Mental Health Bad 1p-lsd trip that resulted in a lethargic-like state

anon223

Greenlighter
Hello! I don't think my story will be particularly original. I'm a student; I was filled with ideas of progressive liberalism; I felt adventurous; I wanted to try lsd. Being the timid and antisocial person that I am, I was never able to find a dealer, so I resorted to buying a research chemical, 1P-LSD. The day I received it, I wanted to microdose, just to see what's it like. I had no plans of taking a big dose then - after all, I had responsibilities on the following day, including a phone job interview. Well, long story short, I took 200ug of that stuff, thinking that it was just ordinary paper and that I'd been scammed. Big mistake obviously. What resulted was (after the intense LSD-like phase with time distortion and hallucinations and all that) a state of paranoia, panic and confusion. I was stressing out big time. I even called the ambulance on myself, but after checking my blood and so on at the hospital, they simply discharged me, saying that I need to just wait it out. I tried waiting it out. I was still confused and paranoid and I kept having this smell hallucination, but I tried to rationalise the whole thing. I kept telling myself that it's just the drug affecting my brain, that everything is not a simulation, that there aren't "mistakes in the matrix." Long story short, I came very close to killing myself, but I sat down and wrote everything down and thought about it. That was when I managed to finally calm myself down and fall asleep. All that took place in the span of almost 3 days. Obviously, I was awake throughout those days.

On the following morning I still felt a little shaken up, but mostly fine. I still had weird thoughts, and I also had that smell hallucination from before. I bought myself a PS4 game, I ate junk food, I tried cheering myself up. Making myself fall asleep unfortunately became very difficult, and on two days I resorted to drinking alcohol to make myself pass out. I also tried taking Nytol, the sleeping pills (not in conjunction with alcohol), but I still couldn't fall asleep, and they were making me feel very lethargic and mentally fatigued after sleepless nights of twisting and turning. About a week has passed since then. I couldn't sleep much during most nights. My interview was rescheduled to Tuesday, I've got a lot of exams coming up, and I feel like I might have a panic attack any moment. However, I do feel relatively calm right now.I'm not sure how to describe what I'm feeling right now. I've researched depesonalisation, and I suppose it's something like that, but not really. I still twist and turn a lot when I'm trying to fall asleep, but I think I've been getting around 6 hours of sleep the past 2 nights. Throughout the day, when I get up, I just feel kind of lethargic. I can't concentrate on things, I'm feeling tired even after sleeping. There's a kind of heaviness in my eyes. What I'm experiencing sounds terribly like adrenal fatigue, but apparently the fact that it's even a valid symptom is controversial. I don't see any hallucinations, no floaters, nothing like that, just a weird state of fatigue. I know that I need to revise for my exams, but I just can't seem to digest what the lecture notes are saying.

I uh... So, I suppose I have two questions.

1) People who have experienced this before, what have you done to get rid of it? How can I lessen the effect of this lethargy?
2) If I go to my local GP and tell them what happened to me and what I did, is there a chance that they might call the police? I live in the UK, but I'm a European citizen. The ban on research chemicals and legal highs has been delayed as far as I know.

Come to think of it, it might be severe sleep deprivation. For the past 10 days or so I've slept once for 11 hours and then around 3 - 6 hours on all other days.

I've been an active reader of this forum for while but I felt compelled to register and respond after reading this. What you are describing is EXACTLY what I am dealing with right now so I am hoping you'll respond.

You said you took about 200ug, well it was my first time wth LSD analog (also 1p-LSD sourced from a reputable online RC supplier) so I took a microdose, maybe 20ug. This is hardly anything, I did not trip, but about 4 hours and not feeling much of anything I decided to have some coffee and when in to a state of panic I've never felt before. I had to call my wife and have her take care of me, if not for her I would've gone to the hospital.

Here we are, exactly 5 weeks later and I still am having panic attacks, adrenaline surges, inconsistent sleep, fatigue, etc.. Some days I am just living in a low level state of anxiety that I know is just the fear of panic. Some days it kills my productivity entirely.

The bad days have become less frequent but the bad days can be really bad, I have the full array of what you dealt with. Obsessive, compulsive, anxious behavior and some very intrusive dark thoughts.

It looks like you had this happen a couple months before me so I am curious how you are doing. I really hope you see this and can take the time to give me some feedback. If anybody else has any insight on this it would be much appreciated.

I've always operated in an OCD like state but I have always been well in control of it and never felt it escalate to any type of panic or anxiety like this. I've done mushrooms before many times and never had anything but wonderfully, positive experiences that have enhanced my life. I feel like this RC has unlocked something and on the bad days I get this sense of dread that it's not going to go away and it's a very difficult state to be in. Wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.