• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Basic injection for beginners

LS2011

Greenlighter
Where's the best place to find this kind of info? I looked for a sticky or thread here but I couldn't find anything (newbie). Thanks very much :)

There's shit loads of posts if you use the s search.

There's also video tutorials on YouTube.

My advice as an injector? Don't start. You'll never get away. Even when u do quit you can never get it out your head. I've gone periods where I haven't for 6 months but every fucking day you think about it. The ritual. The rush. Always picturing that successful check of blood and the feeling that follows.
It ruins your veins. I now have hardly any left in my arms. I find myself staring at other peoples veins getting jealous. You'll end up having to hide your arms away because of the bruising and pin marks, track marks etc it's just horrible really. I wish I'd never started it.
Seriously if you were a fiend for drugs before this A WHOLE NEW LEVEL I mean it. It'll make u fiend like never before.
And its hard! Hard as fuck to learn and get right, not miss shots etc, but once u get it down you'll fucking love doing it. Playing doctor. Before you know it you'll be looking for dark places to sit and have a hit. You walk past paces and think hmmm be nice to go have a quick one there. You obsess over it.

What drug you planning on injecting? And why?

IV or IM? More details would be useful since some drugs require extra prepatation

Yes sir you have come to the right place. If you have any specific questions on Safe Injection Practices feel free to post them and I will happily answer. I'm (somewhat) proud to say this is my area of expertise here.

Like morpheus said, provide details as to which drug(s) you are curious about using via IV. There are many different techniques to prep drugs for IV depending on the drug in question.

Welcome to BL and stay safe =)

Mr. Deeds

Yes sir you have come to the right place. If you have any specific questions on Safe Injection Practices feel free to post them and I will happily answer. I'm (somewhat) proud to say this is my area of expertise here.

Like morpheus said, provide details as to which drug(s) you are curious about using via IV. There are many different techniques to prep drugs for IV depending on the drug in question.

Mr. Deeds
i've mainlined but never IM'd myself, id prefer to do so because i kinda don't wana fuckup one day and lose a vein for recreational purposes is the deltoid the best area to go for it?

@Zonxx IM is way easier than IV. And yeah deltoid is easiest imo. Of course not every drug is suitable for IM.
BTW I've lost loads of veins and I'm still alive.
IV is boss. But IM is good too. I'm speaking for ketamine. I've never IMd anything else. Apart from a few shots of sustanon.
You need a bigger thicker needle than what's on a 1ml. If you're in UK ask the exchange for 2 or 2.5ml syringes and the BLUE heads. Orange ones are too thin aswel really and green are too thick. Sorry anyone else I don't know the guage or cc whatever the tech term is.

Take your deltoid as you see it in front of you, divide it in 6 sections (2x3). Choose the closest 2 to you and choose the outside section. Massage for a minute or 2
Wipe with alcohol.
Don't be gentle like when you IV.
JAB it in, about an inch deep, at least, with the flick of the wrist like your throwing a dart. Pull back. This time u WANT to see bubbles. If you see blood obviously you're in a vein so either go for it with normal IV precautions or pull out and go again.
Push the plunger in nice and slowly. Pull out. Apply pressure to the site with something clean.
Massage the muscle again for as long as u want, 5 to 10 mins. Not only will it help the drug spread ill stop it being so sore the next day!
There's no rush involved like IV. For ket IM comes on about as slow as sniffing a line does, 3 to 5 mins before you feel it and its a gradual acceleration to the peak, not 0-100 in 10 seconds like IV does.

I don't think I've missed anything.
Oh yeah, be extra extra double triple careful with the filtering process. Your muscle won't handle little particles of crap like the blood will and you can EASILY get an abcess, you don't want that deep down inside your leg!
Good luck pal!

IM is very simple in comparison to IV, especially if you use your big butt cheeks. I used to IM 1ml Diazepam ampules which I think was 10mg Diazepam. Used to draw 2 of them into the barrel, jab it on the cheek, pull back to make sure that you aren't in the vein then push it down slowly.
I don't think that intramuscular shots of anything that wasn't produced for that purpose in a laboratory is very risky .

IM is very simple in comparison to IV, especially if you use your big butt cheeks. I used to IM 1ml Diazepam ampules which I think was 10mg Diazepam. Used to draw 2 of them into the barrel, jab it on the cheek, pull back to make sure that you aren't in the vein then push it down slowly.
I don't think that intramuscular shots of anything that wasn't produced for that purpose in a laboratory is very risky .
Yeah id say butt is 2nd easiest place to go.
Bet Diaz IM was nice!
Ketamine vials say for IM or IV... But
Your last comment is defo right.
I shouldn't have done Street k crystal/powder cooked back to liquid IM but I did. Vials are mega rare in UK.

IM injections are also inherently more dangerous due to the risk of bacterial infection. When you inject into a vein, the bloodstream dilutes any potentially dangerous concentrations of bacteria. With IM, it is all dumped into one area where it can grow and fester. IM injections should only be attempted with pharmaceutical quality drugs.

Hi everyone and sorry for the late reply. My situation is I have a chronic pain condition and want to try to IV hydromorphone pills. I have an episode only around once a month. It lasts 24-48 hours so it would be great if I could do a butterfly/saline lock type of thing. I see that a few people here on bl have mentioned doing that. I wonder if I should get one of those phlebotomy fake arms to practice on. I have a pretty good idea about basic procedure for filtering, etc. But actual injection is new to me.

Mr. Deeds
Yes sir you have come to the right place...

Mr. Deeds

Thanks very much. I just posted my reply to the thread. Thanks again :)

in germany we got rooms where you can shoot up, get everything and they help when OD. and you can change syringes. helped reduce the drug dead enermous

Hey.:sneaky: I am a Heroin🖤 and Meth💎 IV💉 user. I have messed my arms up pretty bad my veins feel like hard lumps now I have to keep traveling up the vein and some are just hard lumps now with no vein in sight. As you can gather I’ve missed quite a few times nothing major but enough to get that raised warm skin allergic reaction looking thing near injection site and sometimes spread up and done my arm maybe six inches either way. I have trouble hitting my hands and it’s painful so idk if I’m doing something wrong or what? And when I try to hit the veins that are off to the side of my elbow or above more by my muscle it usually gets bruised or swollen or misses a little even tho it’s a fatty vein it must be a soft or rolls like my hands so I can’t really hit there without something shitty happening. I have never shot up in my feet I was gonna try tonight. Is the feet good? I’m too afraid to hit my jugular fuck that lol that’s too epic for me I just like to get in and get out I’m a closet shooter🙈 even tho everyone knows. I shoot in my bathroom🚽 at home🏚 or in public restrooms🚺 when I’m out or my car🚗 unless I’m at a house 🏡 where it’s cool to just whip 🧪💉💥it out so I usually do my shots kinda fast ☄️and the whole lay the needle flat and go up don’t really work anymore I have to go straight down🎢 at an angle to hit because my veins on top are collapsed 〰️ so I have to fish 🎣 for the new veins🔚🔙🔝🔛➿➰〰️that replace the main lines flow. Ugh it’s a big ass hassle. Any advice 🚸🗯💭💬 📢📣🔊🔔⁉️for new sites or just in general?