• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen caused Mania, Need titration schedule

Royalroacho

Greenlighter
Hi. I just registered here. I've been taking 100 to 160mg of baclofen for 3 weeks. I was taking 40 or 60 before now and then.

I thought it was pretty similar to gabapentin, which I've used and abused for years, and the withdrawal at these small doses was similar. I'm also on 12mg emsam, and 8 to 12mg Suboxone.

So one day, I just bought a bunch. I wanna change the way I feel, so I take 3 at once. Feels pretty good. So I take 2 more. Now I feel great! I'll take one more for good measure. OH BOY I wanna go buy fish for my aquarium, and clean my apartment, and do some wood and polymer clay sculpture and I buy a 600 dollar guitar, and I'm flirting with women and giving away money and walking around my apartment building looking for people to talk to amd I'm driving around looking for my ex that I broke up with 4 yrs ago and I don't need to sleep much and I'm gonna get a pet rabbit and I went to my parents to hang out cuz I wanna see them, and I tell them about how I'm doing great growing weed... wait.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. AM. I. DOING. I did alot of other stupid shit too. This is like textbook mania. I'm diagnosed with major depressive disorder/anhedonia and anxiety, I don't experience mania, but have bipolar friends. Now I know how they feel. I was like that for 3 weeks. I looked up mania baclofen, and found there has been cases of this. So it's not making me as manic now. But i have missed 4 classes, spent and gave away over 2 grand, have a rabbit and 2 more fish tanks,am in a "relationship" with this girl I picked up at riteaid I don't particularly like and have to explain to her why my personality suddenly changed and break up with, AND I had to dismantle my grow operation because I WAS FUCKING TELLING RANDOM PEOPLE INCLUDING MY PARENTS ABOUT IT. t

hey're actually kinda proud that I'm pulling it off, but they're worried sick... There are some positive results, I was extremely charming and charismatic, and talked my Dr into prescribing Suboxone as an antidepressant. All my money from my grow op was going to buying subs, so it's kinda a relief to stop, it's very risky where I'm living.

Anyway, I'm starting to get withdrawal in the morning. I knew it was gonna be very bad once I realized what was happening. It's just overwhelming fear and anxiety, like I'm thinking that the property manager is gonna have found out what I was doing, come in and find the holes in the walls and ceiling I had the ducts in and kick me out and Ill get arrested or be homeless and lose my pets...and I'm just so sure this is gonna happen till I take 60mg of baclos,then I can see it's not all that probable.

But it feels absolutely terrible, and I can't function at all. This is really bad, worse than opiate withdrawal. Does anyone know what titration schedule I should use? I was using 100 to 160a day, I'm down to 80. I really do not wanna go to the hospital or tell the doc. I'll have to withdraw from school, lose my job, and lose the sub script. This is potentially life ruiningly bad. I had NO fucking idea they would be like this, it felt like gabapentin at lower doses, I was doing it for a few months here and there for a few days at a time with no problem, them BAM I'm a crazy person. I'm glad I didn't end up finding my ex when I was stalking her at least...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I just registered here. I've been taking 100 to 160mg of baclofen for 3 weeks. I was taking 40 or 60 before now and then. I thought it was pretty similar to gabapentin, which I've used and abused for years, and the withdrawal at these small doses was similar. I'm also on 12mg emsam, and 8 to 12mg Suboxone. So one day, I just bought a bunch. I wanna change the way I feel, so I take 3 at once. Feels pretty good. So I take 2 more. Now I feel great! I'll take one more for good measure. OH BOY I wanna go buy fish for my aquarium, and clean my apartment, and do some wood and polymer clay sculpture and I buy a 600 dollar guitar, and I'm flirting with women and giving away money and walking around my apartment building looking for people to talk to amd I'm driving around looking for my ex that I broke up with 4 yrs ago and I don't need to sleep much and I'm gonna get a pet rabbit and I went to my parents to hang out cuz I wanna see them, and I tell them about how I'm doing great growing weed... wait. WHAT. THE. FUCK. AM. I. DOING. I did alot of other stupid shit too. This is like textbook mania. I'm diagnosed with major depressive disorder/anhedonia and anxiety, I don't experience mania, but have bipolar friends. Now I know how they feel. I was like that for 3 weeks. I looked up mania baclofen, and found there has been cases of this. So it's not making me as manic now. But i have missed 4 classes, spent and gave away over 2 grand, have a rabbit and 2 more fish tanks,am in a "relationship" with this girl I picked up at riteaid I don't particularly like and have to explain to her why my personality suddenly changed and break up with, AND I had to dismantle my grow operation because I WAS FUCKING TELLING RANDOM PEOPLE INCLUDING MY PARENTS ABOUT IT. they're actually kinda proud that I'm pulling it off, but they're worried sick... There are some positive results, I was extremely charming and charismatic, and talked my Dr into prescribing Suboxone as an antidepressant. All my money from my grow op was going to buying subs, so it's kinda a relief to stop, it's very risky where I'm living.
Anyway, I'm starting to get withdrawal in the morning. I knew it was gonna be very bad once I realized what was happening. It's just overwhelming fear and anxiety, like I'm thinking that the property manager is gonna have found out what I was doing, come in and find the holes in the walls and ceiling I had the ducts in and kick me out and Ill get arrested or be homeless and lose my pets...and I'm just so sure this is gonna happen till I take 60mg of baclos,then I can see it's not all that probable. But it feels absolutely terrible, and I can't function at all. This is really bad, worse than opiate withdrawal. Does anyone know what titration schedule I should use? I was using 100 to 160a day, I'm down to 80. I really do not wanna go to the hospital or tell the doc. I'll have to withdraw from school, lose my job, and lose the sub script. This is potentially life ruiningly bad. I had NO fucking idea they would be like this, it felt like gabapentin at lower doses, I was doing it for a few months here and there for a few days at a time with no problem, them BAM I'm a crazy person. I'm glad I didn't end up finding my ex when I was stalking her at least...

You need to taper down slowly try 5 mg a week.

Hey there royalroacho. If it had to bet, your non-mania experience (that wasn't mania, you remember everything and weren't shot or hospitalized) or maybe hypo-mania, can probably be for sure blamed on your emsam and not your barely-centrally-acting baclofen.

You probably know that Emsam, or transdermal selegiline (long-time viewers know that's a favorite of mine), will interact with all the medications. Strangely, no real specific warnings for baclofen or suboxone.

But then Emsam is about monoamine transmitters: dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin. Suboxone is about opioid receptors. Baclofen is about calcium channels and your muscles. So even if they did effect each other, doesn't really add up to mania.

Lots of things can trigger mania, though, and before any of us give you advice, you will talk to your doctor about this serious adverse event. I know you see a doctor, because they slap monoamine oxidase inhibitor patches on people only when they mean it. It's not exactly a refill on sertraline.

For all we know, this was a legit episode and there's something new in your diet, or altered sleep patterns, and next time you will wind up becoming an analyst for the CIA and fall in love with a manchurian candidate muslim convert back to kill the president. Or believe you're Claire Danes.

Manic events are life/death issues more serious than plugging jokes, so call your doc.

And whatever you do, avoid benzo buddies.

I have bipolar 1 and it reminded me of mania, just my opinion! That’s water under the bridge....

Did you use protection if you had sexual contact with the woman you met? If not, get tested for STDs.

Good idea to avoid Benzo Buddies!

How are you, Royal?