View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad Trip on LSD. 4 months later. Acid Trip into HELL. Endless Thought Loop

Cudi

Bluelighter
Sorry, this is going to be a LONG but very unique and interesting one. Ok, so this incident happened to me in late September. It involves a lot of key people whom I'm going to have to give aliases to or else it will get confusing.

It was a Thursday and my mom was out of the state and I had the house to myself. I had been wanting to try LSD for a few months, but I never had the right time to do it. The only drugs I've experimented with before this are weed, xanax, and alcohol. I smoked a lot every weekend and drank almost every weekend. Had a fun night a month prior that consisted of me taking xanax for the first time (4mg) along with some weed and a couple beers. Total blackout of a night, I didn't remember who took me home and the friends I was with told me the next day I was "like a zombie" the whole night. And yes I know, people said two bars of xannies is too much for a first time. Still not sure if that's true.

Anyway, we picked up 14 tabs on blotter that Thursday in late September. We intended to take them the next day and go to the zoo, but my friends and I agreed we'd just take them that night and chill at my house since nobody was home. It was me and two of my friends that were going to trip with me, one of them a girl (Let's call her Corinne) who's a good friend of mine and the other is a guy, one of my best friends (Let's call him Brody). Another one of my good friends was sort of "watching over us" and didn't trip with us (Cedric). So me and Corinne went to go pick it up around 6:00pm, just me and her. We went back to my house and we were going to pick up my friends Brody and Cedric so we could begin the trip. Me and Corinne decided to put the tabs on our tongue and then go to pick up Brody and Cedric. I took two tabs and she took 3. She had tripped before and told me I was fine to drive right when we took the tabs because it wouldn't kick in for another 45 minutes to an hour. So it was all good and we picked them up and drove back to my house where my friend Brody then proceeded to take his two tabs as well. At this point if you're wondering why we picked up 14 tabs it's because a few other friends of ours wanted us to get some for them. Oh, almost forgot. I took one small dab about 30 minutes before we took the tabs.

So then we were just in my house, listening to some music waiting for the acid to kick in. I would estimate I took the tabs at 7:30pm. At around 8:00-8:15, I felt a weakness and sort of numbness in my legs. I immediately wanted to sit down. At this point, I was enjoying myself quite a bit and was smiling about everything. It was fantastic, I was just happy about life. Me and Corinne were laughing and smiling about stupid things while Brody was still waiting for the noticeable effects since he took them later than we did. I looked in the mirror and my pupils were very enlarged, almost covering up the blue color of my eyes. My face started to get numb and music started to just sound better. I don't really remember everything that happened from this time until around 9:30pm, when a few more friends of mine who weren't tripping decided to come over. I was getting slightly worried about how many of my friends were at my house. Two of them were drunk and acting very stupid and the rest were just being loud and seemingly disrespectful in my tripping mind. At this point, I started getting intense open eyed visuals. Basic stuff, walls rippling. People's hair sort of distorted looking, tracers, things seemed more colorful.

One of my drunk friends was making a mess in my kitchen and I told him to please leave. I can still remember just how politely I was asking him, and he wasn't listening. It was amazing to me that no matter how much I told him to just walk out the front door and leave. I was very annoyed, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. It's like suddenly I realized how much alcohol impairs people and makes them look so stupid. Was very trippy to me how debilitating alcohol now seemed. I kept telling him and apologizing "Dude, normally you'd be fine to stay here but I'm having a lot of mixed emotions and I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling, but you need to leave." His excuse was that he was too drunk to drive. He said he'd be glad to leave but he seriously couldn't (3 weeks later he got a DUI).

In my mind, the solution was so simple. I tell him to leave and he just walks out and leaves. I couldn't comprehend that there was more to the situation. The past two hours I had been "on the edge" sort of feeling really good and then really bad at times. I had read before that LSD can cause very rapid emotional changes. It just seemed so rude of my mind to dismiss happy thoughts so quickly. At times I had even felt like crying but I didn't know why. Another very good friend of mine called asking if he could come over and just like what I told my drunk friend, I said "Dude, I'm tripping right now and I'm not sure what I'm feeling at the moment but please don't come over." My friend Corinne kept checking up on me with sort of a "Thumbs up Thumbs down" gesture from across my living room and I would gesture back with my thumb half way between each. Again, I was on the edge and emotions were swinging a lot.

Brody and Corinne told me to look at the carpet because they were seeing floral patterns on it. I stared down at it and saw very abstract patterns, not flowers though. I still can't think of what the patterns were, but they represented Japanese symbols. Literally like from the movie Transformers lol. Finally, my drunk friend left and I felt somewhat of a relief. I really didn't want my neighbor calling my mom saying I had a ton of people over at our house. Another one of my good friends Jake came over around 10:00. He had tripped before and could relate to a lot of the stuff I was feeling which made me feel better. I was having a little synesthesia when I was listening to our music. We were listening to trippy music like ODESZA and some other happy and peaceful music. I was seeing the sound come out of the speaker and my ears seemed to be tripping hard if that makes any sense. Music was insane, sounded so perfect. My friend Jake started messing with me in funny ways and doing somewhat trippy/goofy things that either blew my mind or made me laugh until I cried. He showed me trippy GIFs on twitter that moved and even when he stopped the GIF, the picture was still moving because of the visuals I was experiencing. I found that amazing. I was always interested in Quantum Mechanics and Astronomy and I was having deep thoughts about both subjects.

