• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Baking soda for Dexedrine XR potentiation?

cmustelin

Greenlighter
If I took Dexedrine XR around 5ish hours ago, is there anything I can do NOW to increase absorbance or prolong the effects? I took a zantac around an hour before my dose and have only had tea and lots of water since then. I've read that baking soda works to help potentiate it, but I'm wondering if having some now (as opposed to before my dose) would do anything? Thoughts?

So baking soda is extremely basic. Your stomach is extremely acidic so that can destroy some of your substance. Now, some people will acidify their digestive system before (with things like citrus but this also potentiates by inhibiting an enzyme in the stomach) and this leads to a quicker onset. The way baking soda works is that it increases the pH of the stomach so that more of the substance can safely pass through the stomach so that it'll be absorbed in the intestines.

Obviously, your high is over now, but for future reference, if you want to use baking soda, you should do it around 30 minutes before you take your substance.

The theory goes that basifying of urinary Ph will prolong the duration of amphetamine's. This will occur independent of the time of intake. So prolonging of the effect is a possibility especially with XR formulations.

Stomach Ph is another thing.

https://europepmc.org/backend/ptpmcrender.fcgi?accid=PMC1510629&blobtype=pdf

I have absolutely not the slightest idea what a flicker fusion frequency is. Good name though!!

Last edited:
Even though this is all true, that baking soda is a potentiator for sure. In my opinion it does potentiate amphetamine, but in a bad way where it only amplifies the negative aspect of the speed buzz, not the positive. I felt potentiation of the levo-amp , and none of d-amp. I didn't like the experience , 5oo jittery and feeling cracked out, and the duration was shorter and harder crash

I have also read that it has been supposed that the intake of citric acid through things like lemon or lime juice can cause the body to "even" out the lowering of pH in the blood, causing a sort of reverse effect on pH..thus, taking amps after acidifying your blood stream could theoretically potentiate the effects as well. Alternatively, base compounds which raise pH could cause the body to react and again try to even out the pH level to find equilibrium, causing the drug to be expelled quicker after a certain amount of time..personally I haven't found either or to have a huge effect..but anything that could cause me to urinate more frequently of course had a big impact on amphetamine secretion. Which, citric acid or acidic compounds would typically cause me to piss a lot more..especially coffee.

Of course it's going to be better to attempt to basify your urine prior to ingesting the Amphetamines, but to my knowledge you could probably still cause a limited amount of potentiation even if it's done after the fact.