• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Barshasha paste- anyone know anything about this?

nick222

Greenlighter
I bought this Indian ayurvedic product Barshasha

E9X71Va

The ingredients list opium as 26.45mg/gram. Container is 60 grams
MJQP4gq

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this- dosing etc.

Considering it also contains contains some other herbals like hyoscyamus niger (nightshade) which I would prefer to avoid, is there any way to isolate the opium content?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a jar of this too. Did you ever consume it or find a way to extract the opium?

Thanks

~25mg per gram is not a lot of opium.. That is means there?s roughly 1.5g opium total in that 60g container. The fact it also contains other psychoactive substances means extraction would be tricky. Even then you?d be looking at such a small yield of poppy alkaloids that you would likely lose a decent amount to the process.

Use the paste as directed and look elsewhere for opium.

-GC

Honestly it really doesn't seem worth the trouble for the total opium present. On top of that, the anticholinergic effect (nightshade) of consuming too much would be punishing if not dangerous. Even if you could find a solid method of extracting the opium, it would be highly unlikely that the final product wouldn't be contaminated to some degree. Sorry Nick, but Welcome to BL none the less :)

🤔 This is the deal on that I get 32mg per 60g equaling 1.920mg of 20% morphine alkaloid content per gram opium. So at the least you get 400mg roughly morphine per jar. For ten bucks a jar that's a steal. I figured a way to isolate the morpine out using calcium hydroxide and ammonia chloride with a magnetic stirrer it's amazing to see sometimes just hoe poor quality control is. I always end up with between 800mg to 2g of morphine.

I purchased some acetic anhydride and I'm making at least an eight ball of pure heroin at a go. For all tolled about forty to fifty bucks. I'm not giving up who I use for my brand. But it is easy.

🤔 This is the deal on that I get 32mg per 60g equaling 1.920mg of 20% morphine alkaloid content per gram opium. So at the least you get 400mg roughly morphine per jar. For ten bucks a jar that's a steal. I figured a way to isolate the morpine out using calcium hydroxide and ammonia chloride with a magnetic stirrer it's amazing to see sometimes just hoe poor quality control is. I always end up with between 800mg to 2g of morphine.

I purchased some acetic anhydride and I'm making at least an eight ball of pure heroin at a go. For all tolled about forty to fifty bucks. I'm not giving up who I use for my brand. But it is easy.
Well, have fun then so.

I had never heard of that stuff before I saw this thread. I just looked it up online, and it doesn't say anything about morphine or opium. Does anybody have a fact sheet type of thing that shows what's in it, or how it's made? All of the websites I found were pretty vague.

I had never heard of that stuff before I saw this thread. I just looked it up online, and it doesn't say anything about morphine or opium. Does anybody have a fact sheet type of thing that shows what's in it, or how it's made? All of the websites I found were pretty vague.
Walmart sells this shit, but no opium. I assume they change the formula in countries where opium is illegal, even in small amounts.

I can't see the pics you linked so I I don't know what you have, but there is indeed a thing called Harshasha, I have done/seen it made in Morroco many times and nobody told me a word about it being ayurvedic medicine, ever It's a decoction from poppy pods to a sticky paste, no opium involved at any step. Also, no serious product would meassure its potency in "opium mg/gram", as opium itself varies widly in potency and has to be meausured in morphine content.
I would be very skeptical about what you have, but for sure that's not opium nor proper harshasha if they sell it at a store

Walmart sells this shit, but no opium. I assume they change the formula in countries where opium is illegal, even in small amounts.
It really depends on the brand. Here in India, the names Barshasha and Kamini Vidrawan Ras are "recipes" or formulas rather than brand names. Due to a lot of bad press and restrictions especially in the Southern States, some manufacturers (eg. Lama) choose to remove the opium content from the formula.

Barshasha is approx 698mg / 25grams of opium whereas Kamini Vidrawan Ras contains approx 32mg of Opium in 100mg. Some of the pellets are 100mg and some are 500mg. It's a fair bit of opium but again, it also depends on the brand. Multani is a company that exports their tablets to Western countries and the content of opium is 30mg/100mg. Baidyanath sells the same thing but their domestic brand has 80mg/100mg. The same product that they export to the west, contains no opium.

Generally people who use opium recreationally, start with Barshasha before progressing to Kamini.

One other significant thing to note, and this applies to any Ayurvedic or other herbal product from India is that if you notice specific words in the name/formula like Ras or Bhasm(a), you should be aware of what it means:

Ras - Refers to Rasa Shastra or the practice of adding heavy metals to the medicine. It undergoes a lengthy purification process (Shodhana) and proponents claim that this makes it safe. I reserve my opinion on that. The heavy metal used in Kamini Vidrawan Ras is Cinnabar or Red Sulphide of Mercury. It would be listed in the ingredients as Sudh Hingul (purified/refined Mercury) and Gandhak (Sulphur)

Bhasma - Same as above but refers to metals like Gold, Silver etc.