This next part is what I believe turned my "on edge" trip into a full out living nightmare. I was already dumb enough to dab right before I tripped. Now my friend wanted to take some bong rips on my deck so I joined him and a few others. It was a summer night, but I was seeing my own breath due to my visuals. I would take a large bong rip and exhale the smoke, but the smoke seemingly never stopped coming out of my mouth. I wasn't coughing either because I guess I couldn't really feel my lungs. Also I forgot to mention, I've had some heart troubles in the past. Ventricular Tachycardia is what my doctor called it. I heard though that LSD would be fine even with a heart condition. At the time, I didn't take into account that weed makes your heart RACE especially if you hit a bong several times. My already very strong trip turned even more intense. My visuals were overwhelming and my heart was beating too fast. I knew I needed to calm down, but I couldn't.

We stayed on the deck. I looked up at the stars and there were red and green twinkling lights that went along with the stars in the sky. It was a clear and very starry night. My friend Jake kept doing hilarious things to keep me and Corinne entertained. Brody had left at this point and went home with Cedric. He had been doing great all night. Another friend of mine, Derrick spontaneously decided to trip off two tabs for his very first time. He had just come over a little bit after I smoked. Thinking back on all of this, this was the most random/spontaneous night I have ever had ever. Right when Brody had left to go home, I immediately felt an emptiness in my mind like he was keeping me sane. Now, Corinne and Derrick were the only ones tripping with me on my deck and keeping me sane as well. I kept having a sort of epiphany during the "on edge" period of my trip. I kept realizing and saying, "You control your trip, you either make it good or bad. It is all an aspect of you, not the drug. Your own mental forces guide the entire thing." I also kept asking Corinne if I was going to be "okay" in the morning and "back to normal". She of course kept saying yes and was worried about my questions.

Jake and Derrick had to leave. Now it was just me, Corinne, and her friend Yvonne on my back deck. My two other friends Jared and Aric came over around midnight right before Corinne and Yvonne left. I wanted company, I didn't want to be alone and my mind kept telling me that. Right when Corinne left with Yvonne, I felt a kind of panic set upon me. I was tripping balls while very high from weed and nobody else with me was tripping and could relate to anything I was saying. I felt "out of touch" with Jared and Aric. They had just smoked so they were high as well, just not on LSD.

BAD TRIP STARTS HERE: IF YOU SKIPPED TO HERE AT LEAST READ THE LAST FEW SENTENCES FROM THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH.
It is so very hard to describe what I was feeling and what made it bad. In fact, I would label this bad trip as the most terrifying and traumatic thing that has ever happened to me in my life. I believe everyone's bad trips are subjective to them and can't compare to anyone else's because nobody's personality and genes are the same. I will try my best to explain all that I felt. First, panic. My friend would maybe make a joke or two about me tripping or about how our friend Aric was passed out high on the couch and I was feeling very very uncomfortable. I would try to seem like everything was fine by maybe fake chuckling a couple times but he could tell something was wrong with me. I was pacing frantically and kept telling him how something wasn't right. I was in a downward thought loop spiral of doom and couldn't get out. To reference one of my favorite Kid Cudi songs, I was literally "Trapped in my Mind". I started to sweat very badly and was feeling extremely cold. We put a thermometer in my mouth and my temperature was down to 95.1. Almost 4 degrees below normal and healthy temp. At this point I started to panic more than ever. I was very disoriented and dizzy and my vision seemed terrible.

Everything was so bright in my house. I don't exactly remember probably because I smoked, but I was having some very vivid and scary "Psychological Hallucinations" I guess I would call them. Not CEVs but perhaps closer to OEVs. I thought I was dying. I actually saw myself going to the hospital and dying only to be on the news the next day for going into shock and dying because of an LSD bad trip. I also thought I had uncovered a psychotic disorder that lied deep in my DNA that LSD brought out of its dormant state. I literally felt like a psychotic patient with Schizophrenia. I kept asking my friend as I was delirious, "Dude what the fuck are we doing right now" or "What did we just do" or "I'm doing the same thing over and over and over again!!!!!". I'm not sure if that was the acid trying to tell me that my every day life was repetitive and cycling, or if I was actually going insane and needed to go to an asylum. Jared wasn't really for the idea of me going to the hospital, and I was totally incapable of making that important decision. Time was going by SOOOOOOOOOO SLOWWWWWW. It was almost 1:00am and I knew that I would probably have to suffer through this for another four hours until the acid wore off. It was I either die in the hospital and be relieved of my bad trip, or I suffer this endless thought loop and fight through it and still maybe die.

