View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

bad trip 'Dulled down' my personality

goose182

Greenlighter
Hi guys so about a month ago me and my mates (I'm 19 btw) tried truffles. They were great, there was an hour of like intense buzz and then about 4 hours of just feeling really chilled and mellow. about 6 hours after taking the truffles (there were still some visuals, but they were minor) we did some weed and this turned the trip to the complete opposite. My head was spinning and just had really bad thoughts and just felt like shit. It really annoyed me as the truffles alone were great but after i smoked it really put me down. Since then, its hard to explain, but i feel like my personality is dulled down like when i laugh or am scared for example, the feeling isnt as strong as it used to be if that makes any sense. it also feels like theres a weight on my head and the more i think about it the more it brings me down.
Since its only a minor change in my personality I'm not sure if its all just in my head and I'm over thinking it which is causing me to feel down, or if the truffles and weed have genuinely changed my personality. If that is the case if anyone has had a similar experience or just knows what I'm on about, will my personality go back over time or is this it? any advice would be massively helpful.
Sorry if I've made no sense but this is the best i can explain my current situation. Thanks:)

Most likely trippin yourself out. The mind/brain thing we humans have going on is powerful.

Advise would to abstain from recreational drug use. Also good food, water, exercise, and rest.

you learnt they dont mix well with weed. sometimes trips do mix well with cannabis but ussually its hash and not in large amounts either(something mellow and grounding that doesn't make you feel spun out). weed and the drymouth and panic feeling that sometimes accompanies combined with tripping can make something mellow become anxious and daunting.

sometimes in life less is more

of course your personality will change slowly day by day but when you had this experience it changed a significant amount quickly. thats why its so noticable but give it time and it will do the small daily changes many times so it will gradually improve

all i can say is sometimes you have to believe you can improve mentally for you to improve mentally.

nothing is more self fulfilling than your mind

though I like cannabis, I have to admit it is a dulling influence on mood and personality while spiking sensations and feelings in a psychedelic way.

I think the perspective you got from the truffles was good in the sense that it showed you how you became duller with smoking.