View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad DMT experience

theabyss

Greenlighter
Okay, I'm not really sure where to start, but I guess I will figure it out.
Every time I have ever done DMT I had very memorable... very magical experiences. A little over three months ago my best friend (we will call her Craig) passed away. Prior to her death I had not done DMT in years. Against better judgment, I decided to do DMT to see if I could get in contact with her (this was three days after she had passed). Much to my surprise, I think I was able to. I can't necessarily describe what I saw, but I believe it was some sort of soul society. I was just walking along a street and people were passing me. They would look at me like they knew why I was there, but they wouldn't talk. I felt like Craig was walking next to me; I didn't see her, but I felt energy. I didn't have to looo for her, she was just there. I came back into consciousness and immediately started crying. It wasn't because it was a bad experience, I was just overwhelmed.
Fast forward to last night... I had decided to do DMT at every stage of mourning, last night was the second time I had done it since she passed. I am pretty sure I was in the same place as I was before, but it appeared to be some much bigger than before. I knew I was there looking for Craig so I started calling out for her. Unlike the time before she wasn't immediately with me. I began walking down the street and I felt as if I was getting closer. Once I felt like I was about to locate her something caught my attention by force. I tried to walk away and continue to find Craig, but it wouldn't let me. Then I began to feel her presence, but she still wasn't with me. I just needed to go with this thing and it would take me to her. The thing is, whatever it was was really bad. Every time I tried to break free it would pull me closer, it wouldn't let me say no. It was confusing me, but I was still repeating Craig's name. I started to ger a little clarity and I realized what was happening. I tried so hard to open my eyes, but the thing wouldn't let me. Every time I had ever blasted off I had been able to open my eyes when I wanted to. Even after I had forced my eyes open it was still trying to get me to go back. This time around I was crying as well - not because I was overwhelmed, but because I was utterly mortified. I can genuinely say that is the most scared I have ever been.

So why am I posting this?
1. I just need outside perspective, because right now I am terrified.
2. I feel like something bad might've happened to Craig, and I don't know if I should go back and try to find out what. I don't want to go back, but I need to know she's okay.

I hate that I am afraid to do it again. I think DMT is beautiful and has a huge spiritual impact, I just don't know what to do.

Last edited:
To me it sounds like you're playing a dangerous game, if what you're experiencing is the real deal, anyway. Just know that death is safe, but if you try to keep visiting her, she may find it difficult to leave behind this world. It sounds like if you continue this path, you're just going to hold your own grieving process up. I'd say that if you absolutely must attempt to have another experience like this, make sure to get your closure next time around. Anyway, I'm not the most experienced with DMT but if you need someone to talk to I'm well-versed in spiritual use of psychedelics, and I'm always here if you want to PM me, even just to vent about the situation.

As cryptic said your playing with the unknown there. DMT isn't a drug It's a journey of life, your life let go and enjoy it

Well... having experienced powerful, soul-imprinting events myself, I recommend that you give it time, then. Take a break, and allow your subconscious to ruminate on it. You'll know when you are ready again.

i am one of the believe that DMT actually does put you in a spirit world where you are communicating with others from other dimensions. While some spirits may mean no harm, negative ones wil attach to yoiu. Be careful with that because they can and will followyou back.