Jared told me I should shower, but I was horrified by that idea for some odd reason. I felt like the shower was going to burn a hole in me. I tried laying down, only to panic even more and get up to frantically pace again. We went to my computer room because Jared's stupid high ass wanted to show me trippy videos during the scariest time of my whole life. We each sat down in a separate chair and I was tripping terribly. He said something after a few minutes and I snapped out of my trip for a second in which I thought we were outside on the deck but we were actually still in my computer room. I kept being in "multiple places at once" it seemed like. I would do one thing in a separate reality and then snap back into our own reality and totally forget everything I was doing. That would set on more and more panic. I had been clenching my jaw for the last few hours because that's what LSD does to you so my face was very numb making it difficult to feel my body substance which would maybe give me more sense to reality. After more than an hour of total hell and basically unmemorable hallucinations, my friend Jared had to go home and I wasn't about to be left alone so I went with him to his house.

He fell asleep almost instantly and I laid/sat up in my sleeping bag next to his bed hoping and praying I would go back to normal soon. I kept Facetiming and calling Brody and Corinne telling them that something was terribly wrong. They asked what was going on and i just didn't know how to answer it. All i said was I was feeling terrible and thinking scary things. They couldn't understand. And here's where more random shit happens and is why I label this night as the most spontaneous and fucked up night of my life. My friend Seb calls me up and knows I'm having a bad trip because he's also with my friend Derrick who was at my house earlier. Turns out Seb and two of my other friends that were with Derrick also decided to trip for their very first time. Like what the fuck is this acid night?!?! Apparently they're all having a great time tripping, which makes me feel even more uneasy about my own mental health considering I'm the only one who had a bad trip out of like 8 other people who took the same LSD tabs.

Can't remember what happened between 2am and 4am, I believe just more suffering and waiting and thinking deeply about things. The phone call from Seb came at around 3:50am and he said him and my 3 other friends were going to pick me up from Jared's house because it was the only way my bad trip could be fixed. Somehow this made sense to me. I sent him the address, and they came and picked me up around 4:15am. And yes I realize it isn't a good idea to get in the car when the driver is tripping on acid, but I wasn't about to stay at Jared's house so we left and went back to my house. By this time, my hellish nightmare is over but still lingering a little bit. I tried explaining it to them but they couldn't really understand. Morning came, everyone who tripped was asleep at my house by 9am, except for poor me. I was still wide awake, unable to sleep and seemingly STILL tripping even though my friends took the same tabs 4 hours after I took them. I was still seeing tracers a little bit. My phone background was distorted and moving. I started googling some stuff and was getting very very very paranoid about the possibility of me having either HPPD or some type of psychosis brought upon by LSD. I was scared shitless. Fast forward three days, where I had tried countless times to fall asleep but was never able to get into a deep sleep. It was like my body was afraid of "letting go" and going unconscious.

I would start to sleep and then JOLT awake in a panic. I had eaten food and drank water the last two days for recovery and I even told myself I'm never drinking or smoking ever again. I had no desire to anymore, it was the most strange thing. The day after my bad trip, a FedEx person came to the door to deliver a package and it was VERYYYY odd even making human contact with her. It was like I had totally forgot what a normal life was. I even had a hard time keeping eye contact with my own friends. We went out to dinner where my friend works and I wasn't on the same level as everyone else. I felt very uncomfortable and wanted to leave right away. In my "sleep" something very weird kept happening. I would "wake up" like every 20 minutes even though it seemed like I had never been asleep in the first place. Like i would look at the clock and 20 minutes would fly by and it felt like I was awake the whole 20 minutes, only in some sort of trance. I kept doing research and discovered something called "micro-sleep" which matched what was happening to me very well. This continued happening to me for the next 3 weeks and even a couple times the next month.

I felt different, like I had changed and I didn't enjoy things like i used to. I wanted to go back to the "pre-acid" time period of my life. I felt like my whole life was ruined. Even now, 4 months later, my head sometimes feels very sensitive for some reason and I'm very flinchy and jumpy. My ears pick up sounds so loudly almost and it makes me flinch. Doors shutting, clapping, yelling, even when music plays in my earbuds and the song plays a clap or a sound. It is hard falling asleep, my hands and arms shake a lot sometimes and even my head sometimes shakes on my pillow when I'm trying to sleep. I regret doing acid but I know there's nothing I can do about it now. I have to live with it. It seems like I've lost control over the guidance voice in my head and it can sometimes get annoying. I still feel like I'm not toally back to normal.

Since then, I've smoked weed a few times and had flashbacks and feelings of panic back to my bad trip. Even alcohol makes me feel a little panicky at first and makes me worry about my mental health. The most vivid and intense one was two weeks ago. I took two big dabs and felt a rush of panic. I felt cold again just like during my bad trip. I took my temp, 95.3. I couldn't stop shaking. I was pacing frantically and was disoriented greatly. My heart rate was fast as hell, probably 140 beats per minute. It was strange too, I was actually hearing music in my head as if it was actually there. My mind was creating its own dubstep and songs like Zeds Dead and ODESZA makes. Although I was panicking in the similar thought loop during my bad trip, I was amazed by how good these songs sounded. I wish I could have produced these songs because they would be hits! My eyes were even dilated as if I was on LSD. It may have just been from fear though.

All in all, my school performance hasn't gone down really at all. I may even be doing better now in school. I just want to know if ANYONE has experienced anything like this and if they dabbed and it has brought them back to the SAME trip as if they were on LSD again. Could I have PTSD or maybe even an onset Schizophrenia approaching? Or is it really just useless anxiety stemming out of nowhere causing me to think I'm going crazy? PLEASE READ WHOLE THING AND HELP. I KNOW IT'S LONG!!!! I have heard time and time again that LSD and any type of psychiatric illness, especially anxiety disorders do not mix well at all.

