• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad Trip Like An Idiot, Never Going Back

Camron23

Greenlighter
So I have extremely little experience with this stuff, and got into some real trouble the other night. The girlfriend in the past two years has three times suggested we do some good MDMA together, and once I got it myself from another recommended source. All four times have been amazing, really beautiful and intense nights, with the last one about two months ago. But I did unfortunately did little research into the right way to do things -- including the necessity of testing and correct dosing -- which was horribly stupid. I also have few friends into such times, so had few people to ask for recommendations.

So three nights ago, I got some new "MDMA" from what I was told was a reliable source, though it arrived in a bag with a different color than usual from a different person, which should have been a huge warning. Looking at it and taking a little taste, it was yellowish-white, with some shards and some white powder, and tasted just like previous MDMA experiences, though to me it tasted about half as strong as before.

So me and my girl didn't eat all day to prepare, got some music ready, and around 7pm dropped about 250mg each, though I didn't know what the correct dosage was at the time, just that me and my girl had done three "balls" (what is now obviously a gram) across a 12-hour night before and it was intense but manageable, but that one ball each was probably a better upper limit.

What follows is the timeline:

+25 mins: Start feeling a slight euphoria, as if the MDMA rush is about to take off, and my girlfriend's pupils dilate massively, though my eyes remain unchanged
+45 mins: Feel no significant feeling other than a slight pleasure at touching and in the music. My girlfriend is having a great time, though both feel a noticeable sense of anxiety. Take another dose of around 250mg to try to catch up with her.
+75 mins: The girl is feeling terrific, both are feeling extremely loving but not horny or touchy, and both coming down already. My girl suggests we redose. We go for it, and take another 250mg dose. She goes back up, I still do not.

This pattern then continues over the next nine hours, with my girl having a fairly good time, very loving but that's all, no energy and none of the crazy touchy kissing euphoria that comes with the MDMA experiences in the past. I've gotten more and more annoyed with continuing to not feel anything special, and continue to feel the anxiety grow along with the "zappy" effects, and get bingy in an effort to reduce the anxiety and restore the euphoria. I space out the doses to never do more than one an hour, and even then only understand later how ridiculous this idea is.

After taking far, far too many doses and not getting anywhere, I finally get nauseous and realise I've had way, WAY too much. I finally vomit in the bathroom, and try to get a grip. A few symptoms are clear:

* Dilated pupils have finally arrived
* My usually fairly manly-sized penis has shrunk to the size of an acorn
* Both me and my girl are sweating on and off
* Sexual interest and interest in touching have dropped to lifelong lows
* My gut is huge from unreleased gas but can't fart or pee
* Vision is zappy
* For two hours or so whenever I look at the white ceiling I see pink handwriting covering it, first in polish writing, then korean letters, then mathematical equations.

Finally around 8am, four hours after vomiting up my last dose, I begin feeling more normal, the hallucinations disappear, and I regain the ability to pee and fart. Neither me nor my girl are able to sleep all the following day, and finally the following night we get eight hours' sleep, and wake up yesterday better but disengaged from the world. I have been hearing tinnitus ever since, my girl only neck pain. Last night I could only sleep for four hours, though the girl slept fine. Today I feel cold, with the tinnitus still there.

Overall it looks like I ended up taking around 2 grams over 9 hours, while my girl took 800mg or so.

I realise here a few things:
1. I am a goddamn idiot in general and realises he's very lucky
2. I am done with this stuff for good as he clearly can't handle it
2. I am especially an idiot for not researching doses and understanding the need for testing, he understands this
3. I have no idea what he took and isn't looking for anyone to guess, as he's aware that it could be anything, but any suggestions or similar experiences would be welcome
4. I mostly just wanted to share the story for anyone who might stumble across it to further promote awareness of the need for testing

Thanks for reading, any feedback welcome. Would just be great to hear someone say that the chills, tinnitus and disengagement from the world (everything feels like I'm walking through a deserted movie lot now) all do go away eventually.

Last edited:
You took too much of an untested compound, so I can't help you in that regard. All I can tell you is that I once experienced tinnitus after smashing MDMA & 6-APB over 2 days about 7 months ago. It went away after a week or two, but its a sign you really overloaded and smashed your serotonin receptors. Take a leaf out of my book and only roll once every 3-4 months now :)

You took too much of an untested compound, so I can't help you in that regard. All I can tell you is that I once experienced tinnitus after smashing MDMA & 6-APB over 2 days about 7 months ago. It went away after a week or two, but its a sign you really overloaded and smashed your serotonin receptors. Take a leaf out of my book and only roll once every 3-4 months now :)

Yep, probably very good advice. Thanks brotha.

Man, that writing freaked me out. Probably would have thought it was amazing if it didn't come with the deep anxiety.

Last edited:
You two need to rethink your drug use and doses. You are being extremely irresponsible and stupid in EVERY way possible.

If you continue with the same pattern I promise you that one day you will get a horrible adverse reaction.

Good luck.

You two need to rethink your drug use and doses. You are being extremely irresponsible and stupid in EVERY way possible.

If you continue with the same pattern I promise you that one day you will get a horrible adverse reaction.

Good luck.

