• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bachelor of science major

revolve

Bluelighter
After this semester, I'll need to pick my major. I currently meet the prerequisites to major in either pharmacology, chemistry or genetics. At this point, I can almost confidently say that I equally like all three fields.

I want to know what everyone thinks is the most valuable major and why. It's likely that I'll also do grad school in that field, if that means anything.

imo, do what you enjoy and find interesting the most. especially since your eventually going to grad school for it (which is fantastic, btw!!).

but if i had to pick one, i would choose pharmacology. feel like you can go around the world with it if you wanted to. as a nursing major, i dont know much about genetics so i cant vouch for it. but i do like pharmacology.

not an expert, but my gut reaction says chemistry. all other things equal, i feel like it's the most versatile in terms of future options.

If all three fields interest you equally, have you considered job prospects for each of them? Looking around and deciding which areas of study are going to yield the most secure future for you might help you decide between them. Also given your fields of choice, grad school would probably be a good idea.