Last edited:
Liken it to this.....LSD opens the doors of perception.....or wait ......maybe this
A Buddhist monk can spend years and years meditating for enlightenment...or to open that door...LSD Rama through that door with a battering ram in seconds.......
Does that help?
You will be fine, you just have had a life changing experience....what did you think was going to happen??? Acid is not just fun and gameS......also a reason why teenagers shouldn't take it IMO

We constantly get threads like this here, and I've noticed two main themes in cases of nightmare trips that result in months of depersonalization, derealization, and anxiety: (1) teenagers and (2) dosing in sketchy company.

I simply cannot recall a case of someone who is older and more established in their sense of self, of independent means, having a trip this bad, outside of blatant polydrug abuse. I think a good rule of thumb for hallucinogens would be: if you have to plan around your parents, you shouldn't be taking hallucinogens.

buddhist monk practice mindfulness on the present moment, which is characterized with no thoughts at all and only mindfulness on the body mainly up to a point where they dont think if they dont need or want to think, ever. they have been able to control the mind, which lsd dont really help. what lsd help is it can help to calm the mind and let it enjoy the present moment a bit more with blissful feeling ect, but its nothing ocompared to a permanenet calm mind.
nothing to do with loop thoughts or psy visuals
Liken it to this.....LSD opens the doors of perception.....or wait ......maybe this
A Buddhist monk can spend years and years meditating for enlightenment...or to open that door...LSD Rama through that door with a battering ram in seconds.......
Does that help?
You will be fine, you just have had a life changing experience....what did you think was going to happen??? Acid is not just fun and gameS......also a reason why teenagers shouldn't take it IMO

We constantly get threads like this here, and I've noticed two main themes in cases of nightmare trips that result in months of depersonalization, derealization, and anxiety: (1) teenagers and (2) dosing in sketchy company.

I simply cannot recall a case of someone who is older and more established in their sense of self, of independent means, having a trip this bad, outside of blatant polydrug abuse. I think a good rule of thumb for hallucinogens would be: if you have to plan around your parents, you shouldn't be taking hallucinogens.

And if something gives you all of this, imagine what how your brain may damaged each time!

Your experience, scary as it must have been, is not so rare. Just check some other threads at the PD Forum, Trip Reports (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/40-Trip-Reports) and Recovery Support (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support) to find other people who have been scared to death: it may help you to see you're not alone and to check what has helped them.

In your place, I'd try to avoid smoking, maybe even drinking for a while. Not because you "consumed some Research Chemical instead of LSD that lingers in the human brain and interacts negatively with high amounts of THC", but because pot can be quite psychedelic depending on set and setting, especially after a strong experience like you had.

Try to read a bit about the role of psychedelics for shamanic healing (ayahuasca, psilocybe mushrooms, peyote...) so you'll see the what you experienced as a nightmare can be experienced as heaven in other contexts, with proper guidance and preparation. Hopefully you'll be better in a couple of months, and your next trip (not next week, of course) will be a fantastic, healing trip of pure bliss.

"negative visionary experience may be induced by purely psychological means. Fear and anger bar the way to the heavenly Other World and plunge the mescalin taker into hell." Aldous Huxley

Looking back on it, I agree entirely. I'm 17 which I thought was at least a decent age to try LSD for the first time, and none of my friends have ever had a bad trip. Even before this experience, I was interested in Psychopharmacology and the effects that drugs have on the brain. I've read a few books including "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Strassman and it is a very interesting book. Also to add, in the next week after my bad trip, it felt very odd doing normal every day things. Waking up and brushing my teeth in the morning felt foreign to me for a while. Showering was almost a new experience. I couldn't see myself going back to school and sitting in a desk for hours doing physics and calculus. Mainly, the only thing that still bothers me now is the shaking of my body limbs quite often, this weird sensitivity on the top of the back part of my head, and really just still feeling different. I had no idea this substance would have such acute/long term effects.

Hey . thanks for the story. Stay possessive you will be ok !! . Do some research in to !! positive and negative thinking !!.. It is even in the bible (((if you are into that))).... ''what man thinketh in his heart, so he shall be'' (( Alot of famous and successful people recommend it and say it helped them to get to where they are today ))) Have you been thinking and worrying about this since the event, it sounds like you have ! try and forget it even happened... I have been trying to get some good acid for years. never had a propper trip like that... you are lucky.. Im in the UK and its hard to get here.. Its all heroin coke and crack & mdma here ..... Let me klnow if it helps Man... God Luck !! Stay possitive.....

Just a tip - if you use paragraphs, more people will read what you wrote. A big wall of text like that is just intimidating

Your not alone I had a BAD TRIP Once on salvia... 50x in a pipe STAY AWAY FROM IT if you had a bad trip on LSD... The good thing is it only lasts for a few minutes.. But it was the worst 2 minutes of my life Hands down.. I too had some minor mental health problems in my younger years they were associated brought out by smoking too much weed... Your story makes me think twice about taking acid now .. Even thought I have always always wanted to try it so much ! and would pay big money to get hold of some Maybe it is a good thing I have not been able to get any.. Thanks for the story Cudi

Sorry about that, still learning the ways of this website

I couldn't agree more with this post. I've come to the conclusion that taking LSD at a young age carries a much greater risk of a bad trip. Now that I'm older I can't imagine having a bad trip, they are all exceedingly positive and I'm convinced that is largely to do with mental maturity.

