• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Back from rehab, want to start again.

upendra101

Greenlighter
So i was addicted to pot and alcohol for 6 years, and recently i got addicted to ciggrates also and i was doing LSD here and there. recently i was drinking 250ml of whiskey + 3 grams of weed + 7-8 Cigs a day. and that also in a single session. my life was messed up. i was sleeping at 7 am waking up at 5-6 pm. taking bath once a week or so. rest of the day and night went in watching webseries, playing video games and getting high. i am jobless at 27. in these 6 years i have spent 5.5 years jobless. i couldn't even start my business because of my laziness. i couldn't take a bath without few puffs. i am also bipolar. taking medication for the same
so i realized that i have a problem, which is addiction. so i myself went to rehab. i stayed there for a month. people there told me for good effects you have to stay atleast 90 days to 180 days to get effects but i only stayed for a month.now i am back from rehab clean for 50 days now. still all my sleeping bathing and motivation problems are there. only i am not doing any intoxication this time.
so i have few questions for you guys n girls
1. they told me in rehab " once an addict always an addict ". they said once you become addict you can never do that substance in control. i may choose to do it all again, but not in the same manner this time i will smoke bud like once in three month, alcohole once in 45 days and lsd once in 6 months or so. thats what i am planing to do from 2020. i am planing to stay clean till 31st dec 2019. so i want to know can i do my substances in controlled manner or am i bound to become an addict again? i will appreciate answers from people who were addicted at first and now doing things in controlled manner. and also pls tell me if i wanna stick to my bud only, can i do that or will i also relapse on alcohol?
2. for me until i went to rehab sober meant doing no intoxication at all. but back in rehab they had a different meaning. 95% of the rehab people were ciggerate smokers. even we were allowed to smoke 9 bidis (small Indian ciggerates) a day there. but i didn't smoke any. so some guy giving lecture there was saying i am sober for 9 years and then he was smoking in front of me so i asked him how can you call yourself sober if you are smoking ciggerates? i also asked him if you call yourself sober while smoking ciggerates which are poisonus then why cant i call myself sober while smoking weed which is a medicine. he didnt gave me a proper answer. so i would like to ask you people can one calls himself sober if he is smoking cigs?? and if so why can i not call myself sober while smoking bud?
3. if i choose to stay sober after 31st of dec will i have to go to A.A. meetings for life. coz all rehab ppl and my psychiatrist are saying you have attend meetings for life in order to stay sober. but i don't think thats required coz my father was also a alcohol addict but now he is not and he does not go to any meetings.
and if you have any advice for me about addiction or life then you may please share it.

Hey upendra101 - Welcome to Bluelight.

I don't think smoking cigarettes would be considered a relapse, but you can be addicted to pretty much anything, so it's all up to you in regards to how serious you think the problem is. Same goes for weed i guess, but i think what really defines a poor addiction is one that negatively effects your life, and for you that may be weed.

And in regards to AA meetings.. it's just what you think you need. If you still crave it, go to the meetings. I assume the cravings will always be there, so maybe find another member to hook up with and instead of going to the boring ass meetings just hang out with them sober and take it from there?

What do you think?

I have tried to quit weed many times because it has been a problem in my life, mainly because of induced-paranoia. On the other hand and at the same time, I love smoking. So you can imagine that this is a major internal conflict for me, since I need to stop doing something that I love doing.

Anyway, in my attempts I could not using it in a controlled way. It works in the first few days or the first week. Then I return to the previous excessive dosage.

I agree with the statement from your rehab: an addict is always an addict

Last edited:
for me, the habit is pretty easy to stave off and not very tempting when i'm not smoking all the time, but once I get started it's just as hard as hard drugs for me to quit, except without the crazy withdrawals. but the cravings and mental obsession drives me nuts, I get to a point where I can't focus so I'll just get stoned so I can end the mental war.

After about a few weeks, it still sounds appealing but I don't get cravings. I doubt I'll never not get cravings for it now... seems so odd looking back when I used to see my friends stoned, and from an outsider perspective, it looked so lame. Now I get excited at the idea. It can change both ways tho, the mind is fairly flexible and defined largely by habit.

thank God you never tried Heroin, otherwise you would be in prison or dead. FACT

Hi everyone. I'm over 15 yrs sober and been around here most of those years. My primary drug of choice is weed and anyone who has tried to stop after 15 years of daily usage knows that stopping weed ain't ez. I was just done with smoking weed daily and periodic use just led back to everyday use. Sadly, there also became an issue of drug screening at work, which really pissed me off!!!!
After about 2 years sober I stopped being pissed off by being sober. I didn't have much cravings considering I remained with the same weed smoking friends and musical groups.
I went to AA, did the 12 steps one and got pretty involved. I also did MA. After going to meeting for 8 years in 2 different locations, sadly I grew tired of meetings and stopped going. Not a good choice but i'm doing fine. I would head right back to meeting if craving s came back or I needed to use doctor prescribed opiate pain meds. Pain meds were part of my complete story.

Think of the extra $. The chance of jail (if that still applies where you live). yea go to meetings I guess. *Im joking* Be our guinea pig and see if you can get them to give you suboxone for your weed habit, just don't ingest it.