• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Basically any amount of alcohol makes me nauseous

The Network

Bluelighter
I haven't really drank at all until maybe 7 or 8 months ago, for a while I'd have a couple rum & cokes every week or two to unwind after a long/stressful day. It's been regular but extremely light since then.

Last week I tried a 40 for the first time, I was having a bad day so I got carried away and drank the whole thing in an hour or two. Still, that's not a lot. Calculated to be equivalent to 3 and a half or so drinks (3.5 beers, wines of glass, etc) later. Not sure how long it was after I stopped drinking, probably half an hour to an hour. I was about to fall asleep and I woke up extremely nauseous, knowing I was going to throw up. I did throw up. I didn't really feel that drunk, and I don't think I was, so I don't believe it to be due to the amount of alcohol.

I've tried drinking a fairly weak drink on two separate occasions. Last night I had a shot or less worth of bourbon mixed with some cola or something (wasn't my choice what to mix it with), and maybe an hour or two later I felt mildly sick. I had been eating. Tonight, I was again eating, and drank just one bottle of smirnoff ice, and currently again am starting to feel mildly sick about an hour later.

What's going on? I'd say alcohol intolerance (that'd suck...) but usually that's a fairly immediate reaction and I think I'd get way sicker from one drink. Any ideas? I have no problem not drinking if that's what needs to happen, I'm moving to Oregon soon anyway ;)

My first thought is the lining of your stomach is irritated from the vomiting on the beer and as it takes time to subside your drinking on the following days keeps it inflamed. Try bland stuff only for a few days and see if it subsides. If the vomiting persists though I'd see a doctor because it could be something else.

I can have a sensitive stomach with some things.

I haven't thrown up since that night I had the 40.

chugging a 40 for anyone can make them sick if you're not an exp drinker
but sounds like you might some allergies to something in the booze
or something is up with your liver

would def ask your doc about this

Seems like alcohol is irritating to your stomach. The drinks you mentioned- bourbon and Smirnoff ice would mess with mine as well. You didn't say what sort of beer you had or what your tolerance is, but maybe next time stick with one glass of light beer. Alcohol might not be for you and that doesn't have to be a bad thing.