My advice to the OP is to stop dwelling on the negative aspects and fill your life with healthy and positive activities until you feel better, because you WILL. Keep physically active, eat well and get lots of sleep. Oh yeah - and lay off the LSD for awhile! Good luck!

Your experience, scary as it must have been, is not so rare. Just check some other threads at the PD Forum, Trip Reports (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/40-Trip-Reports) and Recovery Support (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support) to find other people who have been scared to death: it may help you to see you're not alone and to check what has helped them.

In your place, I'd try to avoid smoking, maybe even drinking for a while. Not because you "consumed some Research Chemical instead of LSD that lingers in the human brain and interacts negatively with high amounts of THC", but because pot can be quite psychedelic depending on set and setting, especially after a strong experience like you had.

Try to read a bit about the role of psychedelics for shamanic healing (ayahuasca, psilocybe mushrooms, peyote...) so you'll see the what you experienced as a nightmare can be experienced as heaven in other contexts, with proper guidance and preparation. Hopefully you'll be better in a couple of months, and your next trip (not next week, of course) will be a fantastic, healing trip of pure bliss.

"negative visionary experience may be induced by purely psychological means. Fear and anger bar the way to the heavenly Other World and plunge the mescalin taker into hell." Aldous Huxley

Interesting. I would avoid it due to obvious reasons. But I did not know about this. I do have a point though regarding bad tripping. It can get really ugly and the results could make your brain believe in things that you end up doing swearing it´s all real. I would be quite anxious in taking it another time.
Mostly because you never know how may points there will be and how can you rely on someone that you don´t know. I´ve seen people taking too many by accident and ending up jumping or falling from upper floors.
A couple of tourists in Cancum, brothers, have gone in a similar situation. They´ve tripped for 3 days. At the end one was killed and the other one though it was a conspiracy and alerted his family in another country.
A total mess which ended up being his worst moment in life, regardless of loosing his best mate, his brother.
It may sound that I´m super naive or stupid, but I have heard too many true histories like this.

And if something gives you all of this, imagine what how your brain may damaged each time!

How do you figure? Do those symptoms really mean "brain damage"? Or are they simply an intense emotional experience? I wasn't aware that LSD was toxic enough to cause "brain damage".

I don´t know about that! I was just wondering as I´ve seen people literally getting crazy after years. And recently one being killed over a stupid bad trip. I saw the interview where the older brother described intense in a way that it took his brother´s life. I´m not that naive. But one must respect its intensity whether it´s emotional or just too much.

The thing I found most strange was how weird it seemed doing normal every day things. My psych and ego were completely shattered, thought I was going insane.

That's because normal every day things are normal every day things, and very human. LSD and other psychedelics distance you from that every day state of mind and consciousness.

I don´t know about that! I was just wondering as I´ve seen people literally getting crazy after years. And recently one being killed over a stupid bad trip. I saw the interview where the older brother described intense in a way that it took his brother´s life. I´m not that naive. But one must respect its intensity whether it´s emotional or just too much.
WTF has that got to do with brain damage??? Why do so many people think that in order to get high as fuck, you must kill a load of brain cells? Where's the logic in that?

People who end up permanently crazy from taking LSD already had serious mental health issues to begin with. It's probably the least toxic and least addictive recreational drug on the planet.
It's a shame some dude lost his younger brother but to demonize LSD is just unfair and misleading.

