• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Basic Methadone Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-15mg

Methadone is a fucking great high first time going into it when i had only a slight opiate tolerance i only took half a 10mg pill

Its so great cuz like it gave me a good energy happy buzz but when i just sat down for a few minutes i would start to nod!

It was so cool haha cuz like u dont even really feel that high but then all of a sudden your noddin out

Just curious about something. When you refer to your tolerance at that time of "slight opiate tolerance", can you give me a refeberence point? Like how many of what type of opiate got you high.

So I checked out this sight.

LINK

It's a little wordy, but pretty informative. According to this physician, the analgesic effect of methadone on last 6 hours on average when still early in treatment. He recommends a q8h dosing. So what I did was take his conversion charts and come up with my own best guess at my equivalent dose. Here's what I came up with:

On a good recreational day for me I'd do about 150mg's of Oxy over a 24 hour period. That produces good euphoric effects with no negative side effects.

The morphine multiplier for oxy is 1.5, so the morphine equivalent is 225mg.

In the range of 90-300mg of morphine a day, the methadone Equianalgesic Dosage Ratio is 8:1.

Dividing the 225mg of moprhine by 8 I get roughly 28mg every 24 hour period. Or, as this physician recommends 10mg q8h.

Thoughts?

Thoughts anyone? Just want to make the right decision here. Should I go ahead and up another 5mg or do I need to wait 24 hours? Thanks in advance for response and please don't burn me for the repeated post. Just trying to be smart about this.

Taking another 5mg wouldn't kill you but like I said before it'll do absolutely nothing to add to the intensity of the high. It can be difficult discovering the sweet spot when it comes to dosing. In regards to your tolerance, I am having a hard time gauging it, because in your first post you talk about taking 20mg of oxy, then you talk about IVing 8md dilaudid, then you say you can take 150mg of oxy in a day. Basically everything I said in this thread was when I was under the impression that 20mg oxy got you high.. If you can take that much in a day or IV dilaudid no problem, your tolerance is higher than I first believed.. Since this is the case you could get away with taking a higher dose, and probably won't feel anything from 10mg.

I'm sorry. I would wait a day or two and take 20-25mg in one dose and see how that effects you.

This thread is from 2011. Also, asking how to get high on methadone goes against harm reduction so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.