Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Been awhile.. Seeking advice for next time

Makena.str

Greenlighter
Hi:)

Its been quite some time since ive taken mdma. Almost a year. I used to take .1 and an hr later take another .5
I am planning to do it again soon but i wanted some advice first...

Coming up was always super rough for me. I would experience an intense panic attack. The feeling id get wouldnt have been so bad if i could actually think straight. Last time i just felt really wrong and didnt know what to do so i got in the shower which i found out later i had cranked all the way down. That kinda freaked me out. Luckily i had my friend talk me down and explain that this happens everytime and im fine which calmed me.

Is feeling panic on the come up something to be concerned about as far as safety? And is it normal for temperature gaging to become distorted while having a panic attack? And if not does anyone have some suggestions to help ease the come up? I appreciate your responses:)

.6 is an extremely high dose. Like with many psychoactive drugs, it is all about set and setting.

Before you take it again please get a test kit. Weigh out 100-120mg for your first dose and about 80mg for your second 45-60min later.

Idk what's best but I've heard ~2 beers on the comeup can help anxiety, or weed.

I don't really understand anxiety on the comeup, I just get super excited for what's to come.

It's normal for body temperature to fluctuate during a roll.

Sometimes I get the come up anxiety. Usually if I'm only taking it with one person. If I take it with a bunch of people I don't notice it. But I find laying down and waiting works best. Just shut off into your own little world and before you know it you're going to yawn and stand up with a shit eating grin across your face.

The key is really to keep busy when you're coming up. Forget that you took anything and the anxiety goes away. I've panicked myself into not even rolling before because I was so full of anticipation anxiety. The mind is a powerful thing. I find that a difficult video game is the best distraction when you're coming up in a low key environment and socializing (unless that makes you anxious by itself obviously) is best for a night out.

I've definetly feel anxiety while I'm coming up. Especially if I'm at a SUPER crowded event. I've asked for help here on BL and like many have suggested are some good ways to control this. I don't have much more to add but just wanted to let you know your not alone my friend

IME, I have dealt with a few users who would actually have a "panic attack" on their come-up. I have experienced some intense "flutters" and/or anctious sensation during a come-up, but it's always in a positive manner, like being excited before walking into a favorite dj's concert or something.... And you say that the anxiety is stronger around large crowds? Maybe you have a mild, mental discomfort with being in large crowds already, and the chemicals just intensify the anxiety...

I have had friends who would keep taking E for a while, but would decide that they are not able to handle the negative side-effects, or that, what positive effects they have during their experience, just isn't worth the negative of... When people tell me things like this, or it's apparent that they are not comfortable, I say :!DUDE! Just stop taking MDMA!!!(easier said than done, right?) But, if you have to do something, there are quite a few other recreational chems which may be more safe or enjoyable for the individuals themselves, like GHB or Ketamine... MDMA can be an absolute euphoric heaven for some(me lol), but it's just not for everyone. The real challenge with being a chem user, is knowing your personal limitations and realizing when a particular substance is getting the best of you, no matter how much you "think" you enjoy it!.... I hope this helps, Makena!

;)Goodluck!!

Ya, come up anxiety is the rule more than the exception. Almost a decade after my first dose and I still get it. Your dose seems good. I find the best thing after swallowing is to keep busy; keep your mind occupied, but nothing stressful. Eventually it starts kicking in and you don't have much choice, it's best to take a break from whatever you were doing and not try to keep busy and focused, fighting the drug.
At that point it begins working on my guts and sends whatever is up in my intenstines further down and the come-up bathroom stop is in order. This is such a common experience it's known as the "come-up shit" hehe. Sorry for description, just being truthful. After doing the business the tendency is to feel relieved.
By now the come-up usually not done, best is to just lie down, relax, and let it all come over you. Good music can help this along, quiet breathing can be just as good, just depends what you're feeling.

First thanks for all your input! Wanted to let everyone know my experience went well! I decided on bumping it since my experience is that the come up period is much quicker. I also drank a little before. It was incredible!! I also kept busy beforehand. Im looking forward to next time!:) which im thinking the amount of time i waited also helped:) do any of you know how the stuff i have will last?

First thanks for all your input! Wanted to let everyone know my experience went well! I decided on bumping it since my experience is that the come up period is much quicker. I also drank a little before. It was incredible!! I also kept busy beforehand. Im looking forward to next time!:) which im thinking the amount of time i waited also helped:) do any of you know how the stuff i have will last?

MDMA will remain stable for 1000's of years providing it's in a dry room, so don't worry about that! I always get a bit of comeup anxiety these days and all these suggestions are good. The main time I notice the anxiety is when I come out of the setting and aren't busy dancing away or something. It's really important to keep busy and make sure that you don't have to move anywhere. I remember once at a festival I was coming up and decided to swap tents during the comeup. As soon as I left the tent I couldn't think straight and kept walking in circles trying to find the tent I wanted. I began to panic because I felt all weird. It wasn't until I got into the tent and relaxed for a good 10-15 mins that I finally began to enjoy it. So yeah, make sure you time the comeup appropriately. Few beers is often helpful too, just not too many. Anything that keeps your mind busy and relaxed is the best. The good thing is it never tends to last longer than typically 5-10minutes, so you just gotta ride it out.

That is awesome news!! I thought it might expire. So thanks:) and yeah the only thing thats going to be different next time is that i wanna experience it alone. Id stll have my roommate in my house for safety and in case i feel like talking. Which usually doesnt happen to me but there have been times i have stuff to say! Thanks again for the advice:)

Why you want to take it alone? I feel that rolling with people who are also on MDMA is the most euphoric. Being the only one who is rolling in a group is good but not that great, and cant think how it would be better alone (maybe if you dose so high that youre floored) but its an extremely social drug.

I wanna just lay back and enjoy the music and feelings.. Ive rolled with friends and uaually they want to talk so i end up listening and feel like im unable to get out what i want to say. Its kinda like when i take mdma i become less social. When sober im super social. Idk you could be right about that.. And if i wasnt afraid of getting in trouble or afraid of having a hard time around a boatload of people, id peobably take it and go to a show.