• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bath salts more addictive than meth

MDPV may be more addictive than methamphetamine, but its high is inferior to meth's. a-PVP, on the other hand, is fairly awesome.

A-PVP can't compare to meth at all. Neither can MDPV. It's half-life may be half as long as meth's, but the actual high is about 1/12 as long. They didn't have to pull the meth lever as often because it was more satisfying.

Yo he was doing the curly shuffle for a minute. Ya gas station crack salt, sounds great. That kid lucky he ran into some nice people trying to help after he almost kill and wreck the whole yard. Dont crash into my yard, just a fair warning, you might die from the salts.

A 40% reduction(last I heard) in available grant and research funds, and this is what it's being used for?

This 'bath salt' shit needs to stop, it means less than nothing to use that term.

If you do Research stims and live in an area where you can't get meth, God bless you....but don't tell me you've done meth and prefer MDPV! Or that MDPV doesn't make people crazy! Saying MDPV isn't addictive and causes psychosis is like saying Tequila doesn't get you drunk...If you're not addicted and crazy and your weighing out 10mg bumps, good for you...but lets call a spade a spade here!

If you do Research stims and live in an area where you can't get meth, God bless you....but don't tell me you've done meth and prefer MDPV! Or that MDPV doesn't make people crazy! Saying MDPV isn't addictive and causes psychosis is like saying Tequila doesn't get you drunk...If you're not addicted and crazy and your weighing out 10mg bumps, good for you...but lets call a spade a spade here!

Well I've did MDPV and meth and didn't find MDPV addicting at all... meth however. That's a treat. Still not extremely addictive because of the cognitive dissonance that comes with the abuse of something like that... maybe I'll get to a point in my life where the buzz from some drug cancels out all that cognitive dissonance, but until then I can't justify being an addict to anything but pot.

I have used MDPV daily for both recreation and performance enhancement for two years. Why? Because it costs 20-30 times less than amphetamines cost [I'd be up shit's creek sans paddle if amphetamines were the only NDRIs worth a damn for going from cant even stand up tired to slept-10-hours-on-a-feather-bed alertness in about a minute. I find that its most dangerous and psychological habit forming risk comes from vaporization -- which I did do with it for a time -- and indeed the subjective experience was more intense than the 30-40mg of Dextromethamphetamine I vaporized and inhaled that I got third hand from a compounding pharmacy that makes rare orders for 20, 30, 50mg IR and XR liquid forms and alternate 5mg Desoxyn formulations due to intolerance to binders by some pediatric patients. I have not tried the usual racemic d,l-meth but assume it wouldnt be somehow better than pure dextro isomer meth [which I blew a lot of money to try, and was disappointed -- and when I break the bank to acquire methaqualone powder someday I bet I'll find it a letdown too -- alas I digress.

I understand MDPV is a research chemical, and could be a carcinogen, a neurotoxin, that my nerves and muscle tissue are likely wasting away at times from lack of nutrition. But I am grateful for its existence. I can maintain my addiction to it -- that is reinforced by a lifestyle dependency on it to fulfill obligations that -- if I went through a doctor -- I'd have to become physically dependent on benzos or benzo-like drugs to maintain a normalized sleep pattern. If I try to force sleep sober, I just end up tossing and turning with full consciousness for 8 hours until its 20 minutes away from the deadline to get on the road with the motor skills of a drunk driver due to lack of sleep. So yes, I snort MDPV in just enough of a dose to not significantly impact blood pressure and am able to drive a vehicle as if I had slept. I'm not gonna bullshit and say I got ADHD [and I am not saying most who are diagnosed with ADHD are lying] but lets be honest here -- NDRI drugs are wonderful for those of us who are lucky to be able to not cross over the limit of malnutrition+sleep deprivation modifier that equals psychotic delusions / dysphoric peripheral visuals (something I still have yet to experience, the proverbial shadow people)]

