• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Policy Ban on vape juice

Calls for legislation, and voted to ban, are two completely different things.

There's actually no bill discussed in the article you referenced.

I explained exactly the situation that happened in Ohio. The ban on flavored tobacco products was enacted by the Columbus city council.

The only thing that Governor DeWine did was veto the law that gives that power only to the state legislature, which over road his veto. So the Columbus city council enacted ban is voided.

Governor DeWine enacted no law that bans flavored or unflavored vape juice.
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Stupid snatch and grab titles but it was started from conversations with people I work for and that’s what they told me and I mean we are in the business so I assumed my senior leadership would know but apparently not. Only reason I didn’t dig deeper. I was more shocked and yeah a little angry because I like my flavored tobacco.

All in all, all politicians are corrupt in my eyes but I hate blanket statements so perhaps he’s on Tempe up n up but I will say I was happy with the weed laws passing and how he out law in place to prevent children rushing into GRS.

This was mainly intended to be a post angry about the law not the politician but I fucked that yo with the title then it turned into a pissing contest and I really just want to delete it but then it looks like I’m hiding something so I’m going to leave it up but I just hate stirring the pot and my stoned ass did that here unintentionally and then I hit sucked into it myself.

Anyway. Yeah I agree with you and thanks for clearing up the misinformation

This is racism, if black people prefer menthol cigarettes, so what. Ok now they will smoke non menthol. This whole thing with flavored tobacco and vaping, while so many larger problems exist, is just these too bit lying scumbag politicians trying to justify and make it look like they are doing their jobs.
Man you were really on the point there but somehow managed to miss it. You were correct it is racist in the name of fighting racism, pure fucking Orwellian double speak, in the sense that you just made evident. There is not anyone in the African American community or the wider community shouting about how much Newports are destroying the family or community. Or, (also through personal experience) how delicious a Newport can be. There are black people that enjoy menthol despite its health risk and up until this point everyone has been given the choice of menthol or not, equally. They want the government to stay out of thier personal life just like you and I. Supposing that they need or deserve some kind of regulation is the racist part. We have never banned menthol because the risk of the chemical but only to save the black people. Denying grown black adults their brand of choice despite the health implications in the name of saving them, but only them, that is the racism. "Ok now they will smoke non menthol" Your yelling about how its racist and you don't give a fuck if they have access to their cigarette of choice. But then again, menthol might be that fucking bad. Get it off the shelf, in all forms, in the name of the Lord, in this foul year, 2024.

I am smoker, I started in my later 40's, about six months ago. Pot is legal in my state, but cigarettes being banned just sounds ridiculous. People are going to smoke regardless. For whatever reason( I have no idea) menthol cigarettes are more popular among black smokers than whites. I make my own. I buy the filtered tubes, loose tobacco and have a machine that I make them with. People should be free to make their own choices. Banning menthol is just a way to get in and ban tobacco altogether. Control the population. Fuck that. Big Brother doesn't own me.

People are going to smoke regardless. For whatever reason( I have no idea) menthol cigarettes are more popular among black smokers than whites. I make my own. I buy the filtered tubes, loose tobacco and have a machine that I make them with. People should be free to make their own choices.
The tobacco plant was considered the most powerful 'plant teacher' in south american shamanic ethnobotanical beliefs. All plants had associated plant teachers, Ayahuasca being associated with the grandmother, Peyote and San Pedro being associated with the Grandfather, cannabis, coca etc. all had a spiritual essence that they believed we connected with through the use of plant medicines. Nicotine Rustica, the variety of tobacco used in Rapé and Mapacho has a stronger nicotine profile as well as harmala alkaloids present - used frequently in combination with ayahuasca and also in preparation of hunting as it 'grounds" the user and is believed to enhance certain aspects that are beneficial to the associated activities.

I've always thought about how they viewed it as the most powerful plant teacher when we see nicotine being used so commonly without much of an immediate impact - i mean, people smoke cigarettes/vape/whatever and aren't intoxicated by it. That said, no other drug has enslaved humanity more, has manipulated us into its proliferation, across the course of human history, than tobacco.

I do not see it ever being banned outright. The last thing you want is the aftermath of the "nic-fit riots".

Also, why are menthols more popular amongst black people? Marketing, and the resulting acceptance of it leading to pass down from user to user, generation to generation. Menthol is a great way to cover up shitty tasting tobacco, so you sell cheap menthol cigarettes in the hood, it catches on and becomes the norm. Menthol also happens to heavily potentiate the effects of nicotine, thus increasing its addictiveness. Given how associated nicotine is with flavor/smell, it continuous reinforces not only the desire for more tobacco, but for *your brand* of tobacco.

Also, Newports are the most enjoyable cigarette I've ever smoked, hands down. I haven't smoked regularly in more than 12 years, but every once in a while I'll happen to come across a newport and it truly is a delightful experience.
Banning menthol is just a way to get in and ban tobacco altogether. Control the population. Fuck that. Big Brother doesn't own me.
BIg brother may not own you, but big tobacco does!

nicotine is far better than caffeine imo. But i quit smoking and vaping. But its insane how they trying to ban vaping all these fucking squares lol.

Just let people fucking smoke and vape. They pay so much more in tax anyways. And shit i known folk to live to 90's smoking a pack a day

I always thought it wasn't the nicotine but the tobbacco and chemicals. In fact I am pretty sure a doctor told my late father to take all the nicotine he wanted just don't smoke cigarettes.

*warning* it is pretty easy to overdose on nicotine and sounds like shitty way to go.....so dont go seek a pure bag of it or anything lol.

You can make your own vape juice legally and extremely easily.
I've personally never had a nicotine habit, but I've been making nicotine-free vape juice recently.
It's quite fun and it is very easy to do with nicotine, especially if you live in America.