• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bears In Russia Are Addicted To Jet Fuel, Sniff It To Get High And Pass Out

Bluelight Crew
http://elitedaily.com/elite/2013/bears-russia-addicted-jet-fuel-sniff-high-pass/

article-2294757-18BA4750000005DC-355_634x398-485x304.jpg

These brown bears in Russia’s far east have developed a habit of sniffing discarded barrels formerly filled with aviation fuel until they pass out.

The containers were left in the Kronotsky Nature Reserve and the nearby creatures picked on their strong smell of kerosene and gasoline.

The animals love this smell so much that they have begun deeply inhaling the fumes for minutes at a time before digging shallow holes for themselves to lie in once they’ve achieved their desired state.

These bears are suspected to be of the largest brown bears in the world, weighing 1,200 pounds. The fuel is used to power generators and helicopters used by nature reserve workers.

Photos were taken by Igor Shpilenok, 52, who spent seven months documenting this specific community of bears.

Igor said that some of the bears have become so addicted to these barrels that they stalk deporting helicopters, waiting for them to take off and leave drops of fuel into the hard soil for them to sniff.

http://elitedaily.com/elite/2013/bears-russia-addicted-jet-fuel-sniff-high-pass/

Don't bears know getting high is illegal? 8)

I'm a patriotic American, so I will defend the right to arm bears even in Russia. But supplying them with drugs? That's crossing the line. :eek:

Seriously tho, very interesting article.

Interesting, i read somewhere that a bear can smell an unopened can of tomato soup burried a foot underground, so they have an amazing sense of smell. I wonder what undertones of the jet fuel they can smell? Its kinda funny, but sad since there is no way it can be good for the bears. In soviet russia bears get high on fumes.

Am I the only one amused by the fact that they dig themselves a mini grave before passing out?

^ No, you aren't! As we can see, even animals like it to get blazed =D

The containers were left in the Kronotsky Nature Reserve and the nearby creatures picked on their strong smell of kerosene and gasoline.
Am I the only one amused by the fact that they dig themselves a mini grave before passing out?

Am I the only one laughing but clearly shaking my head at the fact this is taking place in a nature reserve?!? I mean god damn Russia why go to the trouble of protecting land if your going to throw fuckin' trash in it? Especially trash like empty fuel containers! 8(

Russians really take it to the next level, rotting homebaked morphine substitutes and the wild life getting high on bloody jet fuel. Screw Reindeer and their mushrooms :p

Someone should give the bears some good old fashioned cannabis to quench their desire to get high. Or some vodka.
They would be far healthier for it.

Wouldn't the smell of the kerosene make it very hard for bears to hunt? If they could be smelt a mile off and what not.

^I'm sure they're able to isolate and ignore odours much better than we are, in the same vein as dogs.

^lol dude, maybe its my low alcohol tolerance, but you crack me up.

Before you know it we'll need a Bluelight forum for addicted bears who need rehab.

We'll call it Bearlight forums