• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad trip on 25i-NBOMe, need help recovering.

rickjamesmilkman

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I'd just like to tell my story. Last summer, I was a somewhat normal teenager who loved his marijuana, and experimenting with other drugs. Prior to my bad trip, I had done L a dozen or so times, and shrooms twice. The drug that caused my bad trip was 25i-NBOMe, where I'm from it's known as SIMBA, so I'm just going to refer to it as that.

I have had a couple of bad trips on L, but I had always recovered after a day or two, with not lasting anxiety or anything. I basically became my old self again; well a more enlightened version albeit, but I was normal again. The other times I had tripped on acid, I had an amazing and beautiful time, and those experiences are still some of the best moments of my life.

So after having dipped my toes into L and shrooms, word got around town that there's this new RC and it's supposed to be a ridiculously wild ride. I've always been open to experiencing new things, and so I thought why not give it a try? I went over to the dudeman's house, and tried it. He made the people hang at his house for their trips, or at least until their come up and shit if they had a ride to wherever after. So I chilled there, and it was an awesome time. A little rocky come up, but it was great. I did it a second time a few months later with my best friend, and we ended up chilling in a gas station for a few hours until we got a ride home, and that too was an amazing experience.

Well the third time, and this is when I had my bad trip, was an odd night. It started out great; my good friend and I picked up a couple of doses, (the guy must have given me more than what was needed, because I had twice what my friend did), and we were driving around trying to figure out what to do that evening. So our friend asked if we wanted to chill at his place since his parents were out of town, so we headed over there and dosed. We were looking for buds to chill with that evening, so after we came up about an hour or two later, and were getting comfortable in our trip, our sober friend drove us to go get some green. We ended up getting an eighth of Super Silver Haze, and that still to this day, has been the best bud I've ever toked. My friend was having a rougher time though on the drive and stuff; like he was smiling really creepily, and I was pretty much fine and enjoying myself. It was his first time tripping, and I wish we'd had waited so he could've enjoyed L, but I was there for him, told him it was all going to be okay, and what have you.

So we went back, took bong rips of SSH, and rolled a blunt, and smoked pretty much the entire eighth, except for a blunt's worth. One of our friends needed a ride back, so my friend drove us to drop him off, and then on the way there, the apartment buildings looked like giant castles, it looked like we were going warp speed in star wars, and I don't know, I just got so freaked out out of nowhere. I gripped my friend's knee so hard I thought that I was going to draw blood. They dropped me off because that's what I asked, and I figured I just needed to go home and lay down and chill out. Well, I remembered how much the guy gave me of Simba, and I started to worry about ODing. Long story short, I ended up being driven to the hospital by a friend, and we sat outside for seven hours while my trip subsided, just in case if I needed to go in there if I was over dosing.

Now a year later, I haven't touched weed, or anything other than cigarettes and liquor. My anxiety is really terrible; if anyone has ever played Skyrim or Fallout, do you know how you can switch between first and third person views? Before my bad trip, I felt like I was living in the third person, and now after, I'm living in the first person, and it really weirds me out.

I suffered from wanting to kill myself shortly after my bad trip, because I was having real troubles distinguishing reality, and what not.

I'd like to start smoking again, but my anxiety is shit. Does anyone have any words of help that can get my anxiety at a lower, more easily controllable level? I'm too poor and don't have health insurance to go see a shrink, and get anti-anxiety meds, which would help a ton I'm sure. But I'd also rather be able to cope with this without drugs, and get back to a normal level, and not have to deal with this loss of reality shit.

Thanks for reading, and if anyone can help me out, you'll forever have my blessings.

I'm not any anti-anxiety meds but I have bad anxiety. Find something to do while you smoke. Like smoke a bowl and play some video games. It helps. Also look into 5-HTP supplements. They seem to make me relaxed.

I've been where you are and all I can say is stay away from weed. Weed can truly be a dangerous drug for mentally unsound people. You are clearly still on the tail end of a psychotic episode and you really don't want to fuck around with psychoactive drugs.

My two cents- seek professional help, look after your mind and body and stay stober.

These things can take years to get over, but you can and will recover.

Check out a book called The Power of Now by Eckharte Tolle. It is an interesting read even if you don't buy into the whole concept it has some really good stuff in there that can help people deal with anxiety.

