• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Policy Ban on vape juice

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Unreal. Just found out vape is banned now where I live like wtf. Good thing I quit but can’t even get lozenges now with the new ban. Anything that is not tobacco derived is banned or flavored

Can't you just go to a suburb to buy? People on campus were going into grandview and ua to buy menthols, but I think that law may have changed again
Three weeks later, the state Legislature voted to reinstate menthol and other flavored tobacco products — and strip all its cities of their ability to regulate what type of tobacco is sold or enforce who is old enough to buy it. Ohio is just the latest state to limit what local communities can do about tobacco use

This too
Ohio lawmakers voted on January 24 to override Governor Mike DeWine’s (R) veto of a bill that would prevent local governments across the Buckeye State from banning flavored vape and tobacco products. Implementation of this new preemption law means that the flavor ban approved in Columbus, the state capital and Ohio’s largest city, is now overturned in violation of state law

Can't you just go to a suburb to buy? People on campus were going into grandview and ua to buy menthols, but I think that law may have changed again

This too

Yeah they are battking it but it’s still unlawful for the time being. i just started a position that deals heavily with this in the industry. Literalky justs started tho lol…

I actually live kinda near campus.

I know i can go to the suburbs but still pisses me iff i have to drive half an hour when i coild go down the street. And it’s the guise if protecting kids from attractive flavors for kids. But we know what’s up. Tobacco companiesnpaying that lobby fee.

Oh I get it @Snafu in the Void . It’s because the health risks of synthetic tobacco. I could see that because I do get some weird side effects from synth nicotine salts. The nicotine in box mods I don’t tho.

Unreal. Just found out vape is banned now where I live like wtf. Good thing I quit but can’t even get lozenges now with the new ban. Anything that is not tobacco derived is banned or flavored
And your thread title is completely wrong.

Governor DeWine did not ban vape juice. He vetoed a law that would have prevented local governments from banning flavored tobacco products.

That is not the same thing at all.

And your thread title is completely wrong.

Governor DeWine did not ban vape juice. He vetoed a law that would have prevented local governments from banning flavored tobacco products.

That is not the same thing at all.

Just the first thing to pop in google.

This is racism, if black people prefer menthol cigarettes, so what. Ok now they will smoke non menthol. This whole thing with flavored tobacco and vaping, while so many larger problems exist, is just these too bit lying scumbag politicians trying to justify and make it look like they are doing their jobs.

This is racism, if black people prefer menthol cigarettes, so what. Ok now they will smoke non menthol. This whole thing with flavored tobacco and vaping, while so many larger problems exist, is just these too bit lying scumbag politicians trying to justify and make it look like they are doing their jobs.
It’s about money man. I’m sure the tobacco companies are lobbying.

well they ain't doing a very good job, this is about control and politicians avoiding the many real big issues. Also please don't say one thing to me and then talk shit about me on the same subject to another person on the the same topic.
It was a while ago, I forgive, but I don't forget.

well they ain't doing a very good job, this is about control and politicians avoiding the many real big issues. Also please don't say one thing to me and then talk shit about me on the same subject to another person on the the same topic.
It was a while ago, I forgive, but I don't forget.
What are you talking about? I don’t talk shit behind people’s back. I am a real man.

And I think you are the one commenting on my post. Not the sharpest tool in the toolbox eh? I wasn’t going to be a smart ass but you are accusing me publicly of talking shit behind your back. And I am a man. I stand in my own two feet.

See. I don’t need to talk shit behind anyone’s back but sense you accused me of some bullshit I figured I’d show you. I’ll say it here and now to you directly if I have a problem with you. If have an issue and the only issue I have is you accusing me of some bs lies.

I really hate to be the smart ass but you have it coming jumping on me for no reason.

Please do link the post or screenshot the messages id really like to know what the hell you are talking about

And if it’s someone gossiping to you spreading lies then I’d like to know that too. I only talk to a handful of people on here by direct message. And I mean less than 5 so I’d be really surprised if you can come up with anything because it didn’t happen.

Now I don’t have the best memory but I do know myself and I am a man. I’ll tell you to your face.

Edit: I mean are you mad because your conspiracy theory you spouted saying I posted misinformation was disproved with the simplest of google searches? I don’t get it I really don’t.

