Banned for 2 days for no reason - no explanation given - how the hell do I "learn" from that?

c97521d9

Bluelighter
It was something, not specified, in the AusDD forum a few days ago.48 hours ban.

From what i have seen on bluelight you must have broken a rule. They don't ban for no reason

Apologies OP. I can see it was given by @andyturbo. Andy, can you please explain what prompted you to give this user a 48 hour timeout, or was it a mistake? I can't see anything in his/her posting history that would indicate a need to silence this user?

Apologies OP. I can see it was given by @andyturbo. Andy, can you please explain what prompted you to give this user a 48 hour timeout, or was it a mistake? I can't see anything in his/her posting history that would indicate a need to silence this user?
Appreciate the level head, I'm moderated several similar forums in the past, and for the life of my just can't see what went wrong. Mystery is killing me

Part of our welcome policy is everyone gets a ban. You just got yours earlier than most. Takes the sting out of it for when it happens for real, or for when one of the staff is on a bender.

J/K, we'll get an answer for you.

Part of our welcome policy is everyone gets a ban. You just got yours earlier than most. Takes the sting out of it for when it happens for real, or for when one of the staff is on a bender.

J/K, we'll get an answer for you.
Won't lie, Iol'd.
I have have done similar things whilst modding other places

I've not heard anything from Andy yet but I know he's normally a pretty easy going guy and can only assume this was given mistakenly @c97521d9 So I'm going to reverse it and remove it from your account.

I'm really sorry this happened mate, and appreciate how frustrating it must feel to be blocked for no reason :confused: If something like this happens again, please feel free to reach out to any of the senior staff or admins via PM (the conversations system), or send an email to: [email protected] so we can address the issue immediately and not leave you hanging around.

I hope this doesn't dampen your enthusiasm for getting involved here too much. While it's true I'm a miserable asshole, the rest are actually a pretty friendly bunch when not high and tripping the wrong buttons :)

Take care,
CFC

Maybe it's your avatar,Hmmm. :giggle: Just kidding. You should try one that says FBI or some other three letter agency :).

He will let you know, but something transpired where you did something that he perceived violated something, or hangover, etc. Ride it out. You'll make it.

LOL.

I figured I'd be a patriot, and go for the best border control ever to patrol a border/wall

I'm not too concerned about the ban, shit happens.

Maybe because your a newer user lol idk

That's quite interesting. I thought that kind of thing only happened at Wikipedia, eg the drawbridge crowd beleaguering the newer folks and badgering newer contributors, ostensibly to prevent what they interpret as encroachment on their turf -- marking their territory with piss containing benzodiazepines and the like a dog, a cat, a wolf, a potto, a civet or what have you . . . well, the marking, not necessarily the content, unless an animal breaks into a pharmacy or whatever. A lot of animals do respond to benzodiazepines, ranging from minor muscle spasms to one ultra-potent benzodiazepine plus an open chain synthetic narcotic coming in a proprietary mixture for euthanasia of dogs, cats, ferrets, chickens and more . . .

Last edited:
Hey everyone sorry ive been away for the past two weeks. The infraction was given without any points as I felt that was the best option.

c97521d9 mate I'm sorry you have been trying to contact me for clarification. I had a family emergency take place and have been inactive.

I have explained everything in the pm conversation for you buddy. As CFC mentioned I am far from a donald trump mod lol this was my first time infracting someone. I opted too use it in a minimum way so as not to have any permanent points. The 2 days I thought was suitable to give you time to read and understand our BLUA and how posts that are clearly against harm reduction (and in this case could be harmful) too the community.

Please see the pm for further details. I have put the situation to my senior moderator for overview, and also to CFC to get feedback as I can tell your a bit upset. I still stand by my decision and wish no hard feelings. Pending review, if I made a wrong decision then I will gladly and humbly apologize to you.

We get no satisfaction from doing these. And I am a relatively new moderator so I expect if I was out of line I will learn from this. I look forward too your future imput on bluelight.

Cheers
Andy