• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

bad trip with the cops involved, but no arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribbit01234

Greenlighter
So last week me and a friend were tripping acid, about three hits each. Anyway, he starts freaking out and screaming and breaking stuff and then the cops were called. They came in and took me out of the apartment to calm him down and then both of us were sent to the hospital where I woke up a few hours later and was sent home.

I asked them if I was in trouble when I was outside my apartment before being sent to the hospital and they said "no" even though I told them that we were tripping. My friend was in the hospital for three days longer than me and he said he didn't get any police visits before being discharged.

could I still be facing legal trouble? thanks

You should not worry. They would have given you a citation. They were probably happy with knowing what was going on. They are going to remember who you are though and might be curious if they see you around again. Just make sure you are doing something like helping a little old lady cross the street.

Generally if you don't commit a major crime (destroying high value property, injuring/killing people) and you're not caught with large quantities of drugs in your possession the cops have better things to do than prosecute you for having a bad trip. Some cops are much more lenient towards this than others (e.g. don't expect an Alabama cop to be as nice on you as one from California)

If you were discharged from hospital to the freedom of your own home rather than to a prison/mental ward then you got off as easy as it goes.

It's unlikely that cops are going to get involved any further. However we can't say for sure. We actually don't allow legal discussion on Bluelight because it's entirely speculation. It depends on how much of a bad day those particular cops were having...

I wouldn't worry about it, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.