• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Baraka/Samsara and the like

blazemore

Greenlighter
I've thoroughly enjoyed Baraka and Samsara, particularly on acid, and I'm wondering what other films in the same vein I should seek out next.

Also, first post, woo!

I haven't seen it yet myself, but Koyaanisqatsi is often mentioned in relation to both films (Ron Fricke, who directed Baraka and Samsara, was responsible for cinematography in Koyaanisqatsi). It's actually the first part of a trilogy, so if you like it, you'll have two more.

greetings, welcome to the forum.

yea, what mandark said is what you are looking for.

godfrey reggio's latest "visitors" i'd also recommend. www.visitorsfilm.com

bonus, qatsi trilogy and visitors are all scored by philip glass. the visuals and music compliment each other so well.

at the risk of being labelled a stoner, try this.

you have, i am sure, heard of people watching 'the wizard of oz' while listening to 'the dark side of the moon' with interesting results.

well, my friends and i occasionally do the same with koyaanisqatsi and the moby album 'i like to score'. if you start the cd just as the red letters appear on screen, it makes a really nice alternative soundtrack to the movie.

the original soundtrack is, for sure, wonderful.

alasdair

2001: A Space Odyssey has a well-deserved reputation as a "head" film, and not just for the light show at the end. If you dig music, you'll love how this film flows with ideas instead of narratives.