I slept a combined 16 hours a day when I was just an occasional boozer [3-4 drinks a week] and I got fined, arrested, alienated people by being late, missing things, by being unable to get out of bed at an appointed time. When sober, I sleep 8pm for 3 hours, then 6 hours 9am, then the next day it could be i go to bed at 3am for 12 hours, next day I go to bed at 4pm.. I never have and never will again attempt to force somnolence when it arrives -- even with psychostims in my blood [including 2-dpmp]

Its kind of funny... MDPV is Schedule I and amphetamines are Schedule II yet MDPV has the pricing overhead [without of course giving actual numbers] or less than an over the counter Ephedrine based ECA stack supplement. I am guessing the news media FUD and the bad rap MDPV has got due to its potency (yes, you will go psychotic if you snort a line, fat or thin... even with my massive tolerance I still weigh out every bump I snort .. when I dont I become a paranoid mess.)

I would prefer to use either D-amphetamine [d-meth, lisdexamfetamine, or d-amphetamine proper] since it has many years of case studies to back up its longterm use dangers, and I know I could one day become a case study name as that xx age male who got some sort of cancer or osteoperosis from MDPV use ... but its a price im willing to pay to get the benefits of amphetamines without pawning off my blender or getting evicted from my apartment -- which is what would happen if I hadnt lost connection to the compound pharmacy d-meth [levo-amphetamines have HORRID side effects for me, enough where an adderall tablet makes me a mess but a handful of Dexedrines or Desoxyns make me feel a clear focus lacking paranoia, lacking additional sweating, and without punding tendencies and skin crawling sensations... which is what is responsible for the stereotypical behavior of habitual meth users since clandestine amphetamines are racemic.

I think 99% of the news media stories about kids going nuts from MDPV is because they are overdosing, drastically in most cases. Probably snorting more of it than their nasal membranes can even absorb readily --- but just enough to send their panic mode way beyond "feels good, man" to primal level "IM GONNA DIE" Norepinephrine hell.

(I am unable to sleep on a set schedule.. and sometimes must go 3-4 days without sleep to fulfill obligations -- and MDPV allows me to safely operate a car and get obligations done without sleep ... I never push it beyond 48 hours w/o sleep unless there's a non-recreational reason to do so since while I don't see shadows and crap like that, I do feel paranoid and depersonalized and in a surreal Twin Peaks-esque state of mind after about 48 hours -- but can still maintain perfect hand-eye coordination, and appear normal among sober vanillas including straight edge tee-totallers.)

Sidenote... anyone ever been prescribed Pyrovalerone? The Schedule V NDRI that apparently is FDA approved in the US yet I can't find which pharmaceutical company dispenses it, and no pharmacies know about it [I called and asked, as a field inquiry, only 1 out of 3 I called even knew it was a stimulant].

I think MDPV has the potential of being the fentanyl of NDRIs in terms of therapeutic use. Because amphetamines also didnt last long for me - 50mg of Dextrometh taken orally would have me falling asleep after 4-5 hours instead of 1-2 hours if I didnt swallow it. Also MDPV for me is less craving-factor than amphetamines. MDPV is a drug where even if you are taking a huge 100mg dose, taking 105mg can be enough to cause dysphoria vs clear headed 1000 ideas-a-second lightspeed thinking state of mind. But like I said, MDPV is to stimulants what Fentanyl is to CNS analgesics: super potent drugs for those in need of super potent treatment.

I know others who work mid level for Fortune 500 companies who went to MDPV after continued reports and fallout from Cocaine being cut with levamisole before it comes to the US, something that had them seeking alternatives, and settling on MDPV - or a-PVP for the family guy who never even speeds or forgets to put on his seat belt because its the law [its also easier to feel no regrets about being addicted to an unscheduled drug I assume]/

Anyway.... the only mainstream drug that is widely available that is FDA approved is the beta ketone Buproprion .. and I was part of a clinical trial when the Wellbutrin XR formulation was in Phase III [IR was already on the market] and I found that beta ketones, cathinones blow amphetamines out of the water [though Wellbutrin proved to be way too weak -- but worked for a time to keep my appetite suppressed, and allow me to stay awake for more than 12 hours.