Sorry, this is going to be a LONG but very unique and interesting one. Ok, so this incident happened to me in late September. It involves a lot of key people whom I'm going to have to give aliases to or else it will get confusing. It was a Thursday and my mom was out of the state and I had the house to myself. I had been wanting to try LSD for a few months, but I never had the right time to do it. The only drugs I've experimented with before this are weed, xanax, and alcohol. I smoked a lot every weekend and drank almost every weekend. Had a fun night a month prior that consisted of me taking xanax for the first time (4mg) along with some weed and a couple beers. Total blackout of a night, I didn't remember who took me home and the friends I was with told me the next day I was "like a zombie" the whole night. And yes I know, people said two bars of xannies is too much for a first time. Still not sure if that's true. Also, I used to have separation anxiety from my mother when I was in Elementary School. I would refuse to go to school sometimes just because I was worried something bad would either happen to her or me. My mom would always say I was being a "Hypochondriac", basically just always worrying about my health. That aspect of my personality seems to have never left me. A little more recently in the last year, I've had some ongoing depression, it seems to run in my family. I would sometimes self harm, but never actually think about committing suicide. So that's just some background info. Anyway, we picked up 14 tabs on blotter that Thursday in late September. We intended to take them the next day and go to the zoo, but my friends and I agreed we'd just take them that night and chill at my house since nobody was home. It was me and two of my friends that were going to trip with me, one of them a girl (Let's call her Corinne) who's a good friend of mine and the other is a guy, one of my best friends (Let's call him Brody). Another one of my good friends was sort of "watching over us" and didn't trip with us (Cedric). So me and Corinne went to go pick it up around 6:00pm, just me and her. We went back to my house and we were going to pick up my friends Brody and Cedric so we could begin the trip. Me and Corinne decided to put the tabs on our tongue and then go to pick up Brody and Cedric. I took two tabs and she took 3. She had tripped before and told me I was fine to drive right when we took the tabs because it wouldn't kick in for another 45 minutes to an hour. So it was all good and we picked them up and drove back to my house where my friend Brody then proceeded to take his two tabs as well. At this point if you're wondering why we picked up 14 tabs it's because a few other friends of ours wanted us to get some for them. Oh, almost forgot. I took one small dab about 30 minutes before we took the tabs. So then we were just in my house, listening to some music waiting for the acid to kick in. I would estimate I took the tabs at 7:30pm. At around 8:00-8:15, I felt a weakness and sort of numbness in my legs. I immediately wanted to sit down. At this point, I was enjoying myself quite a bit and was smiling about everything. It was fantastic, I was just happy about life. Me and Corinne were laughing and smiling about stupid things while Brody was still waiting for the noticeable effects since he took them later than we did. I looked in the mirror and my pupils were very enlarged, almost covering up the blue color of my eyes. My face started to get numb and music started to just sound better. I don't really remember everything that happened from this time until around 9:30pm, when a few more friends of mine who weren't tripping decided to come over. I was getting slightly worried about how many of my friends were at my house. Two of them were drunk and acting very stupid and the rest were just being loud and seemingly disrespectful in my tripping mind. At this point, I started getting intense open eyed visuals. Basic stuff, walls rippling. People's hair sort of distorted looking, tracers, things seemed more colorful. One of my drunk friends was making a mess in my kitchen and I told him to please leave. I can still remember just how politely I was asking him, and he wasn't listening. It was amazing to me that no matter how much I told him to just walk out the front door and leave. I was very annoyed, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. It's like suddenly I realized how much alcohol impairs people and makes them look so stupid. Was very trippy to me how debilitating alcohol now seemed. I kept telling him and apologizing "Dude, normally you'd be fine to stay here but I'm having a lot of mixed emotions and I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling, but you need to leave." His excuse was that he was too drunk to drive. He said he'd be glad to leave but he seriously couldn't (3 weeks later he got a DUI). In my mind, the solution was so simple. I tell him to leave and he just walks out and leaves. I couldn't comprehend that there was more to the situation. The past two hours I had been "on the edge" sort of feeling really good and then really bad at times. I had read before that LSD can cause very rapid emotional changes. It just seemed so rude of my mind to dismiss happy thoughts so quickly. At times I had even felt like crying but I didn't know why. Another very good friend of mine called asking if he could come over and just like what I told my drunk friend, I said "Dude, I'm tripping right now and I'm not sure what I'm feeling at the moment but please don't come over." My friend Corinne kept checking up on me with sort of a "Thumbs up Thumbs down" gesture from across my living room and I would gesture back with my thumb half way between each. Again, I was on the edge and emotions were swinging a lot. Brody and Corinne told me to look at the carpet because they were seeing floral patterns on it. I stared down at it and saw very abstract patterns, not flowers though. I still can't think of what the patterns were, but they represented Japanese symbols. Literally like from the movie Transformers lol. Finally, my drunk friend left and I felt somewhat of a relief. I really didn't want my neighbor calling my mom saying I had a ton of people over at our house. Another one of my good friends Jake came over around 10:00. He had tripped before and could relate to a lot of the stuff I was feeling which made me feel better. I was having a little synesthesia when I was listening to our music. We were listening to trippy music like ODESZA and some other happy and peaceful music. I was seeing the sound come out of the speaker and my ears seemed to be tripping hard if that makes any sense. Music was insane, sounded so perfect. My friend Jake started messing with me in funny ways and doing somewhat trippy/goofy things that either blew my mind or made me laugh until I cried. He showed me trippy GIFs on twitter that moved and even when he stopped the GIF, the picture was still moving because of the visuals I was