Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bee Pollen after a night rolling

medievil2003

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while now, starting from my first time being concerned about taking any type of drug, i was to a certain extent happy that reading all the stories on here that i was able to be aware of things to do / not do.

Anyway, i just wanted to share a tip which works well for me to try and avoid a come down. When i first started taking, i had the most horrible comedowns, feeling depressed, anxious and so on. But by accident whilst i started going down the gym, i went to shop in holland & barret and liked the look of a supplement called "Royal Jelly", after a night out on mdma, i'lld wake up after a good 8 hours sleep, ate well then took 2 of those capsules per day, i have not felt any comedown since.

Then, when the capsules run out, i go back down to Holland & Barret and they didnt have any of those royal jelly capsules in stock, so i switched the more expensive alternative, Bee Pollen. I take one of those per day with a meal, and when i want to go out on a heavy night i have virtually no come down.

Now, forgive my ignorance here but if my research is correct i believe serotonin levels are regenerated naturally by Amino Acids? Looking more into the Bee Pollen i found that its extremely high in those Amino acids and many other benefits, i was wondering if anyone had any insight to this? I mean i could be that type of person to not have a comedown but from the experience i had before taking the Royal Jelly & bee pollen makes me think it does actually help.

I enjoyed a lovely solo role last night!

P.S. I have tested the pills and its good.

I hope this may be of some help to someone, i look forward to hearing your feedback.

Hey medievil, welcome to bluelight-membership =D
Before I make any conclusions regarding this (I'm doing some research as before today I never even heard of bee pollen) I was wondering if you are into the habit of testing your MDMA with a testkit? I ask this because I find the following statement to be quite alarming:
When i first started taking, i had the most horrible comedowns, feeling depressed, anxious and so on.
This is not normal in my opinion. For your first few times on tested MDMA in normal doses with long enough breaks in between you shouldn't have a horrible comedown, on the contrary, you should have an afterglow and feel great. So I was wondering if the change from harsh comedowns to no comedowns could be because you are getting pure MDMA now, while you were ingesting cut product in the beginning? This is a genuine question, personally I don't know anyone that had a bad hangover for their first few times on tested MDMA. But everyone is different so you could be an exception, that's why I ask

Hey Bluebull, thanks for the warm welcome!

I am in the habit of testing now yes, when i first took it i had an amazing after glow which i forgot to mention! but it was about a week after i felt those symptoms but thinking back to it now, it could have been several reasons due to tough times at home etc...The source of the pills were trusted but i know thats not enough!

The pill then changed to another name, i had minor comedowns after a few rolls on it but i think it may have been stronger (had a "smack out" session from just 2 pills, i think thats the correct terminology?) & i am still taking the same, but now with nothing but proper afterglow and full concentration on work, hopefully thanks to the bee pollen.

I think you may be right about the cut products at first, i say this because i and mates on the same, were full of energy and didnt want to stop dancing (i know thats what its supposed to do) but since they changed over to these ones, i am far more chilled out and prefer just to have a 30 minute dance and then just sit in the club or at home listening to music & watching the lights. Which i believe is a good sign of it being a purer MDMA?

Thanks.

So I was wondering if the change from harsh comedowns to no comedowns could be because you are getting pure MDMA now, while you were ingesting cut product in the beginning?

This is a critical point. It's certainly unusual for the first times to cause bad comedowns, but not impossible.

Now, forgive my ignorance here but if my research is correct i believe serotonin levels are regenerated naturally by Amino Acids?

Well, it involves a metabolic pathway which uses amino acids.

Looking more into the Bee Pollen i found that its extremely high in those Amino acids and many other benefits, i was wondering if anyone had any insight to this?

MDMA inhibits the production of tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) for sustained periods of time. TPH turns L-tryptophan (the amino acid) into 5-HTP which is then converted to serotonin. The reason I don't believe your theory is because bee pollen is only high in L-tryptophan, but this won't be converted to serotonin without TPH. Effectively you could eat tons and tons of the stuff, but because TPH is inhibited after MDMA, you wouldn't increase the actual amount of serotonin in the brain. There's loads of other reasons why simply eating foods doesn't usually drastically increase stores of neurotransmitters as well.

Sugar and carbs - great on a come down. I personally would not suggest that somebody takes a short cut and pops a pill for this - just eat something.

Now, forgive my ignorance here but if my research is correct i believe serotonin levels are regenerated naturally by Amino Acids? Looking more into the Bee Pollen i found that its extremely high in those Amino acids and many other benefits, i was wondering if anyone had any insight to this? I mean i could be that type of person to not have a comedown but from the experience i had before taking the Royal Jelly & bee pollen makes me think it does actually help.

the amino acid in question is tryptophan. uptake of tryptophan depends also on competetion by other amino acids, so you'll want foods high in tryptophan and low in valine, leucine and isoleucine. another factor is that foods rich in carbohydrates help the transport of tryptophan into the brain by directing the competing amino acids into muscle.

so i've looked up the amino acid composition of bee pollen and with respect to ratio of tryptophan to the others, i've found it to be quite similar to pork chops. when you adjust for the total protein content, then eating pork with around double the weight of the amount of bee pollen should have the same effect. given that you typically eat a lot more meat and usually combine it with carbohydrate sources in a meal, the effect of the bee pollen should be negligible in comparison.
that is if its qualities as a source of nutritions really is the reason here, but i doubt that. it could be differences in quality of your mdma, differences in getting rest after the roll, staying better hydrated or even placebo (which is a powerful effect, and if it works, you can still put it to good use) or a number of other reasons...