And good luck with the nootropics... they are not much cheaper than amphetamines due to mainstream baby boomers clearing them out -- and im talking about the *afinils --- I have seen someone go psychotic from binging off one of the stronger analogs because, much like idiots not weighing pure pharmaceutical powders before ingesting, they gelcap 1.5gram+ doses and wash it down with coffee, and take another with a starbucks latte at lunch and then work through the night.

My point, you cant fix stupid. And I dont say this to mean Im superior. I'm an addict. I only have a degree of control, thanks to MDPV's cheaper-than-brandname-fertilizer pricing and my fascination with pharmacology [you should see whats on my kindle, enough shit to read for 10 lifetimes].

Teens and young adults seem to assume that all white powders should be sniffed in at least one inch length lines - of course one nostril ALWAYS has to be held just like on Miami Vice because TV shows are real. [and MDPV is hygroscopic and sticky like cocaine when stored in a non-sealed environment for months - though lacks the local anesthesic effect of coke unfortunately though has a stink that is different but disgusting in its own right like coke.]

I am unable to sleep on a set schedule.. and sometimes must go 3-4 days without sleep to fulfill obligations -- and MDPV allows me to safely operate a car and get obligations done without sleep ... I never push it beyond 48 hours w/o sleep unless there's a non-recreational reason to do so since while I don't see shadows and crap like that, I do feel paranoid and depersonalized and in a surreal Twin Peaks-esque state of mind after about 48 hours -- but can still maintain perfect hand-eye coordination, and appear normal among sober vanillas including straight edge tee-totallers.)

8o :? 8(

some highs are about the rush.. I would rather bang back coke as opposed to meth because i love the rush of iv coke way better than the prolonged high of meth.

Ya at least coke ends. Meth was too big a committment for me. Never really had that amazing first experience like they all say. Maybe because I was already on 3 other things. Used to do crazy mix ups. Shrooms+opium+meth. Hey I was young didnt really care. If I try that now surely would die or go insane.

^^^ One of the best combos imo is MDMA with a very small dose of Xanax (0.125 to 0.25mg) followed by 15-20mg of Oxycodone about 2 to 4 hours after the MDMA high has begun to subside. Truly amazing feeling.

Edit - Poly-drug use can be risky, and therefore I'm not recommending anyone try the above combo, but if you do please take care.

Last edited:
Ya I second that, the mega mixing for wild youth only. Old timers needs to chill lol. I know a guy in early 40s thats been acting weird, lost 80lbs, threaten to kill all of us "friends". He look/act real weird lately I think he on the salts honestly. No other explanation and I know where he get it. Reading this post just made me realize why this guy flippin lunatic lately. Need to talk him down or beat down whatever works.

Ya I second that, the mega mixing for wild youth only. Old timers needs to chill lol. I know a guy in early 40s thats been acting weird, lost 80lbs, threaten to kill all of us "friends". He look/act real weird lately I think he on the salts honestly. No other explanation and I know where he get it. Reading this post just made me realize why this guy flippin lunatic lately. Need to talk him down or beat down whatever works.

I'd just stay away if I were you. People like that are dangerous.

We used to be cool then he turned into someone else, deff on salts. Then he pull out on my friend. We had him 5 on 1 way out guned. Gave him a pass but he keep coming back starting trouble, won't let it go. Don't want to put him down like wild animal but thats how he coming. Those salts can get you killed. This is nyc wtf you doing on salts lol.

I could believe it. Bath salts are a new, unknown chemical. Methamphetamine has been around for ages, but MDPV is a totally new drug really. It's basically a research chem that is legal and sold at truck stops. Very strange stuff really