experiencing. I found that amazing. I was always interested in Quantum Mechanics and Astronomy and I was having deep thoughts about both subjects. This next part is what I believe turned my "on edge" trip into a full out living nightmare. I was already dumb enough to dab right before I tripped. Now my friend wanted to take some bong rips on my deck so I joined him and a few others. It was a summer night, but I was seeing my own breath due to my visuals. I would take a large bong rip and exhale the smoke, but the smoke seemingly never stopped coming out of my mouth. I wasn't coughing either because I guess I couldn't really feel my lungs. Also I forgot to mention, I've had some heart troubles in the past. Ventricular Tachycardia is what my doctor called it. I heard though that LSD would be fine even with a heart condition. At the time, I didn't take into account that weed makes your heart RACE especially if you hit a bong several times. My already very strong trip turned even more intense. My visuals were overwhelming and my heart was beating too fast. I knew I needed to calm down, but I couldn't. We stayed on the deck. I looked up at the stars and there were red and green twinkling lights that went along with the stars in the sky. It was a clear and very starry night. My friend Jake kept doing hilarious things to keep me and Corinne entertained. Brody had left at this point and went home with Cedric. He had been doing great all night. Another friend of mine, Derrick spontaneously decided to trip off two tabs for his very first time. He had just come over a little bit after I smoked. Thinking back on all of this, this was the most random/spontaneous night I have ever had ever. Right when Brody had left to go home, I immediately felt an emptiness in my mind like he was keeping me sane. Now, Corinne and Derrick were the only ones tripping with me on my deck and keeping me sane as well. I kept having a sort of epiphany during the "on edge" period of my trip. I kept realizing and saying, "You control your trip, you either make it good or bad. It is all an aspect of you, not the drug. Your own mental forces guide the entire thing." I also kept asking Corinne if I was going to be "okay" in the morning and "back to normal". She of course kept saying yes and was worried about my questions. Jake and Derrick had to leave. Now it was just me, Corinne, and her friend Yvonne on my back deck. My two other friends Jared and Aric came over around midnight right before Corinne and Yvonne left. I wanted company, I didn't want to be alone and my mind kept telling me that. Right when Corinne left with Yvonne, I felt a kind of panic set upon me. I was tripping balls while very high from weed and nobody else with me was tripping and could relate to anything I was saying. I felt "out of touch" with Jared and Aric. They had just smoked so they were high as well, just not on LSD. BAD TRIP STARTS HERE: IF YOU SKIPPED TO HERE AT LEAST READ THE LAST FEW SENTENCES FROM THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH. It is so very hard to describe what I was feeling and what made it bad. In fact, I would label this bad trip as the most terrifying and traumatic thing that has ever happened to me in my life. I believe everyone's bad trips are subjective to them and can't compare to anyone else's because nobody's personality and genes are the same. I will try my best to explain all that I felt. First, panic. My friend would maybe make a joke or two about me tripping or about how our friend Aric was passed out high on the couch and I was feeling very very uncomfortable. I would try to seem like everything was fine by maybe fake chuckling a couple times but he could tell something was wrong with me. I was pacing frantically and kept telling him how something wasn't right. I was in a downward thought loop spiral of doom and couldn't get out. To reference one of my favorite Kid Cudi songs, I was literally "Trapped in my Mind". I started to sweat very badly and was feeling extremely cold. We put a thermometer in my mouth and my temperature was down to 95.1. Almost 4 degrees below normal and healthy temp. At this point I started to panic more than ever. I was very disoriented and dizzy and my vision seemed terrible. Everything was so bright in my house. I don't exactly remember probably because I smoked, but I was having some very vivid and scary "Psychological Hallucinations" I guess I would call them. Not CEVs but perhaps closer to OEVs. I thought I was dying. I actually saw myself going to the hospital and dying only to be on the news the next day for going into shock and dying because of an LSD bad trip. I also thought I had uncovered a psychotic disorder that lied deep in my DNA that LSD brought out of its dormant state. I literally felt like a psychotic patient with Schizophrenia. I kept asking my friend as I was delirious, "Dude what the fuck are we doing right now" or "What did we just do" or "I'm doing the same thing over and over and over again!!!!!". I'm not sure if that was the acid trying to tell me that my every day life was repetitive and cycling, or if I was actually going insane and needed to go to an asylum. Jared wasn't really for the idea of me going to the hospital, and I was totally incapable of making that important decision. Time was going by SOOOOOOOOOO SLOWWWWWW. It was almost 1:00am and I knew that I would probably have to suffer through this for another four hours until the acid wore off. It was I either die in the hospital and be relieved of my bad trip, or I suffer this endless thought loop and fight through it and still maybe die. Jared told me I should shower, but I was horrified by that idea for some odd reason. I felt like the shower was going to burn a hole in me. I tried laying down, only to panic even more and get up to frantically pace again. We went to my computer room because Jared's stupid high ass wanted to show me trippy videos during the scariest time of my whole life. We each sat down in a separate chair and I was tripping terribly. He said something after a few minutes and I snapped out of my trip for a second in which I thought we were outside on the deck but we were actually still in my computer room. I kept being in "multiple places at once" it seemed like. I would do one thing in a separate reality and then snap back into our own reality and totally forget everything I was doing. That would set on more and more panic. I had been clenching my jaw for the last few hours because that's what LSD does to you so my face was very numb making it difficult to feel my body substance which would maybe give me more sense to reality. After more than an hour of total hell and basically unmemorable hallucinations, my friend Jared had to go home and I wasn't about to be left alone so I went with him to his house. He fell asleep almost instantly and I laid/sat up in my sleeping bag next to his bed hoping and praying I would go back to normal soon. I kept Facetiming and calling Brody and Corinne telling them that something