• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bad heroin on Vancouver streets has killed two women, police warned

spini4

Bluelighter
Potentially fatal heroin being sold on Vancouver streets has killed two women and landed another person in hospital with serious side-effects, police warn.

All three incidents occurred in the past four days.

The two women, aged 19 and 26, died last Thursday and Friday night after being found about a block apart in southeast Vancouver.

One woman was found in a suite in the 2400-block of Kingsway between Nanaimo and Slocan Street while the other was found behind a gas station at the corner of Kingsway and Nanaimo.

Police are awaiting toxicology results.

“Potentially three incidents in four days is very worrisome for us,” said Const. Lindsey Houghton.

“You’ll recall back in 2005 in the span of three weeks we had 10 deaths from heroin overdoses.”

“We don’t know if this is just ‘bad heroin’, or if it’s cut with something. If it has some unknown substance in it, or if it’s extra pure.”

So the VPD is warning drug users to be extremely cautious and use the services of INSITE, which has medical personnel on hand that can help if there are problems.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/heroin+V...+police+warn/4122940/story.html#ixzz1BQ6w1096

Rad more at: http://www.theprovince.com/news/fraser-valley/heroin+hits+Vancouver+streets/4122940/story.html

The latest batch of dope my friend picked up in Vancouver has a strange effect on him, cooks up and shoots fine but then a rash starts developing and spreading around the injection site right away, and his whole body gets really weak for a solid while after. He isn't doing crazy doses either, and apparently has never had this kind of reaction before.

I snorted a little bit of it and thought it was A-OK, but there ya go.

^ Sounds like a histamine reaction from a partial miss to be honest the way you're describing it.

Why do people cook up powder? Cooking up powder only makes the cuts dissolve into the water moreso than if just put water on the heroin and stirring it a bit,and then drawing it up into the syringe. I never cook up powder, always let it dissolve and any thing left in the spoon is normally cut, so I do not want to heat it up and thereby dissolving the cut into the solution.

^I know, I've told him that, he seems to think you need to cook it to get 100% of the active into the water. He cooks OCs and shit up too.

Also, I suggested the idea of a histamine reaction but he says that's not what's been happening. Honestly though buddy's arms are like swiss cheese by now, all scarred etc, so maybe he is missing and not realizing it

I dunnno how they have 2 OD's and it must be bad dope, maybe they just ODed of normal dope? That's completely possible...

“We don’t know if this is just ‘bad heroin’, or if it’s cut with something. If it has some unknown substance in it, or if it’s extra pure.”

repetitious? bad heroin, cut heroin, and having an unknown substance in it are all describing the same damn thing lol

There are two options, a super strong batch, or a poorly cut one

R.I.P. girls =(

can we ask where to get dope in vancouver? is that allowed? or can someone tell me where to look? Its for school

^ no
Read the BLUA.

@Dragynfyre, I think the copper was just reiterating and elaborating upon the difference between a dangerous cut/misrpesentation (such as fentamyl or an analogue thereof) and uncharacteristically pure stuff hitting the streets.
IMO very different things; even if for these unfortunate women, the result was the same sad demise.

How can there be 'bad' heroin? I imagine some of the shit sold to people may barely be heroin but it's either heroin or it isn't...

can we ask where to get dope in vancouver? is that allowed? or can someone tell me where to look? Its for school

Vancouver has got to be among the easiest places in the world to find heroin. We can't tell you here, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Yes, school. Suuuurrrre.

Anyways, with situations like this I sometimes find it hard to believe that HAT was scratched, but then I look at the track record of the health minister.
Fuuuuck sakes people are dying because of a complete inability to recognize harm reduction practices as being effective.
Or from the more likely perspective, not wanting to advocate a practice that a large majority of the actively voting population doesn't agree with based on information.
I mean the HAT trials showed to be very promising while they were in operation

I mean the HAT trials showed to be very promising while they were in operation

There is still a trial in progress, actually! Heroin and hydromorphone are being compared to see whether the latter can be an appropriate substitute for the former as a maintenance drug.

I think this is a great idea. If the hydromorphone turns out to be a decent substitute, it will be much easier to get clearance for it as a legal maintenance treatment, given that it doesn't have the stigma that heroin does.