• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Base - First time in 15 years.

DJStutter

Greenlighter
I used to take base like crazy back in the day.
I spent 2 years hardcore on it, like all I did was take it and DJ.

Finally gave it up after two years and it's been 15 years now. Obv a lot had changed/happened/moved on since.

I'm still into the music though. And when I found out they were doing a local DnB nite, I thought, I ain't been out since way back then, fuck it, I'll get hold of some base to keep me going again.

So went to this DnB nite, danced for 4 hours on nothing but redbull, then when started wavering, took a small amount, just to keep me dancing. Danced 6 hours altogether. Yes, non stop lmao. We got back about 4am, I was still wide awake and buzzing so decided to DJ in my headphones as it was so early still. Got really into it and mixed for 5 hours until 9 am lol.

I had maximum of a 3rd of an 8th of base that night. Was certainly awake and alive, enjoying myself, but not fucked. I don't see a third of an 8th and for just one night as that much. ? I also only took it in little doses to keep me going, not all at once.

I spent Saturday obv chillin out and doing some self care routine, bath, yoga, burger for all the calories burned and slept like a baby Sat night. Didn't feel too bad on the Sunday either, even had another hours boogie around my flat. (Always dancing/raving on my own, love it.)

But then Mon and Tues I've felt BOLLOXED. Like sooo tired? Is this some kind of delayed tiredness?. Didn't expect this from just one night of taking it and not that much of it either. Loads of people end up not sleeping for one night for one reason or another and don't feel like this.

My mate said he thinks it isn't the base itself but what I did on it, 6 hours of dancing and 5 hours of mixing (where I'm still bouncing around.)

What do you guys think? I'm 37 now as well, so maybe I'm too old for this shit lol. I also pulled a back muscle quite badly from that night, so much so, it hurts to breathe unless I take iburofen. So the pain adding to the tiredness as well?

I'm also a body builder and regularly feel great within my body tbh. Fit and healthy. So not used to this fucked feeling at all.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
It's cos you're not used to it anymore and you're pushing 40

It's both the base and your activity levels on it

Your days of low-sufferation after partying like like are over I'm afraid!

It's cos you're not used to it anymore and you're pushing 40

It's both the base and your activity levels on it

Your days of low-sufferation after partying like like are over I'm afraid!
So sad lol, so I can't take it and party anymore? Lol. I was only planning on a once a month thing. So if I took some but only DJed , not danced, it wouldn't hit me as bad? I dunno lol, just seems sad to never do it again. And while I enjoyed the dancing, I enjoyed DJing on it even more. So if I could just take it while DJing sometimes, that would be awesome haha and maybe not hit me as hard? Fuck this growing older bollocks. 😅

Honestly I get less of a comedown when I dance than not. The cardio mixed with coordination of movements to music is huge for neurogenesis, which is said to alleviate depression. Exhaustion is expected to some extent though and that doesn’t get easier.

I’m mid 30’s and just danced all weekend. Started like 8pm Fri until 4am Sat then from 1pm Sat until 7am Sun. Obviously with some chemical help (LSD mostly with some MDMA here n there). 18hrs is now my new record lol.

I’m still exhausted but I can tell today is getting better. I went on a hike, cleaned, not being lazy. But I couldn’t work today. Hoping I’ll be able to tomorrow.

-GC

Honestly I get less of a comedown when I dance than not. The cardio mixed with coordination of movements to music is huge for neurogenesis, which is said to alleviate depression. Exhaustion is expected to some extent though and that doesn’t get easier.

I’m mid 30’s and just danced all weekend. Started like 8pm Fri until 4am Sat then from 1pm Sat until 7am Sun. Obviously with some chemical help (LSD mostly with some MDMA here n there). 18hrs is now my new record lol.

I’m still exhausted but I can tell today is getting better. I went on a hike, cleaned, not being lazy. But I couldn’t work today. Hoping I’ll be able to tomorrow.

-GC
Yeh, I haven't had any like mood downs or depression or anything, just tiredness. The only thing that's bringing my mood down is that I can't get back to the gym! Its my other biggest passion apart from music.

Tried going gym today and body said fuck off. But kept pushing anyway and ofc, reactivated the pulled back muscle. Hurt so much. If I hadn't of pulled that muscle, I'd probably be doing a lot better! I think I might have pulled it trying a space bopper. I got over enthusiastic after seeing a guy make it look easy. Jumped on, went hard and got FLUNG areas the floor, got bruises on my legs from it too.

So even when my energy returns, I've still gotta have a week off from the gym, to let this damn muscle recover. And THATS making me depressed, as the gym is the one place that has really helped me mental health. Now I'm gonna lose gains and strength having to wait around.

But good on you, dunno how you manage all that dancing, haha. 😉

Honestly idk how I did either lol, even in times past I usually only make it max 12hrs, I think my earlier record was 14.

This time I really paced the drugs and tried to do it as “sober” as possible. Before arriving to the first spot which was a pop up at a park with House n Techno at 1pm Sat I had a Bloody Mary to loosen up a bit but also get some decent nutrients in my body. (Where I live it’s customary to have all sorts of food come on top of the blood Mary like olives, cheese, pickles, pickled onion, etc.)

After a couple hours I could feel the energy fading so ate 1/8th a dose of some pretty strong LSD. Continued dancing until about 9pm. Ate as much as I could sporadically throughout. At 9 I passed out in my car for an hour then went over to a club and went hard to some heavy riddim and dubstep bass.

2am we then went out to this group campsite where we set up some decks and I continued on until the sun had fully risen around 7. Mostly some funky hip hop infused DnB these chicks were spinning that had me losing it.

Took some 100mg MDMA before the club and then hit some K around 3am which kept me going.

