• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Bacillus bacteria and dopamine boost.

allone

Bluelighter
Very interesting findings. I've been thinking of getting on probiotics for a while so I'll have to try this out and post back with updates.

Anyone have any recommendations for specific brands/products?

Last edited:
this is the best yogurt when it comes to live bacteria with live tart flavor knowing its quite active. https://www.heb.com/product-detail/white-mountain-bulgarian-whole-milk-probiotic-yogurt/404980

not advertising and do not have any associations with the products manufacturer but because i have been consuming so many yogurt products, i find this a very good deal to recommend from very personal point of view and no interests whatsoever except i hope others enjoy the best yogurt out there and be happy :)

I drank a liter+/day of whole milk and ate a ton of yogurt for the first year or so of high school. I suddenly developed an intolerance to casein (milk protein) and/or lactose (literally overnight, one day I was fine and the next day a few glasses of milk made me sick) and haven't been able to eat most dairy products since. I'll have to see if there are any non-dairy probiotic yogurts.

Well I have noticed some positive mood benefits from use of probiotics. Never sure which ones as I always switch it up but there’s something to it.

-GC

Well I have noticed some positive mood benefits from use of probiotics. Never sure which ones as I always switch it up but there’s something to it.

-GC

there are tons of probiotics on the market. you should have paid attention which ones actually do anything and which dont. lots of fakes. the market is saturated with such

holy shit my prediction that the future of drugs will be drugs via viruses/bacteria WAS CORRECT

wow

-GC
could just chalk it up to increased gut biome health (which has so many various benefits)

I've noticed big gains in overall from probiotics, but I think that's because I destroyed my stomach with 9 years of alcoholism

pretty interesting stuff how our biome of beneficial bacteria effect our bodies. I had my appenix removed as a child, which apparently is where some special bacteria are made in the intestine and makes me susceptible to all sorts of things including mental/physical/immunie issues.

Last edited:
e0150fecc9fcb4318b095d394ba8039b.jpg

those are really good probiotics but i only take them now if i have to go on an antibiotic

i used to take them more regularly but i didn't notice much of a difference other than it clearing up some chronic heartburn i had going on from a round of antibiotics

kimchi and sauerkraut - that's pretty much the only probiotic foods i'll eat

I have mixed feelings about probiotics.

Each strain of gut bacteria produces a protein toxin and a protein that binds and inactivates the toxin. Bacteria living together share the genes for the antitoxins, so every member in the gut microbiome basically carries a keyring of antidotes to the complex antimicrobial landscape of the gut. This means any newcomers get pretty toasted by the existing bacteria.

However a recent study showed that eating fermented foods but not prebiotics (fiber likely to fuel bacteria growth) increased gut microbiome diversity. Doubly however, none of the new bacterial strains in the gut came from the bacteria found in the fermented food. It is likely fermented food, provides some other conditions that changes the layout of pre-existing gut bacteria, possibly because the food is already broken down into readily usable nutrients that existing gut bacteria can better utilize.

In general gut microbiome research is in its infancy, and many studies are not very robust (a lot of the autism gut microbiome research is currently getting challenged, as there was a pretty robust paper showing that the diet of autistic individuals is sufficient to make microbiome changes associated with autism, which challanges the asset ration that the gut microbiota actively have a driving role in autism).