough to try Datura.

Erowid has a great dose guide for LSD: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml

Start with 100 micrograms.

Last edited:
100 actual µg is on the high side for a first time - it's just that most advertised microgrammage is a lie for marketing. There is no real reason why you would need the first time to be dosed high (though 100 µg if actually that dose which is always doubtful until lab tested, should be manageable for most people if the set and setting are right but that certainly does not mean necessary to have a decent first trip or ideal). It can be plenty meaningful and special at say 60 µg - which is what seems to be described by people thinking it is 100 since lab testing is not that common - and it is much smarter to give yourself every chance to comfortably ride the experience and savor it. Later times you will always have the opportunity to 'trip hard', it is a mistake to think that more is better and that you will only have one window for it to be impressive.
It's actually not that appealing to dive into the deep end before you even have a clue what the dose response curve for a drug is like.. if you're still learning to swim there is no point in spending a lot of energy in managing it. There is no such thing as a wasted opportunity. Titrate your dosage by learning how you respond, so that you can gauge and choose the proper dosage that much faster to get from it what you want. It's not some toy, be mature and patient. It would be a shame if you are hasty and hubrous about it and kind of ruin your 'relationship' or trust you build with it. You are not the first one to trip so take some advice from e.g. clocktower.

This has nothing to do with you being fearless or having any of those other qualities, it's about it being wrong that you should take as much as you think you can handle, especially with no experience with psychedelics.

That said, it is difficult to say how much to take of that blotter you have since it is still kind of guessing how strong it is. I think I wouldn't go higher than 2/3 of that if it were me.

P.S. body weight isn't much of a factor.

Last edited:
I echo soplipsis. Take one tab, no more. As you've never taken it before, the novelty alone will contribute to a memorable trip. You should be in awe even on one tab for your first dose as you fully experience the psychedelic realm for the first time.

The first trip is the most special and should be the most memorable. Don't spoil it by shooting too high for your first experience.

The first one I ever had was a hit of paper with a € sign on it, more amateuristic than I have ever seen any hit after that... it was simply bunk. The one after that worked just fine... it was not a dose high enough to bust my balls completely but it was nice and active which is all you need at that point... I got synaesthesia, the weirdest exclamations recorded by my dad, it was one of the most special trips of all for sure, but it was not because I aimed high but because I didn't get myself worked up by expectations too much and my set and setting were amazing since my dad was tripsitting me and he is the coolest dude.

Anyway when I was less experienced I made plenty of the same mistakes I see being made around.... mostly because of assumptions made or ideas about having to prove or achieve something. Later on, pushing the limits were part of my own difficult way of learning how to deal with mushrooms and LSD... but apart from that mostly I learned about getting punished for not being patient or humble.