• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Baclofen (Lioresal) - Miracle Drug or Crap

Tried baclofen again yesterday. 60 mg on top of all the other crap Im on. Not much of a buzz, and I feel dirty inside today.
Its just a shitty drug.

its been wonderful for my muscle spasms 15mg daily

I get prescribed baclofen, Lyrica, and Gabapentin. Baclofen does not do a thing for me. I don't get pain relief or any sort of relief for that fact. I get more pain relief and even some euphoria from Tizanidine 4mg.

I've read baclofen has some of the weirdest pharmacokinetics of any drug I've ever heard of or taken, in that there are individuals who simply do not respond to it orally, although some of these do via spinal pump, the weird thing, is that the opposite is reportedly true, some respond orally, but get nothing whatsoever via the intrathecal route.

I'm a non-responder to it orally, I've never felt anything, bar a bit of a dirty feeling after taking...christ I don't even know, but near a gram, quite possibly two. Neither of recreational use nor for muscle spasm. I agree about tizanidine though, wonderful stuff, although at 20mg, the hypotension can be problematic, especially as I also take clonidine (the latter being to stop me overloading, in the autie sense)

I should very much doubt there would be many complaints about its extirpation by clandestine chemists armed with soxhlets built from steel chemical drums and the refuse wood being piled up and burnt after it has been sucked dry of 2,6-dimethoxybenzoquinone.

That's a hilarious mental image.

I can't speak to baclofen, but I've tried F-phenibut, which is really more like F-baclofen. I found it to be rubbish as a hypnotic and rubbish as a recreational drug.

What was so funny? it would be a great way to get rid of noxious invasive weeds like that, promising the chemists both immunity from interference from the filth in their harvesting, and as an added inducement, that their labs would be free of porcine slime contamination from then until kingdom come. It'd work, could have us work in teams, even govt-provided steel drums, and the loan of a welding torch to the groups to build their equipment where they set up camp, every clandestine chemist gets a share of the profit, divvied up equally into a pool, and gets their share of the pie from the sales of the psychedelics.

Could be great PR too! 'local clandestine chemist pulls together to save the community from an ecological disaster'. Could be great fun too, everyone sitting round the soxhlet-fires in groups, swapping war stories, of when disaster struck, or the roof got doused in a phosphorus trichloride volcano, your pyrophoric 'Oh..SHIT!!' moments, the times the lawn got razed by having a flask of white phosphorus being distilled break, sending flaming WP all over, searing the lawn to the bare dirt, until much later, the P2O5 has broken down to become phosphate, and the lawn is decorated in patterns of super-lush green thick luxuriant grass growth in an 'octopus' shape, big central scorch at ground zero when the phosphate acts as fertilizer [no joking, actually happened to me once. Central 'body' at ground zero, with octopus 'tentacles' reaching across the length of the back garden lawn from the streamers of refluxing white P, when the apparatus failed structurally.)

And of course, getting together to share syntheses, reaction optimization tweaks and tricks, everybody getting their little black books out, refluxing HI/RP and ephedrine on camp hotplates, toasting marshmallows on sticks by the soxhlet-fires and everyone bringing a few things to cook up some entertainment during the evening, lots of cold beer flowing, the spicy fragrance of hash and skunk being bonged, whilst every clandestine chemist from miles around comes to set up camp.

Would be fucking fantastic, you have to admit! what a gathering that could be. Do good for the environment and community, get some good PR, while we all come scurrying out of the woodwork with the drums of HCl and NaOH, solvents, condensers and hotplates powered from generators...it'd be like one giant camp cookout, only that what is being cooked is somewhat different to the usual microwave readymeals..everyone knocking up a batch of their personal specialty, followed by switching the hotplates from heating oil baths and flasks to searing up steaks, roasting sausages by the open flames, eggs, bacon chips 'n beans, with baskets of wild mushrooms being fried in butter for the first annual clandestine chemist eco-cookout xD!

You KNOW it'd make a fantastic party in the evening, as the LAH was passed around, the nitro(m/e)thane flowing and everybody getting to come out of the woodwork and make contacts, talk shop and just generally bringing everyone together into one big coven=D

Last edited:
I found a list of DEA schedules for all drugs with dates when they became controlled (USA only). It goes back a few decades. Kind of interesting for anybody who cares:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/orangebook/orangebook.pdf

Interesting,
As my countries drug law closely followed (merely copypasted) from US one combined with various EU’s,
Plus its own ban list of many local plants known to be used as drugs,
(Eg. kratom has been illegal for at least 60-70 years)

Phenibut just made me feel incoordinated, nauseated, blurry vision, ataxic, and like I had a monster alcohol hangover. This was not a hangover itself, rather that was the acute effects, provoked at any active dose. I simply reacted badly to it.

This is exactly my experience with Phenibut. The acute effects of dosages of 500 and 1000 mg were hangover like, and lasted well into the next day. No sleeping it of like you do with an alcoholic hangover.

Pregabalin, although technically in the same class according to what been said in the thread, had no such effects, acute or on the side. And is a wonderfull medication not side effect free but bearable.