Good luck my man.

acid and the synth analogs like it are not meant to be taken by those with loose minds, steel trap heads(those with a solid heads on their shoulders) on the other hand can do a week long binder and wake up fine the day after. Hopefully you'll get better but I'd recommend staying away from the psychedels and stick to downers if you must and like catching fish posted stay away from budz

Well, I have said this before Rick a car ride on LSD or really any psychadelic can be a horrible thing. Not being able to move and realization that you are in a steel cage that is teetering on the brink of destruction from mistakes made by really any driver on the road can be the kind of thoughts that creep into your brain.

ANd it aint about the movement, so much as it is a feeling of being trapped. I have been on LSD in water parks and had a blast, but car rides... I always tried to stay away from them for coming up or mid trip. The worst for me was coming into an uber powerful shroom trip where we were kinda kicked out of the place we were ... due to a girl having a bad trip, and her boyfriend needing to take control..... We should have walked but the 5 minute car ride at the time seemed like an OK idea... even though the girl a driver was coming into the trip as welll.... 30 seconds after the car had started to move I was sure I had made a terribly stupid mistake.

we got to the new site no problems, but it was a long 5 mintue ride and I straight up BURST outa that car....

that was when I was still in my teens, and I have never got into a car - sober driver or not since while under the influence of psychadelics.

I don't think it was just 25i

Its very easy for this thing to happen, all you need is a simple thing to freak you out a bit, but once you let the anxiety overcome you that's when the trip gets bad and stays bad. All you had to do while you were tripping is say to yourself "oh, well there's nothing actually wrong, so I'm okay" and change your setting immediately. These tactics work 100% every time for me and all my friends when we're having a difficult moment. I know this wont help you now but its for future reference.
But since it happened already my best advice to you is to not think about it. Remaining conscious of it will keep your anxiety high and it just stays out of your control until you stop thinking, gather your mind, and calm yourself.
Unless you're a hardcore stoner: once you have this kind of traumatic anxiogenic event from bud it will keep happening every time you smoke.
Something I really can't recommend (but it did work for me) is using a psychedelic to reverse this. Psychedelics seem to renew the mind once taken, if something bad happened to you its much easier to clear your mind of it once you take another trip. I once had a bad LSD trip, I had to take a train and a bus for a couple of hours in a large city. This caused a lot of anxiety and paranoia, I kept hearing paranoid things and I was shaky and jumpy, I had this uncomfortable feeling that I just couldn't shake for the rest of the trip, and it followed me into sobriety (only because I kept thinking about it even after I arrived). For the next week I was mildly paranoid and my anxiety was flaring up, which had recently been eliminated through my use of psychedelics. Then next week I smoked DMT and it reset me, I immediately lost my anxiety again once I inhaled. Again I can't recommend this, for some people tripping isn't like that and you may not have as good of a grip on your mind as I do, it may just make the anxiety much worse.

its a bit like a break up....one day it hits you that its been ages since you thought about it, and thats when you know you're over it.

and thats coming from somebody who had a very similar experience and reaction in my late teens, life will distract you and thats all you need IMhumbleO,

Thank you guys. Whenever I was on LSD, and I was going through a little anxious patch, I would tell myself it's all in my head, and you're going to be fine. And that always worked except for one time when I was around really shitty people who came over to my friends house and started to fuck with me.

My best friend at the time before he moved away was more into the scene than I was when I first got into it, and before I had ever done anything more than pot, he gave me tips, things to read, etc, to prepare myself.

The weird thing is, for the two times I had a bad trip on L, there was a cause to it. I don't know if on my 25i trip, if I had smoked too much dank weed, or what, because I was honestly feeling great until we got to that part in the road, and bam it hit me. I wasn't thinking any negative thoughts, and I wasn't feeling anxious at all. Not being able to move in a car and shit seems like a reasonable explanation for it. I don't know. I was honestly grooving to some good tunes, bullshitting with my friends, and I just looked forward and started looking every which way, and it just happened.

Thankfully I have good friends who've helped me cope and recover to this point. Now that I think about it, when I'm in a car I do feel kind of trapped, and crammed in there. I don't think I could use another psychedelic to reset this like you said phantom. It's hard to explain how things look to me and how I feel since this happened. I've talked to my parents and hopefully I'll be seeing a shrink in the next month or two.