was terribly wrong. They asked what was going on and i just didn't know how to answer it. All i said was I was feeling terrible and thinking scary things. They couldn't understand. And here's where more random shit happens and is why I label this night as the most spontaneous and fucked up night of my life. My friend Seb calls me up and knows I'm having a bad trip because he's also with my friend Derrick who was at my house earlier. Turns out Seb and two of my other friends that were with Derrick also decided to trip for their very first time. Like what the fuck is this acid night?!?! Apparently they're all having a great time tripping, which makes me feel even more uneasy about my own mental health considering I'm the only one who had a bad trip out of like 8 other people who took the same LSD tabs. Can't remember what happened between 2am and 4am, I believe just more suffering and waiting and thinking deeply about things. The phone call from Seb came at around 3:50am and he said him and my 3 other friends were going to pick me up from Jared's house because it was the only way my bad trip could be fixed. Somehow this made sense to me. I sent him the address, and they came and picked me up around 4:15am. And yes I realize it isn't a good idea to get in the car when the driver is tripping on acid, but I wasn't about to stay at Jared's house so we left and went back to my house. By this time, my hellish nightmare is over but still lingering a little bit. I tried explaining it to them but they couldn't really understand. Morning came, everyone who tripped was asleep at my house by 9am, except for poor me. I was still wide awake, unable to sleep and seemingly STILL tripping even though my friends took the same tabs 4 hours after I took them. I was still seeing tracers a little bit. My phone background was distorted and moving. I started googling some stuff and was getting very very very paranoid about the possibility of me having either HPPD or some type of psychosis brought upon by LSD. I was scared shitless. Fast forward three days, where I had tried countless times to fall asleep but was never able to get into a deep sleep. It was like my body was afraid of "letting go" and going unconscious. I would start to sleep and then JOLT awake in a panic. I had eaten food and drank water the last two days for recovery and I even told myself I'm never drinking or smoking ever again. I had no desire to anymore, it was the most strange thing. The day after my bad trip, a FedEx person came to the door to deliver a package and it was VERYYYY odd even making human contact with her. It was like I had totally forgot what a normal life was. I even had a hard time keeping eye contact with my own friends. We went out to dinner where my friend works and I wasn't on the same level as everyone else. I felt very uncomfortable and wanted to leave right away. In my "sleep" something very weird kept happening. I would "wake up" like every 20 minutes even though it seemed like I had never been asleep in the first place. Like i would look at the clock and 20 minutes would fly by and it felt like I was awake the whole 20 minutes, only in some sort of trance. I kept doing research and discovered something called "micro-sleep" which matched what was happening to me very well. This continued happening to me for the next 3 weeks and even a couple times the next month. I felt different, like I had changed and I didn't enjoy things like i used to. I wanted to go back to the "pre-acid" time period of my life. I felt like my whole life was ruined. Even now, 4 months later, my head sometimes feels very sensitive for some reason and I'm very flinchy and jumpy. My ears pick up sounds so loudly almost and it makes me flinch. Doors shutting, clapping, yelling, even when music plays in my earbuds and the song plays a clap or a sound. It is hard falling asleep, my hands and arms shake a lot sometimes and even my head sometimes shakes on my pillow when I'm trying to sleep. I regret doing acid but I know there's nothing I can do about it now. I have to live with it. It seems like I've lost control over the guidance voice in my head and it can sometimes get annoying. I still feel like I'm not toally back to normal. Since then, I've smoked weed a few times and had flashbacks and feelings of panic back to my bad trip. Even alcohol makes me feel a little panicky at first and makes me worry about my mental health. The most vivid and intense one was two weeks ago. I took two big dabs and felt a rush of panic. I felt cold again just like during my bad trip. I took my temp, 95.3. I couldn't stop shaking. I was pacing frantically and was disoriented greatly. My heart rate was fast as hell, probably 140 beats per minute. It was strange too, I was actually hearing music in my head as if it was actually there. My mind was creating its own dubstep and songs like Zeds Dead and ODESZA makes. Although I was panicking in the similar thought loop during my bad trip, I was amazed by how good these songs sounded. I wish I could have produced these songs because they would be hits! My eyes were even dilated as if I was on LSD. It may have just been from fear though. All in all, my school performance hasn't gone down really at all. I may even be doing better now in school. I just want to know if ANYONE has experienced anyhting like this and if they dabbed and it has brought them back to the SAME trip as if they were on LSD again. Did I accidentally consume some Research Chemical instead of LSD that lingers in the human brain and interacts negatively with high amounts of THC? Why else would I get brought back to almost the exact same trip only from marijuana? Could I have intracranial hypertension causing my head to be so sensitive and me being so jumpy? Could I have PTSD or maybe even an onset Schizophrenia approaching? Or is it really just useless anxiety stemming out of nowhere causing me to think I'm going crazy? PLEASE READ WHOLE THING AND HELP. I KNOW IT'S LONG!!!! I have heard time and time again that LSD and any type of psychiatric illness, especially anxiety disorders do not mix well at all. Wow how was that for my first post?
Marijuana has triggered LSD flashbacks in me as well. Looking back on it I don't know why I would eat so much acid. On potent acid trips my experiences would vary in different ways. I was either stuck in an LSD induced paralysis for hours while shivering, trying to pick up the pieces to my reality or I'm in the corner freaking out while climbing up the walls. What makes LSD psychologically dangerous is the alteration in thinking patterns. Sometimes it would take up to two weeks for my trip to completely dissipate. Essentially schizophrenics really aren't that different from "normal" people. They just don't fit the social construct when composing their reality. I believe what you consumed was LSD because I have had very similar experiences. I stopped taking drugs though. My favorites were hallucinogens and opiates and I'm in rehab now. Best wishes, Auxiliary