Now you have a reason to be mad and not like me. There. Enjoy.

Last edited:
A while ago we had a discussion on Religious issues and you turned around and trashed me and my beliefs. After we had a pleasant exchange of posts, you went on talk shit about me. You basically stabbed me in the back. I read what you said about me. But I am not mad, holding a grudge is wrong and something I am trying to work on.

A while ago we had a discussion on Religious issues and you turned around and trashed me and my beliefs. After we had a pleasant exchange of posts, you went on talk shit about me. You basically stabbed me in the back. I read what you said about me. But I am not mad, holding a grudge is wrong and something I am trying to work on.
What are you talking about? I don’t trash anyone’s beliefs. Please link the post

And I do apologize for being harsh in my response just now but man you accuse me of some outlandish shit.

At best it’s a misunderstanding and at worst you are mixing me up with someone else on the thread. People know me here well enough to know I wouldn’t trash someone’s religious beliefs.

If I recall any conversation the only thing I recall is i said it’s not the time or place to be preaching and that I believe too. This was on someone’s post thinking about suicide because they couldn’t quit drugs. So yeah hammering them with how they need Jesus isn’t exactly appropriate in the way that you did and mire
Importantly the timing. It can actually put people off. I didn’t chastise you or intentionally offend you. That’s all I remember of anything that can be related o what you are talking about.

I do recall you and two others getting into it heavily tho.

It had to do with you denouncing me and saying something about real Christians don't believe this or that, I remember. Maybe, you should read the Bible, if you even own one. We had exchanged posts and very shortly after you were attacking me. If you disagree on something, fine.
However attacking me shortly after, not cool. Besides it was one of the rare occasions I was doing what I am commanded to do.

It had to do with you denouncing me and saying something about real Christians don't believe this or that, I remember. Maybe, you should read the Bible, if you even own one. We had exchanged posts and very shortly after you were attacking me. If you disagree on something, fine.
However attacking me shortly after, not cool. Besides it was one of the rare occasions I was doing what I am commanded to do.
Again, let me see the post. I tried searching but can’t find it. I’d like to see what you are talking about because I have a feeling you are taking something out of context.

And if I remember right, you were giving this guy that was suicidal the hellfire and brimstone approach to Christianity while ACTUALLY suicidal. Why??? Just why? It doesn’t ever almost result in someone coming to Jesus.

I digress, if you post a link to the thread and I can see the words and if I see I was in the wrong in some way I’ll gladly apologize publicly but I just really think whatever it was is taken out of context.

Now I do have issue with so called Christians judging and using the hellfire and brimstone approach so perhaps something came off harsh that wasn’t intended.z idk man. Nit without reading it. I assure you nothing was intended to offend you but I was also on alot of drugs last year so hey it’s possible. I’ll own it if I see it.

Just the first thing to pop in google.
And nowhere in there does it say that he voted to ban vape juice.

He vetoed a bill that prevented local governments from banning flavored tobacco products.

The Ohio legislature overrode his veto.

The law that is now passed does not allow local governments to ban flavored tobacco products, instead it invests that power solely in the Ohio State legislature.

Since the proposed ban was enacted by the Columbus city council, please tell me how Governor DeWine Could in any way shape or form vote for it?

And nowhere in there does it say that he voted to ban vape juice.

He vetoed a bill that prevented local governments from banning flavored tobacco products.

The Ohio legislature overrode his veto.

The law that is now passed does not allow local governments to ban flavored tobacco products, instead it invests that power solely in the Ohio State legislature.

Since the proposed ban was enacted by the Columbus city council, please tell me how Governor DeWine Could in any way shape or form vote for it?
I mean the title says it.

I mean the title says it.
Calls for legislation, and voted to ban, are two completely different things.

There's actually no bill discussed in the article you referenced.

I explained exactly the situation that happened in Ohio. The ban on flavored tobacco products was enacted by the Columbus city council.

The only thing that Governor DeWine did was veto the law that gives that power only to the state legislature, which over road his veto. So the Columbus city council enacted ban is voided.

Governor DeWine enacted no law that bans flavored or unflavored vape juice.