And I was just asking if it were a good idea to toke again. I've heard from some people get a good indica strain, and sit in your most comfortable spot, or from others to stay clear like some of you guys have said. It's just kind of shitty when I used to smoke so much, and that was one of the best things to do with my friends. Now it's just kind of annoying to be around a bunch of high people while sober, lol. But my mental health is my top priority, and that's why I haven't smoked in a year.

Hopefully seeking professional help will help me with this. My anxiety has gone down from what it first was when this happened. I'd say that was 100%, and I'm at a 60-70% now, if that makes any sense. I don't have panic attacks that often, maybe once or twice every few weeks to a month. I was just seeing if there were any coping mechanisms you guys know about, because it's really shitty to be that guy who doesn't like to travel at night for concerts, and shit.

About 20 years ago I suffered a bit of anxiety after over doing it on acid. I found weed really made it a lot worse. I stayed off it and all other substances completely for about a year and like the earlier poster said, suddenly realised I was over it. Since then I have been absolutely fine and have been able to take pretty much whatever I like without problem for the last two decades.

Hopefully something similar will happen to you sooner rather than later. But til then try and get healthy physically and see if that helps. Don't keep thinking about the possibility of taking psychoactives again. You might not be able to for years, but that's not really a tragedy. You've explored that side of life already.

About 20 years ago I suffered a bit of anxiety after over doing it on acid. I found weed really made it a lot worse. I stayed off it and all other substances completely for about a year and like the earlier poster said, suddenly realised I was over it. Since then I have been absolutely fine and have been able to take pretty much whatever I like without problem for the last two decades.

Hopefully something similar will happen to you sooner rather than later. But til then try and get healthy physically and see if that helps. Don't keep thinking about the possibility of taking psychoactives again. You might not be able to for years, but that's not really a tragedy. You've explored that side of life already.

I'm only nineteen. I was a pretty solid minded individual, I could handle what I did, and I dunno, it's just this one experience that's fucked with me. This summer it'll be two years. I think I have been dwelling on it; like I expect the worst to happen. I glance around a lot when I'm in car at night, which is what I did when my trip went downhill. I've been a vegetarian since I've stopped smoking pot, and I'm transitioning into veganism, and I've been working out. I feel better mentally since I've been eating way healthier and exercising the last month or so. I've dropped weight, and quit cigs. I'm mainly trying to focus on living in a healthier body.

The idea to start smoking again just popped into my head last weekend when my girlfriend wanted to smoke with some friends. She doesn't all the time, but I was curious about maybe moving this healing process along so I could enjoy it again. I've gotta admit I miss a good spliff every now and then, ahaha.

But I'm glad that I'm not alone on this. Just ever since this happened, I feel like such an old man; like I know what the universe has to offer, at least more so than the average person. It just seems like it's been ages and ages since it happened. I've definitely improved. But like you said if I can't enjoy anything for many years to come, I've enjoyed it quite a bit already in my life, and it's better to look on the brighter side of life.

Last edited:
I feel like such an old man; like I know what the universe has to offer, at least more so than the average person. It just seems like it's been ages and ages since it happened.

1 - 19 is not old.
2 - naaaah you do realise that it was all in your head ? Even if it seemed realer than real that was only because the 'this is significant and meaningful, pay attention' system in your brain was being tickled. You didnt solve the universe, you sat in a car :p
3 - it has been ages
4 - its just like a bad dream, most of the time you forget em straight away, sometimes you're still thinking about it over your morning coffee, no harm done and if anything it can add a bit of colour to an otherwise unremarkable morning.
5 - oh and er yeah, nowt wrong with the odd spliff, you could even say you've earnt it, you've been to the dark side. You shouldnt be scared of pot. Pot should be scared of you

Dude literally the same thing happened to me. Like down to the t man; the questioning reality, feeling weird in the car, the transition from 3rd to 1st person. I found this while looking to see if people had recovered. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

rickjamesmilkman
it's good to have one's confidence shattered.
I think psychedelics should be approached with the sense that we don't know what is going to happen
that we are not in control...
maybe you learned something,
sure it can make you nervous,
but you can use that to learn to be more relaxed in the face of the unknown.
that is the skill required to enjoy psychedelics.