• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad experience with legitimate MDMA, any advice?

MollyCocktail

Greenlighter
I got the pill I took lab tested before using it, so I know it was only MDMA with no adulterants.

I took only half of a pill. Apparently it was quite a weak one. But the effects were not what I expected. I've taken pills once before but had a much speedier feel, with a sense of "invincibility" and immense confidence.

This time though, I did not really feel any more confident, I didn't really feel that uninhibited either. In fact I feel more uninhibited on alcohol. Once I had already broken the ice with people I was able to talk easier than normal, but I didn't feel confident to start talking to strangers. I felt some similarity in that it was easier to feel rapport with people, but all of the "alpha" Superman feelings were absent.

Also instead of having a lot of energy, I was basically "stoned", and just wanted to sit down staring blankly. I didn't clench really, my eyes didn't really twitch.

After a few hours I started to become quite unwell. I felt as though my temperature was starting to get too high, although I was experiencing chills. I'd already drank quite a bit of water, so I didn't know whether to drink more to cool down, or to not drink and potentially overheat. I ended up just buying a big bottle of water and constantly pouring it all over my head. I left at this point and got a cab. I briefly thought I saw someone from the club in the passenger seat of the cab looking at me before realizing nobody was there, and felt dizzy when I got out. Eventually I was back to normal.

Is it likely that the pills I had in the past were not MDMA? Or perhaps just a higher dose of MDMA? I never overheated last time or suffered any bad effects, and experienced a sense of social invincibility. The come up was also stronger last time, more of a "rush"ing sensation, and on the comedown I saw the carpet pattern morphing. I had drank some alcohol the night I used last time.

Last edited:
When you say you lab tested the pills, do you mean that you sent a sample to the lab and the lab said it was MDMA?

We have been talking about this extensively in a few other threads. Basically, what some users are noticing is that there is MDMA on the market today that produces a less-desirable effect. It is slower, less euphoric, less rushy, less invincible. Some people (like me) feel sick from it. Pupils do not seem to dilate on it. But the lab shows that it is MDMA. In contrast, the "good" MDMA makes you feel euphoric and empathetic and the comeup/peak is more intense. The lab also shows that this is MDMA.

We don't know what the answer is, but theorize that there is something chemically different between the two substances that the lab is not picking up on.

Can’t it just be that the set and setting just varied too much and there was a nostalgy involved when comparing to first rolls?

When you say you lab tested the pills, do you mean that you sent a sample to the lab and the lab said it was MDMA?

We have been talking about this extensively in a few other threads. Basically, what some users are noticing is that there is MDMA on the market today that produces a less-desirable effect. It is slower, less euphoric, less rushy, less invincible. Some people (like me) feel sick from it. Pupils do not seem to dilate on it. But the lab shows that it is MDMA. In contrast, the "good" MDMA makes you feel euphoric and empathetic and the comeup/peak is more intense. The lab also shows that this is MDMA.

We don't know what the answer is, but theorize that there is something chemically different between the two substances that the lab is not picking up on.

Oh wow that's interesting if true. Personally my eyes did dilate. But yeah I didn't feel any confidence boost at all really which is kind of strange. I only felt about as uninhibited to approach strangers as I do on 2 vodkas, and felt really mellow, didn't want to get up to dance etc. In Ibiza I didn't want to dance either but I was acting very speedy darting my head around, talking super fast, constantly bouncing my leg to the music etc. The whole reason I took it is to try and re-experience that social invincibility. I thought perhaps I just took too low of a dose this time, I didn't know about this.

I saw some others online reporting on the same pill saying it was super weak, and saying the high didn't last very long for them.

And yes that's correct, I sent the sample to a lab and they said it was MDMA with no other drug detected in the sample.

Can’t it just be that the set and setting just varied too much and there was a nostalgy involved when comparing to first rolls?

Nah I doubt it was only the setting, the come up last time was very strong rushing from my feet up to my head and totally stripped me of ALL inhibition the second it hit my head. This one was a very mild rush in my head only, and my inhibitions were still high.

From your description of the effects, it may have been that the first time you took something given to you as MDMA might not have been MDMA, or maybe it was MDMA but mixed with something else....
But then again we will never know one way or the other as set and setting can really make difference, as well as experiences with other drugs in between, in case you had any.
And also what Indigoaura said would fit.

100%

I have had this experience was so sick puked etc wasn't nice at all

From your description of the effects, it may have been that the first time you took something given to you as MDMA might not have been MDMA, or maybe it was MDMA but mixed with something else....
But then again we will never know one way or the other as set and setting can really make difference, as well as experiences with other drugs in between, in case you had any.
And also what Indigoaura said would fit.
This is the pill I had in Ibiza. August 2016:
<<taken out>>

I also drank "pills" from a water bottle someone gave to me, but the effects hit me like 15 minutes after so most likely it was the first pills I took an hour before kicking in. I only used like a quarter of the <<taken out>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I had to take out the part where you mentioned what pill you have MollyCocktail, we don't allow drug identification or pill discussion in this section I'm afraid. If you want to discuss a specific pill (only pills, no crystals or capsules) you can go over to the pillreports discussion forum, where pill identification & discussion is allowed

I got the pill I took lab tested before using it, so I know it was only MDMA with no adulterants.
I took only half of a pill. Apparently it was quite a weak one. But the effects were not what I expected. I've taken pills once before but had a much speedier feel, with a sense of "invincibility" and immense confidence.
Much of today's "MDMA" is non lovey-dovey, non-euphoric, non-sexual, non-conversational and it doesn't cause full Mydriasis and can deceive basic professional lab analytic techniques (there are 23 different MDMA-like substances with the same molecular mass of 193g/mol) ...however good old 3,4-MDMA is still being manufactured occasionally.

There is an entire thread devoted to this. See here and here

Yea indigo that sounds eerily similar to the product you've come across. Mongy with a side of nasty physical sickness..

While it's hard to say for sure what you took the first time, I'd say your first experience lines up with legit product from the sounds of it... Hard to know.

-GC