I think there may be a little MDA in this batch of MDMA based on its duration and effects which may have contributed to my push to keep going.

Sorry had to relive that cuz it was a damn good time :) but yea man if you haven’t been out hittin it hard in many years it can definitely take the body time to adjust. You use muscles that might not get worked often depending what exercises you do.

I actually had to look up what a space bopper was, sounds like it’s more common in UK and EU than the US. Although I do remember seeing them rarely. I could see myself getting fucked up on one of those haha.

-GC

Honestly idk how I did either lol, even in times past I usually only make it max 12hrs, I think my earlier record was 14.

This time I really paced the drugs and tried to do it as “sober” as possible. Before arriving to the first spot which was a pop up at a park with House n Techno at 1pm Sat I had a Bloody Mary to loosen up a bit but also get some decent nutrients in my body. (Where I live it’s customary to have all sorts of food come on top of the blood Mary like olives, cheese, pickles, pickled onion, etc.)

After a couple hours I could feel the energy fading so ate 1/8th a dose of some pretty strong LSD. Continued dancing until about 9pm. Ate as much as I could sporadically throughout. At 9 I passed out in my car for an hour then went over to a club and went hard to some heavy riddim and dubstep bass.

2am we then went out to this group campsite where we set up some decks and I continued on until the sun had fully risen around 7. Mostly some funky hip hop infused DnB these chicks were spinning that had me losing it.

Took some 100mg MDMA before the club and then hit some K around 3am which kept me going.

I think there may be a little MDA in this batch of MDMA based on its duration and effects which may have contributed to my push to keep going.

Sorry had to relive that cuz it was a damn good time :) but yea man if you haven’t been out hittin it hard in many years it can definitely take the body time to adjust. You use muscles that might not get worked often depending what exercises you do.

I actually had to look up what a space bopper was, sounds like it’s more common in UK and EU than the US. Although I do remember seeing them rarely. I could see myself getting fucked up on one of those haha.

-GC
Sounds like an AMAZING time. I haven't done Mdma since back then either and is on my list to try again. 😁

Yeh, I had such a good time on the Friday night. The dancing for 6 hours was amazing but the DJing on base I enjoyed even more. I feel like I'd happily drop a bomb and just mix all night. Wish I had made it to have slots in clubs, not just at home on my own like a loser lol.

Ohh haha, I just re-checked the name and I meant to say Space Hopper not Bopper lol. But yeh, I injured myself a gudden lol.

I paced myself too. I didn't actually drop any until I'd already been dancing for 4 hours lmao.

That night was soo good, its made me go into a philosophical place, not in a sad way, but like questioning, what am I alive for? What do I want out of life?
(To take base and DJ LMAO)
Haha, dunno really, but it does make you think what are we alive for.
(I don't have a job or kids or any of those responsibilities and etc and dont care to, so...)

Sounds like an AMAZING time. I haven't done Mdma since back then either and is on my list to try again. 😁

Yeh, I had such a good time on the Friday night. The dancing for 6 hours was amazing but the DJing on base I enjoyed even more. I feel like I'd happily drop a bomb and just mix all night. Wish I had made it to have slots in clubs, not just at home on my own like a loser lol.

Ohh haha, I just re-checked the name and I meant to say Space Hopper not Bopper lol. But yeh, I injured myself a gudden lol.

I paced myself too. I didn't actually drop any until I'd already been dancing for 4 hours lmao.

That night was soo good, its made me go into a philosophical place, not in a sad way, but like questioning, what am I alive for? What do I want out of life?
(To take base and DJ LMAO)
Haha, dunno really, but it does make you think what are we alive for.
(I don't have a job or kids or any of those responsibilities and etc and dont care to, so...)

Ya we do things proper out here, not bad considering we’re a bunch of farm kids all grown up lol.

MDMA is fun but honestly sometimes I wonder if Amphetamine is better for dancing. Like Friday night I got caught up texting a bunch of gushy shit to family and friends and before I knew it 30min had passed. Amphetamine gives me a sharpness and focus that is hard to match.

And how long you been DJ’in? If you start to integrate back into the scene I’m sure it wouldn’t be long before you’re spinning some club night :)

I kinda experienced something similar. I never left the scene but did move away for 5yrs so once I returned I had to rebuild my connections. Idk about where you live, but just to be able to know where all the good events are it takes meeting people and connecting around here.

-GC

Ya we do things proper out here, not bad considering we’re a bunch of farm kids all grown up lol.

MDMA is fun but honestly sometimes I wonder if Amphetamine is better for dancing. Like Friday night I got caught up texting a bunch of gushy shit to family and friends and before I knew it 30min had passed. Amphetamine gives me a sharpness and focus that is hard to match.

And how long you been DJ’in? If you start to integrate back into the scene I’m sure it wouldn’t be long before you’re spinning some club night :)

I kinda experienced something similar. I never left the scene but did move away for 5yrs so once I returned I had to rebuild my connections. Idk about where you live, but just to be able to know where all the good events are it takes meeting people and connecting around here.

-GC
Yeh, I can agree tbh, when I did mdma back in the day, it was fab, but rarther loopy lmao! And especially as I wanna mix a lot, defo appreciate the focus and aliveness mixing on base lol.

Haha well, for me it was a 15 year break, a toxic controlling relationship that went on for 7 years, then last 7 years getting over it, family deaths and a breakdown...

I've also moved since, to the very last place for this sorta scene. Onto a tiny island, full of nature and quiet lol. I love nature and the quiet, but also banging hardcore lmao! 😅

The most exciting thing here is a DnB nite once a month. I feel like I'd have to move to get an oppurtunity, but I don't want to start my life all over again, AGAIN. Lol.

But I will keep thinking on this and see...