• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids "BeadTek"

agf

Greenlighter
So my neurosurgeon prescribed me this newly released (and even more newly reformulated) Zohydro ER, 40mg 2x/day. I'm curious about the new "BeadTek" abuse-protection. The meds come in a capsule filled with little balls that look very much like Adderall XR. My understanding is that if crushed the hydrocodone gels up as to not be injectable.

From a practical and/or harm-reduction POV I am wondering if anyone knows anything about or has any experience with this stuff in terms of defeating it. Thoughts?

I believe hydrocodone is similar to codeine in that it can cause fatal results if injected due to histamine release. I'd be very sure this is not the case if you do figure out how to do a ''proper'' extraction of these pills. (I also cannot advise shooting anything that starts out in the form of beads in a capsule unless you have access to a skilled chemist with the proper equipment.)

I wonder even if they gel-up, would crushing the beads be a more effective way to take them orally. pulmonary edema could be a band name.

Why would you really need to? Its not like you can snort/shoot hydro anyways, might as well pop 5-6 of them bad boys, be a little patient, and stay high for a long while instead of redosing.

kidcody said:
Anyone figure out how to beat the beadtek and make zohydro become ir.

Let them soak overnight in a smallish amount of water?

I mean, the PEG forms a gel, not a brick; your stomach being a generally aqueous kind of place, the drug still needs to diffuse out. This has been mentioned before, and might be violating the spirit of harm reduction, but I think it's funny how the FDA and drug makers overlooked the biggest deterrent of all: requiring patience.

I'm not really sure if this works for hydrocodone but could OP administer the pills rectally for the stronger desired effect?

In the spirit of keeping them from putting it in their arm.