Mental Health Been put on anti depressant citalopam

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Citalopeam or citalopam one of them lol been put on ten mg every morning in adjunct to lamotrogine 175mg and quetiapine 200mg extended release.
My doctor says it's not sedating and been ages since been on anti depressant and tbh I remember doing more when I was on anti depressants.
I also read lexapro esciralopram stops quetiapine agitation in morning would this be true for what I am taking

Is it lexapro your talking about?
***mod edit - please don't advise others to take or not take drugs of any kind***
It gave me nosebleeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it lexapro your talking about?
***edit***
It gave me nosebleeds.

Pretty sure you're not supposed to advise people to not take their prescribed medication here. Everyone is different, and just because something didn't work for one person or they had bad side effects doesn't mean everyone will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be on citalopram but recently weaned off and switched to cymbalta. I found citalopram never helped enough, like they had to put me on abilify to boost the citalopram because my depression and anxiety persisted. But that's just me, everyone is different.

Yeah lexapro is esciralopram si bit stronger. Only had it two days no side effects whereas I would feel an effect off mirtazapine or amitriptyline
It's in ad junct with my antipsychotic my doctor has recommended a weak anti depressant to counteract something we'll it's not a weak anti depressant hutnits not super strong like effexor which sent me loooym
Still would rather have buprooin I felt normal in that and I cut down from cigs

I see psychiatrist in a month I will report back in a week of how I am feeling.
I also bought some CBD could only afford the weak one but twenty mg helped earlier in last co hi like weeks j stuck to my morphine dose except one day I missed out eighty mg cos I took forty mg methadone and tbh I was wrecked at the point ATM where twenty mg sublingual slash orally and twenty mg rectally gave me a decent buzz