View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

bad mushroom trip/ crazy mind

danjenks44

Greenlighter
ive had two mushroom trips in my lifetime, im only 18 and the first time i was 16. the first time i done it it was one of the most profound, most eye opening experiences of my life. i felt one with the world completely happy for months after. i went out for walks and felt bliss when around nature. its also completely stopped me from smoking weed it opendend my eyes to what it was doing to me and my family around me. so bassically it was the best thing that happend to me at the time. i started meditating ect.. became very spiritual.

Since then ive had a massive break from any psychedelic use. coming up to my 18th birthday i started taking mdma, since then ive been taking mdma every week for about 8 months on and off of course but it has beena problem.
i feel like my whole brain has been rewired since then i cant smoke weed i have weird things going on inside my head.

i decided to take mushrooms again seeking that inner touch with the outside demiensions,, ext..

it all started off blissfully felt like i was getting to the other dimensions. then im not sure what happend, my whole brain started to go crazy. i felt like i was never going to come back. i started having weird flashing images of my face all distorted and staring completely negative thinking. i thought i was going to go insane and never come back, i thought i needed a straight jacket.

after i started coming down it felt like i had taken 5 pills and was on a comedown. couldnt speak a work and couldn't think properly. i felt completely wired out of my brain, which i know for a fact isnt normal for a mushroom trip.

Iknow mushroom trips are ment to be blissfull ect... even if you have a bad trip you come back to reality feeling great.

I woke up today feeling completely normal like nothing happend just deppressed about the night before. and i know after mushrooms people feel completely changed and amazing the next day and weeks to come.

basically i was wondering if anyone have had similar experiences to me and if mdma could have completely ruined my head for any pyscedelic use. ive missed spirituality i want to get back in touch with that inner peace ect..
dotn really no what els to say, any comments would be cool to read through for support.
CHeers guys!

take a long break from MDMA. sounds like that is the source of your psychological unrest

Probably the most sensible advice would be eat healthy, exercise, try and avoid all drugs (even alcohol), and maybe start meditating. You just need to ground yourself, and allow your body and brain to recover and return to its baseline state. That's quite a lot of MDMA you've taken, your serotonin system will probably be unbalanced in some way, and that will be why you're feeling strange, and other psychedelics or cannabis will exaggerate this. I've experienced it myself. You will be fine, just look after yourself, and be patient.

Probably the most sensible advice would be eat healthy, exercise, try and avoid all drugs (even alcohol), and maybe start meditating. You just need to ground yourself, and allow your body and brain to recover and return to its baseline state. That's quite a lot of MDMA you've taken, your serotonin system will probably be unbalanced in some way, and that will be why you're feeling strange, and other psychedelics or cannabis will exaggerate this. I've experienced it myself. You will be fine, just look after yourself, and be patient.

Alright brilliant thanks for the advice! im really fascinated by the psychedelic experience and the whole logic behind it ect.. i really want to be able to experience them again in a normal way. what would you advice not do any drugs for a few years then maybe try and find that inner journey through psychedelics again?

I'd give the same advice, with the observation that I find a six hour meditation to be at least as psychedelic as a moderate dose of LSD.
Certainly avoid anything that plays heavily on serotonin receptors, which pretty much rules out MDMA and the classical psychs, for a good long (like years) time.

I'd give the same advice, with the observation that I find a six hour meditation to be at least as psychedelic as a moderate dose of LSD.
Certainly avoid anything that plays heavily on serotonin receptors, which pretty much rules out MDMA and the classical psychs, for a good long (like years) time.

alright cool, thanks for the advice guys!

Good advice thus far, I agree. Also, the feeling like you're insane and will never come back is a common place to go sometimes in trips, and it tends to cause a lot of anxiety. Powerful anxiety can have a huge range of effects on your perception and the way you feel. I've been there, and had terrifying experiences, or rather, parts of those experiences were terrifying. If you can breathe and remember that you WILL come back, it's quite possible to move past these temporary states and continue having a good trip. I'm sure the extreme amount of MDMA has caused it to be harder to deal with experiences like that than it would be otherwise.