• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen.....wtf?

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience with this and what's their thoughts...for a muscle relaxer...DAMN. Just wanna hear other people's accounts of it.

took two of the highest strength once... felt nothing. that was my experiance.

It made me feel very sleepy, but not very effective as a muscle relaxer. If I was going to recommend a muscle relaxer, it would be tizanidine (zanaflex). Neither has any high like qualities.

Its basically the same as Phenibut. Higher doses cause muscle relaxation combined with some intense horniness. I found high doses also made me crave stimulants like coke and crack. When you take it the first 4-5 hours are relaxing then the gaba b agonism wears off and you get a PEA rebound that is stimulating.

Although there is muscle relaxing effects there is also this weird head and body feel that can sometimes be uncomfortable and not enjoyable..

Baclofen def works for alcohol cravings.

My advice is to not go over 60 mg's and do not take for more than a few days to avoid possible withdrawals.

stay away from phenibut if you can!
I had 200g of it and I ended up just flushing around 150g of it cause the withdrawals were so bad

The worst prescription pill, followed by lyrica but at least when I took lyrica I never felt like throwing up. EVERY SINGLE time I've take baclofen anywhere from 10mg-30mg/day, the next day the first thing in the morning was a violent vomiting repertoire. I was put on Baclofen when I was prescribed Soma - carisoprodol by my doctor only to be told by every single pharmacy that only a couple months prior they had been taken off the market completely!

Now Soma, that is my favorite drugs of all time, its most definitely within the top 5, right after opioids, better than even amobarbital. To me next to oxy, this is the best pill ever made - mind you I never tried GHB, Placidyl, or Mandrax, nor any barb stronger than amobarbital though besides those pretty much everything else. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the shittiest pill ever made has so far been Baclofen!

It's one of those weird drugs that affect varying people so differently. I can take 3 grams of phenibut and it hardly does a thing, so I gave up.

It does next to nothing on the nervous system, reports say it releases and small amount of GABA but not enough to get a "buzz".

It's really nice as long as u don't take too much and don't trip for more then I few hours because u will become sick of the delay in a way vision but u have no anxiety in the world and feel nice

I guess I am one of the "weird" people that gets euphoria from Baclofen. Well in the beginning I did anyway.
First let me start by saying before I ever took Baclofen, I have been taking adderall 30 IR (3 X daily) for the past 10 years. And I take 2mg Xanax every night to sleep (for the past 5 years)
i ordered some Baclofen, I don't even remember why. And I took 20mg and felt nothing. Then I heard somewhere about phenibut. So I ordered some, and the phenibut hit me fast and hard. Had weird hypo mania euphoria. Was super focused and literally cleaned the entire 2nd floor of my house (where I had put all the junk for the past 2 years)
But after 2 days of phenibut, decided to take a break and my body felt like it had been hit by a Mac truck and all my energy was zapped. Not to mention the days I was on it, I would wake up in the middle of the night and do some pretty weird stuff, because I was dilirous or something
ok... Back to the Baclofen, once I realized phenibut was not without consequences, after investigation, I saw how chemically alike Baclofen was to it. Remembered I had some Baclofen and decided to take 40mg this time. 40 was the magic number for me. I was motivated feeling, social anxiety was gone, and I was focused. It was like when I took the phenibut, but it was less extreme. It felt cleaner. And the next day I woke up I didn't feel like total crap (like on the phenibut) instead I felt energetic still and in a good mood. But it wasn't the hypo-mania I felt with phenibut
I have tried researching why Baclofen affects me this way, because I seem to be the exception. I am still taking the Baclofen, now I take about 50-75mg a day. And once or twice a week I skip a day of it. My sleep has improved (I only take the Baclofen in the morning, never past noon) so I don't know if it has anything to do with it.
This is just my experience with Baclofen, and my experience seems to NOT BE in the norm ...

It's apparently quite useful for purely medical, non-recreational purposes. It's used as a general muscle relaxer and to treat those with muscle spasms and the like, but it's generally not considered recreational. It's a structural analog of GABA, but unlike some other drugs in this class, namely Lyrica (Pregabalin), Gabapentin (Neurontin) and/or Phenibut, it just doesn't produce a lot of positive effects from a recreational perspective.

I personally enjoy Pregabalin and Gabapentin quite a bit, but have never gotten similar positive effect from Baclofen taken in both high and low doses. Some people do enjoy it thought, as evidenced by some threads on Bluelight.

Actually it's highley recreational for me and and a lot of other people. It's just like phenibut but more cleaner stronger just all around better. I prefer it the benzo's and was addicted to that phenibut and gabapentin or lyrica at the same time. I prefer all these drug's to benzo's and there are a lot of other people that do to. Baclofen is super abused in Eastern Europe I am in Georgia where benzo's are otc and baclofen is far more abused. The same goes for Russia and all the other Easter European countries.

I'm on 80mg baclofen daily for alcoholism (20mg 4x daily). I've been on it for so long that dose really doesn't do anything to me at this point. Based on my own experience, though, I don't understand why anyone would abuse baclofen. When I've abused it in the past (mainly to try and go to sleep), all it did was make me confused, unable to focus and nauseous. No kind of euphoria whatsoever.

I was on baclofen for about 6 months. Taking 75 mg daily. It gave me energy and motivation. Then I ran out. Where I get it takes about 2-3 weeks to receive. I felt no withdrawals. Just didn't have that motivation I had when taking it.

Weird stuff

I was given baclofen a while back for cocaine addiction. My sub doctor said it helped the cravings for both cocaine and alcohol. Needless to say it didn't help and it made me crave cocaine, I never liked alcohol and it did absolutely nothing combined with subutex and klonopin too. It was like a placebo pill that made me want coke even more than I did before taking it. I ended up discontinuing it after about a week or 2 with no positive effects whatsoever. Baclofen was useless ime.

^^ I have heard a lot of people say that. It's really amazing to me how we are so all so different. Our brain chemistry is all so complicated. That is why i don't trust scientific studies on rats.
Human beings have such different reactions to different chemicals. How can scientist expect studies on rats to be anything like humans.

Me for example, I was not prescribed baclofen. I stumbled upon phenibut one day. And it was like hypomanic euphoria, energy and motivation. I originally purchased phenibut because I read that is was calming, and helped with anxiety. I will say it lowered my inhibitions and
I felt less self conscious. But I wasn't calm. I was non-stop talking, and going 100mph! I felt great.

I did more research on this phenibut, and read horror story after horror story. I even remember a post where a dude said phenibut withdrawal was worst than herion withdrawal. So I knew this would not end nicely for me. I saw where baclofen was similar to phenibut. So I ordered baclofen. I found it similar, MINUS the euphoria

Baclofen has been partially shown to "cure" alcoholism... I may have done some weird things to my brain (years of MXE, etc.) but I personally fine Baclofen to be quite useful. No euphoria, but a pleasant calming sensation. Fantastic combinations. Baclofen with 3-meo-pcp, Baclofen with Lyrica, Baclofen with Lyrica with 3-meo-pcp, and all three of the previous combinations but also with LSD.

^ Why would you add a muscle relaxer to LSD? Do you really need to add anything to LSD? Its like having a gallon of water, and adding a drop to the pale, 'cause you weren't satisfied with the amount..

^^ I have heard a lot of people say that. It's really amazing to me how we are so all so different. Our brain chemistry is all so complicated. That is why i don't trust scientific studies on rats.
Human beings have such different reactions to different chemicals. How can scientist expect studies on rats to be anything like humans.
You make a good point there.