Yeah, tried to be pretty clear about how much rethinking clearly needs to be (and is being) done, but doesn't hurt to point it out again. There's little doubt that if the same pattern continues that something awful and irreversible will go down. To SilentRoller's point, one way to go is 3-4 months at a minimum before the next try, then only use a tested amount of a very specific dose.

The other option would be to not go back at all. I'm rather liking the latter at the moment.

Darwin wrote about this.

Whoa, that was necessary. Thanks for the contribution. Was trying to admit a massive mistake resulting from gross lack of experience and describe what we learned from it, but if you think we should have died to better the human race, well, thanks for sharing, that will be taken under advisement.

Well, now you know dude. Read up a bit on doses. If you get pure md don't fucking drop .25 again dude. Start with a normal dose of like .12.

Anyway, how are you doing now comedown-wise?

Thanks for the tip. I think I'm staying away from it all for the time being... I'm someone who really likes new experiences, and adored the MDMA nights of the past, but this was one of life's worst experiences to date and not ready to mess with it again.

Doing okay on the comedown. It's day four and I still have the tinnitus but it feels slightly better. Last night I got exhausted before bed for the first time, slept like a baby all night, little groggy today but good. Still have a weird taste/feeling from the stuff (and an odd small rash on my chest) and feel disconnected from the world but feel like it's gonna pass. Knock on wood.

It's gonna pass. But don't freak out if it lasts weeks (++) man. Might not feel entirely like yourself for a couple of months. Just don't freak out if you're on week 4 and still not yourself. "Fuck man, 4 weeks and I'm still fucked. Must have fried my brain" is just gonna lead to anxiety/depression.

Edit: Then again you might be 100% in 2 days.

Whoa, that was necessary. Thanks for the contribution. Was trying to admit a massive mistake resulting from gross lack of experience and describe what we learned from it, but if you think we should have died to better the human race, well, thanks for sharing, that will be taken under advisement.

I don't think you "should" have died at all. However if you IMMENSE stupidity in the opening post had led to your death then it's a perfect example of natural selection. Nothing personal, just a fact.

You could have your own entry here: http://www.darwinawards.com/

"Camron decided to take MDMA, after an initial dose twice the recommended amount of an unknown compound and feeling nothing, he decided to do it 7 more times."

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha. You're just agreeing with #1 above and taking it further into the realm of "death humor". Got it, thanks. Overdose fatalities -- always funny stuff.

Oof. Stories like this make me cringe.

Taking massive doses of (whatever, let's guess MDMA), all it does is increase your tolerance to the drug, sometimes permanently, while increasing the toxicity of the drug, which is MINIMAL when taken responsibly.

For a new kid, I'd say 120-150 mgs, followed MAYBE by a 50-60mg redose two hours later. That's how it's always been done, rollers all errywhere say that's how to do it. Dating back to the days when it was being used as an adjunct to psychotherapy.

Two grammes over a night? That would have lasted me MONTHS when I was rolling. I never had any comedown problems like the new rollers experience.

Rest. Hydrate. Eat WELL. Exercise, mildly. The tinnitus is probably nothing but if it's an inner ear disturbance you have to watch your balance.

PEACE, child. Glad you learned, so sorry you learned the hard way.

It's ok man, everybody makes stupid mistakes. Just the other day, in a drunken stupour, I decided to pick up a random bag of drugs off of a club toilet floor and eat the whole lot, because I thought it was mine and had fallen out of my wallet, when in fact I'd just given my bag to my friend 10 minutes prior. I can't remember much of that night but I gurned and sweated so hard people were actually scared about me. Luckily I came out unscathed the other end.

Things you can do to feel better: eat healthy, exercise and take 5-HTP/ multivitamins (if you have it). You'll feel better with time, you just made a silly mistake. Learn from it and always research the drugs you want to take before taking them.

Just a side note, remove the SWIM from your post - it's against our forum guidelines (yes, we know it's you!).

Thanks, JWills, that helps. Damn - your story sounds potentially far more terrifying. Eating healthy now, gonna destroy the gym tonight, already taking the 5-HTP and multis.

Thanks guys. Far from 100% but already starting to get back together.

Thanks, JWills, that helps. Damn - your story sounds potentially far more terrifying. Eating healthy now, gonna destroy the gym tonight, already taking the 5-HTP and multis.

Thanks guys. Far from 100% but already starting to get back together.

Haha yep, I failed hard and I pride myself on my HR philosophies. We all make mistakes, even experienced users who know what they're doing. Luckily it was probably just a very high dose of MDMA or some stimulant. I recovered within a few days, I'm sure you can as well. No need to ponder on it, just move on.

Luckily it was probably just a very high dose of MDMA or some stimulant. I recovered within a few days, I'm sure you can as well. No need to ponder on it, just move on.

Well, I also got pretty lucky -- it was good that while I megadosed, they were each still spaced 1+ hours apart -- so I'm okay due to seeing the bad reaction coming and being able to cut if off in time. But it was still mostly about luck -- if it was some random drug that kicks in hard after two hours I might be dead. The good thing out of it was that I've learned some serious lessons. For you -- maybe try to stay away from floor drugs. ;)