• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bad combination? racing heart, im fucked... Plz help!!

thewayjoshis

Bluelighter
I snorted 30mg of addy XR 7 hours ago. Just now i smoked a bowl of bud and had a cig. My heart rate is twice as fast as its supposed to be and i can feel it pounding the fuck outta my chest like never before has with weed. I know its not laced, cuz its in the same dub as i have smoked for the past 3 days and ive had no problems. Im about to take my daily dose of geodon. Bad idea? Im i in trouble rn? Please help asap!! :(

1. Stay calm
2. Go to ER/doctor if really worried
3. Geodon and Adderall are prescribed together but Geodon can very rarely cause heart issues. It may be wise to wait until your HR decreases or you get checked out.
4. 1 and 2 are more important than 3.

Did for me but there are so many variables both in people and strains of cannabis these days, I could only speculate.

I don't want to say this is a good idea because I'm no doctor..but if it were me I think I might either try a benzo or some alcohol.

I'm NOT saying that is the right thing to do cause I'm not a doctor, but there was a time several years ago where I'd had way too much caffeine and smoked some weed and my heart started racing like crazy and because I have asthma I confused the racing heart with asthma and used my inhaler which was a BAD idea because albuterol is also a stimulant.

Then I thought I was going to need go to the hospital cause my heart was racing so fast but I drank some red wine and it relaxed me and I felt better.

I assume that something similar MIGHT work with adderall + weed or even better if you have a benzo I think that MIGHT help.

OP: Yes, what happened to you is very normal because adderall is a stimulant and weed also has stimulant properties and weed by itself makes some people anxious so that combo could really make someone speedy as hell.

Honestly, I think a beer or two or a LOW dose of a benzo might be able to help you...but again, I'm no doctor.

Ok. I dont have any benzos but i have access to ambien. Would that have a similar affect? Cuz i know ambien is similar to a benzo. And damn that must have been scary as hell. And yea i do feel pretty speedy...

Ok. My heart rate calmed down just a tad but now my chest hurts... U think ima be fine?

No one say for sure but I'm guessing you'll probably be ok.

Maybe have a couple beers (not too many) and see if you feel better, I bet it would help and that's probably what I'd do in that situation.

Ok. I dont have any benzos but i have access to ambien. Would that have a similar affect? Cuz i know ambien is similar to a benzo. And damn that must have been scary as hell. And yea i do feel pretty speedy...

I don't know, Ambien is a bit stronger and is a sleeping pill.

I don't feel comfortable recommending that because I don't know enough about that kind of thing.

I think something more mild like a couple beers or a couple shots would have fewer side effects.

Liquor would probably be best cause you could just take 3 shots really fast and my guess is it would calm you down but I don't know.

No one say for sure but I'm guessing you'll probably be ok.

Maybe have a couple beers (not too many) and see if you feel better, I bet it would help and that's probably what I'd do in that situation.
I could have a beer or two though... I havent drank since i was put on geodon, so you think thats safe?

It is ziprasidone, an atypical antipsychotic, and as with most centrally acting meds, alcohol would be advised against. But I doubt a beer would do much.

Also Ambien may have some action but really not the same as benzos for anxiety.

It is ziprasidone, an atypical antipsychotic, and as with most centrally acting meds, alcohol would be advised against. But I doubt a beer would do much.

Also Ambien may have some action but really not the same as benzos for anxiety.
Someone said they got drunk on geodon and had no problems. I just looked it up. I think ima take a few beers then and hopefully ima be fine

Sometimes things like benadryl can also help because they can relax a person, but I also don't know if that's safe.

OP: If you aren't sure about interactions I'd just try to calm down.

Maybe a warm bath might lower blood pressure...but I also don't know if that's advised.

Has the Adderall worn off yet??

My guess is that once it does you'll be in less danger...and weed only lasts like a couple hours, so with time you'll probably feel better I'm guessing.

Someone said they got drunk on geodon and had no problems. I just looked it up. I think ima take a few beers then and hopefully ima be fine

Just don't have too many just in case.

Just enough for a mild buzz, don't get drunk in case theirs an interaction.

Dude just chill! Don't go adding shit if your already in distress. Just relax, maybe make some hot cocoa with some warm milk or something. This to shall pass my friend. Those fuckin Addies fucked me up the other day too so I feel ur pain bro. Just relax and watch some tv or surf the web and get ur mind off of it. You'll be brand new in no time and that shit will be outta ur system. Take care man and I hope u start to feel better soon...

Also, snorting Adderall XR is dicey. Even if you crush the beads you probably dont get it all and it will retain the extended release.

Sometimes things like benadryl can also help because they can relax a person, but I also don't know if that's safe.

OP: If you aren't sure about interactions I'd just try to calm down.

Maybe a warm bath might lower blood pressure...but I also don't know if that's advised.

Has the Adderall worn off yet??

My guess is that once it does you'll be in less danger...and weed only lasts like a couple hours, so with time you'll probably feel better I'm guessing.
Ok i will do some quick research about benedryl interactions with addy/weed and prolly take 25mg of benedryl. My mind pretty much gave up on trying to make me freak out over it and i think ima prolly be fine. I feel like im spamming the forums for no reason right now just cuz im tweekin. Sorry if i wasted anyones time, i get very paranoid sometimes naturally and i tend to do things i later regret. Thank you so much for your time tho, at least i feel more comfortable that someone said i will prolly be fine. Thank you again, and you too kittycat. Should i post here if things get worse? Cuz my chest still hurts

Dude just chill! Don't go adding shit if your already in distress. Just relax, maybe make some hot cocoa with some warm milk or something. This to shall pass my friend. Those fuckin Addies fucked me up the other day too so I feel ur pain bro. Just relax and watch some tv or surf the web and get ur mind off of it. You'll be brand new in no time and that shit will be outta ur system. Take care man and I hope u start to feel better soon...
Ight thanks for calming my nerves man. I get paranoid naturally when things aren't normal unless i was the one to make things not normal so basically i was just tweakin n i kinda feel bad for spamming or wasting ppls time... :/